Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

25 minutes ago, Cranker said:

Nope , neither are pack ins . I’m surprised they did not choose these two as part of the eight, but I’m sure they have their reasons .

Wow, I forgot what the 6 were / are.

Unless these will be different packing? Only Bi-Planes is Intellivision re-imagined partly. 

So maybe they have a different look for remakes of original Intellivision games? 

Or more likely they will be exclusive games to some outlet. 

21 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

Wow, I forgot what the 6 were / are.

Unless these will be different packing? Only Bi-Planes is Intellivision re-imagined partly. 

So maybe they have a different look for remakes of original Intellivision games? 

Or more likely they will be exclusive games to some outlet. 

Pack in games 

Shark, Shark! 
Astrosmash

Cornhole

Farkle
Skiiing 

and unannounced game 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
We are proud to announce and reveal our Boxed Edition physical products!

Our goal was to create something unique and interesting for collectors by combining some of the advantages of digital and physical games for modern times and as the industry moves into the future.

Limited Editions available now and shipping as early as 7 - 10 days.

Order here:
https://intellivision.com/collectors-boxed-edition-bundles

Happy BDAY Karen!!!

Had a few moments earlier today, but just missed the actual announcement.  Finally got to see it just a little while ago!!! Woo Hoo!!!   Have not read the comments so if I repeat.. My apologies. Now that we've seen this packaging.. Let the people start complaining about not seeing the physical box for the system itself!!

Since this Rando got to see the packaging just a short while ago, wait... It was just a week.. DANG..

The physical packaging is very well done.  One thing that I think that they were hiding very well was the actual size of the packaging.  That surprised me the most.  Even more than the pack in items. When I gave my multi paragraph write up about it last week, I kept changing the physical descriptions as I didn't want to give anything away. 

The linticular card is crafted out of a nice cardboard. Hard for them to show on the presentation. The 3D effect is pretty nice. And the actual card is thick enough not to bow like the old Kellogg's 3d cards.Over time? I don't know. I don't see these bowing like those old cards did...

The Coin had some heft to it for its size. Nicely stamped. great detail.  The front design with the Title was cool. The back with each frame of the running man was a very nice touch.

The "cartridge" was also a nice touch. While I'm not totally sold on NFT's as a whole,  I find it an intriguing idea for game ownership. As each cart has a unique ID that is tied to your Amico. And you can "untie" it and sell. I'm also sure that if I ever have to replace my Amico, I'll be able to play all of my games on my new one, without jumping through a million hoops like I do now.

I look forward to seeing more info as we get closer and closer to the shipping of the FE and VIPs.  Then to seeing it on store shelves.

Yes, I pre-ordered the lot. As I've stated in the past, the only thing that I haven't seen much of, is Brain Dual. That is the only real, unknown factor. I hope to see more of it prior to launch. Looking forward to reading all the drama that I predict will be unfolding in the comments.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

I am a bit late to this party it seems!

It is Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, so I was off doing the family thing most of the day.

Oddly enough, I did not get an e-mail notification for this? I did double check and had a peek in the span and did see nothing from Intellivision.

But, as I was able to order the collectors set I suppose no real harm done in being overlooked. I was given order #1653 so I guess for being available for just half a day on a Sunday so far and probably not well promoted as of yet, that is really not to shabby for sales I think.

I am not big on NFT's but as I could easily see bootleggers having a field day with unprotected RFID games for the system, I suppose it is a necessary evil.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, vongruetz said:

Well I just ordered and I'm 1296. So it looks like they're going fast. 

I wasn't planning on getting them all, but then I started thinking. Value for value. I've gotten so much entertainment just from this forum and all the free videos Tommy has done over the years. I've gotten over $150 of value already, and so giving some money back to IE is the least I can do.

I think it's a great value for the whole set. Maybe a little too great. Like I'd said earlier, would have liked to have paid $10 more a box to get a mini cartridge and booklet with instruction or backstory. But, $230 v $150 may be more important to most folks.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Utopia said:

Just tried to order but Australia is not accepted as a valid shipping location. 😞

Yeah, that really suck you're getting passed by Down Under. Maybe you can use package forwarding and just pay out the butt if you really want them. As in maybe extra $80 USD. PF always has to send things as fast as possible so their delivery times look better.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rogerd007 said:

Shipping from the USA to Australia has been woeful for the past 6 months (or more). Shipping from the EU and UK to Australia is as fast as ever, so there's no reason we shouldn't be getting access to the limited edition sets. Kind of disappointing considering we put our money down for the founders edition nearly two years ago, and now we're locked out of being able to purchase the collectors edition packs simply because someone can't be bothered with Australia.

Having said that, we could use an intermediary postal service (i.e. a USA shipping address) that will then re-ship it from the USA -> Australia using DHL or FedEx etc, but frankly I feel more like cancelling my founders edition right now.

Aren't you wanting shipping from a PAL country, or are these all region free. I forget.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swami said:

Aren't you wanting shipping from a PAL country, or are these all region free. I forget.

Fairly sure the console works everywhere in the world with no special versions required.

Just sent a enquiry to I.E. through their website as to obtaining this boxed collectors edition in Australia so I have my fingers crossed. 🤞

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Utopia said:

Fairly sure the console works everywhere in the world with no special versions required.

Just sent a enquiry to I.E. through their website as to obtaining this boxed collectors edition in Australia so I have my fingers crossed. 🤞

Hope they'll find a solution before the stock is gone.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

The smallest is 500MB and the most is 1GB I think.

I wish Tommy Tallarico answers it himself.

Edited by Serguei2
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

The smallest is 500MB and the most is 1GB I think.

Quite surprised by that. Which one would be 1gb?!

• Like 2

I'm having a strong feeling that the console is almost there, almost a reality. And when this becomes real, the moment we've all be waiting for will happen. I'm talking about this situation:

cover3.jpg

This, my friends, is already happening with certain privileged people who have tried the Amico, and will become an extended phenomenon in 2022. I must confess I will be more than happy to be with the guys in the sofa.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

I have a question . Let’s say I have the physical games and I lend them to a friend and they get removed from my console. When I get them back, will I still have my high scores ? 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Cranker said:

I have a question . Let’s say I have the physical games and I lend them to a friend and they get removed from my console. When I get them back, will I still have my high scores ? 

That's a very good question!

15 minutes ago, Cranker said:

That is an awesome question, since High scores on probably on servers I would have to to say Tommy will say yes.

Edited by OEB_Pete
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Serguei2 said:

I wish Tommy Tallarico answers it himself.

I only answered because you quoted my post asking about the file size for the games.  Sorry I couldn't be of help.  I went by what Tommy said last year about file size.  Which was 500MB to 1GB.  

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, OEB_Pete said:

That is an awesome question, since High scores on probably on servers I would have to to say Tommy will say yes.

Although I don’t think I’ll be opening my physical games , it would be a great feature.

6 minutes ago, OEB_Pete said:

I also expect a "yes", but it would be nice to hear an official statement on this.

1 minute ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

I also expect a "yes", but it would be nice to hear an official statement on this.

Since it’s only save game data , it makes sense that it would save on the console. For people that want to lend the games out , it sounds like a must have feature ! 

8 minutes ago, Cranker said:

Since it’s only save game data , it makes sense that it would save on the console. For people that want to lend the games out , it sounds like a must have feature ! 

The online highscores save in the cloud, I expect. But yeah, what about local highscores? Do they stay if a game is uninstalled, @Tommy Tallarico ?

And on that topic btw, do players need to be online to set high scores globally? Or will the records be uploaded the next time they go online?

Edited by SegaMasterSystemPunk