Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

5 minutes ago, Cranker said:

Since it’s only save game data , it makes sense that it would save on the console. For people that want to lend the games out , it sounds like a must have feature ! 

Yeah I would have thought that too. Offline high scores could surely be stored locally, on the console itself.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

The online highscores save in the cloud, I expect. But yeah, what about local highscores? Do they stay if a game is uninstalled, @Tommy Tallarico ?

And on that topic btw, do players need to be online to set high scores globally? Or will the records be uploaded the next time they go online?

I would expect that records would be updated next time you go online. Games on my iPhone had that feature years ago.

So from what I understand, you can use a maximum of 4 Amico controllers and not 8 ? (In baseball, blank slate or any game that can play up to 8 players) it would be nice to be able to use up to 8 controllers. 

17 minutes ago, Cranker said:

So from what I understand, you can use a maximum of 4 Amico controllers and not 8 ? (In baseball, blank slate or any game that can play up to 8 players) it would be nice to be able to use up to 8 controllers. 

Yes 4 controllers and 4 phones for a total of 8 since controllers connect Bluetooth and phones WiFi it keeps the system from getting bogged down by one connection type 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alpha82 said:

Yes 4 controllers and 4 phones for a total of 8 since controllers connect Bluetooth and phones WiFi it keeps the system from getting bogged down by one connection type 

I get it. It’s just that I thought Tommy said that Baseball could be played with up

to 8 players and I assumed that meant the console could handle 8 controllers at once since the phone controller won’t be as good for a game like Baseball. Ok thx 

On 10/8/2021 at 8:38 AM, Tommy Tallarico said:

Andre LaMothe

I finished the controllers, handed it all off, and the console devs and programmers continued working and developing everything.

[...]

I get a lot of companies calling me each year to develop a game console, and I rarely will engage with them since I know they don't have the money, time, nor fortitude to see it thru -- When I spoke to Tommy and as we talked over the months and months of initial development, the Amico is his absolute passion -- That's why I said yes to the project.

Platform development is so much fun. It's difficult, but lots of fun.

What's not fun is turning down projects and/or trying as constructively as possible to explain concerns and potential problems. Comes with the territory, though.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cranker said:

I get it. It’s just that I thought Tommy said that Baseball could be played with up

to 8 players and I assumed that meant the console could handle 8 controllers at once since the phone controller won’t be as good for a game like Baseball. Ok thx 

Yes, that is a bummer.  But for Baseball.  If you had 4 vs 4.

I would say, the team in the field uses the real controllers and the team at bat uses the phone to bat and run the bases.

But, the motion control for hitting would be missed.  IDK.  I would think they have this figured out for us already!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
Amazing write-up from Best Buy Canada!

They told us they already SOLD OUT the Graphite Black pre-orders within the first day!

https://blog.bestbuy.ca/video-games/intellivision-amico-pre-orders-and-physical-game-packaging-revealed

I'm confused. The people on Twitter say nobody wants it, but you're saying people are buying them? I'm so confused. I don't know what to believe anymore.

• Haha 10

3 minutes ago, vongruetz said:

I'm confused. The people on Twitter say nobody wants it, but you're saying people are buying them? I'm so confused. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Reading Twitter at all is where you've gone wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, Beatley82 said:

Offline high scores could surely be stored locally, on the console itself.

Correct.  And for most games they are tied to your profile.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, woobman said:

Happy BDAY Karen!!!

Thank you.  I really appreciate the sentiment.  It really means a lot.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Swami said:

Aren't you wanting shipping from a PAL country, or are these all region free. I forget.

Region free!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Serguei2 said:

I wish Tommy Tallarico answers it himself.

300MB - 1.2GB is around the current range.  The average is around 600MB - 700MB.

And you know what takes up most of it.  THE MUSIC! 

DAMN THOSE AUDIO FOLKS!!!!!!!

:D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

7 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Correct.  And for most games they are tied to your profile.

That's good, thanks.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rogerd007 said:

Shipping from the USA to Australia has been woeful for the past 6 months (or more). Shipping from the EU and UK to Australia is as fast as ever, so there's no reason we shouldn't be getting access to the limited edition sets. Kind of disappointing considering we put our money down for the founders edition nearly two years ago, and now we're locked out of being able to purchase the collectors edition packs simply because someone can't be bothered with Australia.

Having said that, we could use an intermediary postal service (i.e. a USA shipping address) that will then re-ship it from the USA -> Australia using DHL or FedEx etc, but frankly I feel more like cancelling my founders edition right now.

Yeah... the best thing to do would be to get someone in the U.S. to buy them and then have that person ship it to Australia.  We are unable to do it because of things like ratings, import taxes, etc.

• Like 6

Where can extra controllers be pre ordered in Canada ? Stand can we use the physical games as in the rfid code without opening the box ? I know it’s probably no but just wondering if you see this Tommy !

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Cranker said:

I just ordered and I’m 1613. I’m guessing that’s only 613 8 packs sold ? 

The order numbers are all different depending on the pack you ordered and in what country you are (as they are different websites between the U.S./Canada and Europe/UK, etc.).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, MantaNZ said:

Does your postal service have a forwarding system? I live in New Zealand and NZ Post has a service called YouShop. Basically they give you a unique address (one in US and one in UK), then you get the goods sent there, then you pay to have them shipped home.

I have a friend in Dubai who does the same thing.  He buys stuff on Amazon all the time then has the service ship him the products separately to the UAE.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2021 at 12:35 PM, Intellivision Master said:

The boxes are nice looking.  I can't wait to see how the Imagic boxes will look.

You know we GOTTA do at least the silver cart!  :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 10/10/2021 at 12:50 PM, MantaNZ said:

Hey Tommy will it be possible to just buy one or two games? I'm too poor to buy 4 or 8 at the moment and I really just want a couple of the titles.

Yes.  They will not have the Limited Collector's Edition markings as we did that to signify the first 50,000 units off the presses!

Once we're launched, you'll be able to get them individually from our website or certain retailers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3