Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

On 10/10/2021 at 1:31 PM, vongruetz said:

So then what makes the Collectors Edition different? Is it just the print on the box?

Correct.  It is to signify the first 50,000 ever made.

We wanted to do something a little special.

• Like 7

On 10/10/2021 at 11:44 AM, vongruetz said:

Well I just ordered and I'm 1296. So it looks like they're going fast. 

I wasn't planning on getting them all, but then I started thinking. Value for value. I've gotten so much entertainment just from this forum and all the free videos Tommy has done over the years. I've gotten over $150 of value already, and so giving some money back to IE is the least I can do.

Thank you for the continued support!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

The order numbers are all different depending on the pack you ordered and in what country you are (as they are different websites between the U.S./Canada and Europe/UK, etc.).

The order numbers in Shopify start at 1000 for each store. Intellivision has 2 stores setup (US/Canada and Europe). So there will be 2 order totals (one for each store). The order number just increments by 1 for each order submitted. The contents of the order doesn't change anything about that. For example, you could add both 4 packs and the 8 pack to your cart - that order will just increment the order number by 1. So you can't use the order number to determine how much product was sold. Someone could add an 8 pack to their cart with a quantity of 10 - that'd still just be 1 order number increment.

I work in e-commerce for a few brands that use Shopify. It takes up a large part of my day :) 

• Like 6

On 10/10/2021 at 11:44 AM, wolfy62 said:

Something you folks may consider that I didnt think about until after I ordered :

The North American collectors set is being produced in a much larger number than the European edition,I believe its 40k versus 10k?

If anyone cares about that stuff!

Yes.  That is very true. 

For collectors... the European versions will be more scarce. 

You are correct... 40,000 for U.S./Canada and 10,000 for Europe/UK.

I know at least 2 people here who purchased the Europe versions and are having people send them here.

Me & @cmart604 !!

:)

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2021 at 12:10 PM, Bloodfire said:

Hey Tommy,

I ordered the 8 pack, can't wait  (order 1041)!  Any news on the Archon remake?  It is the game I most want!!!  My friends, brother, and I played so many hours on that game back in the 80s.  Thanks for any news!

Definitely on our "to do" list and the owners of the franchise are the ones who did our Battle Tanks game!

• Like 6

On 10/10/2021 at 11:48 AM, Intellivision Master said:

For those who pre-ordered the games, is there an option at checkout for a promo code like on the IE shop?

There is not.  Sorry.

• Like 3

On 10/10/2021 at 12:13 PM, vongruetz said:

So I'm on the IE website, and I can't seem to find a way to get the page to order the physical packs. Does that mean the only way people are picking these up now is by going through the link sent out in social media on the mailing list?  

It's the entire top black bar of the website, but understandable to miss it. 

For folks reading who may still be looking for it.  Here's the direct link:
https://intellivision.com/collectors-boxed-edition-bundles

• Like 5

On 10/10/2021 at 12:25 PM, Papy said:

Looking at the comments here and on YouTube, it looks like the vast majority of people are happy with these boxes. I love that!

Yeah!  From our perspective it was a huge home run!  A couple of people told me that even some of our harshest critics ended up giving us a little credit.

• Like 10

On 10/10/2021 at 10:54 AM, BigDumer said:

While I am no expert on RFID tech, I assume that the RFID can be used while the card is still in the box. If so, I know some people will be pleased if they can still download the game to their Amico without opening the box.

Correct!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 10/10/2021 at 11:01 AM, Papy said:

Looking at my order number, I wonder if these numbers started at #0001, #0100 or #1000. Does anyone have an order number below #1000?

I do!

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 10/10/2021 at 11:06 AM, PeterPepper said:

Also, in the video, the color of the Finnegan Fox label on the cart card is red...will there be different colors used similar to the color coding on the original carts? That would be fun to try to get them all if that were the case.

Yes!  Glad someone brought that up.  Evel Knievel for example is in the SPORTS category so that label is blue.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

On 10/10/2021 at 11:41 AM, BiffMan said:

Order 1307, so that's probably at least 307 orders so far, right? Not bad for a Sunday afternoon with no advance warning. 

Crazy... right?!?!!

And again, countries had different websites as well as 3 different SKU's for each of the websites (6 total).

• Like 5

On 10/9/2021 at 9:18 PM, CurlyQ said:

Happy 10/10 Birthday wishes to Tommy's beloved sister Karen. She would have been 49 years young today.♥️

intellivision-amico-happy-birthday-karen-tallarico.thumb.png.bbd8eaa0dec9d774b4555a1ba6ed99f8.png

Oh wow!  Just seeing this for the first time.  Thank you so much.  Will send this to my mom, dad & brother now.

Really special.  You're so amazing.  It really means a lot.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Cranker said:

Where can extra controllers be pre ordered in Canada ?

I believe the link for controllers was in the Best Buy article.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
On 10/10/2021 at 12:41 PM, BiffMan said:

Order 1307, so that's probably at least 307 orders so far, right? Not bad for a Sunday afternoon with no advance warning. 

Crazy... right?!?!!

And again, countries had different websites as well as 3 different SKU's for each of the websites (6 total).

I did order last night  160x for me :) On a Sunday...  Just the announcement video.  Not bad...  Hoping to see that number go way up.  I'd love to hear when you have sold half the stock.. But I understand that you want to hold that probably semi-tight to the vest.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I do!

😁

C'mon now - order numbers in Shopify start at 1000 and the only alterations that can be made are prefixes and suffixes 🤓. Also, although there are 6 SKUs in total across both stores, there are only 2 order numbers incrementing - one for each store.

22 minutes ago, Jacob Livingston said:

The order numbers in Shopify start at 1000 for each store. Intellivision has 2 stores setup (US/Canada and Europe). So there will be 2 order totals (one for each store). The order number just increments by 1 for each order submitted. The contents of the order doesn't change anything about that. For example, you could add both 4 packs and the 8 pack to your cart - that order will just increment the order number by 1. So you can't use the order number to determine how much product was sold. Someone could add an 8 pack to their cart with a quantity of 10 - that'd still just be 1 order number increment.

I work in e-commerce for a few brands that use Shopify. It takes up a large part of my day :) 

Ah-ha.  Thank you for clarifying!  That makes sense.  That explains why there are more sales than the order numbers.  I keep seeing the overall numbers and they don't match close to the order numbers.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

For those who have actually played on Amico, I have a question. How long does it take from when you start until you're actually playing the game?  I started The Last of Us II, and it's been about an hour now and I'm not sure I'm actually playing anything. So far it just seems like a lot of cut scenes and Aaron Sorkin walking-while-talking moments.  I want to play something, and I feel I wasted my gaming time for today (probably for the week. It's a holiday here in the US for some of us)

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Jacob Livingston said:

C'mon now - order numbers in Shopify start at 1000 and the only alterations that can be made are prefixes and suffixes 🤓. Also, although there are 6 SKUs in total across both stores, there are only 2 order numbers incrementing - one for each store.

I was just joking... meaning I've had the boxes in my office for about a month (because Hans shipped me a bunch back in September when they were completed).

But yes, you are correct about the order number increments.  I was told yesterday they were separate, but they must have been referring to the countries... but what you are saying makes sense given the report I saw this morning.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vongruetz said:

For those who have actually played on Amico, I have a question. How long does it take from when you start until you're actually playing the game?  I started The Last of Us II, and it's been about an hour now and I'm not sure I'm actually playing anything. So far it just seems like a lot of cut scenes and Aaron Sorkin walking-while-talking moments.  I want to play something, and I feel I wasted my gaming time for today (probably for the week. It's a holiday here in the US for some of us)

It takes less than 30 seconds from a cold start (1 second from sleep mode).  Then from the U.I. to the game load.... anywhere from 5 - 10 seconds I would say (depending on the game).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Tommy Tallarico said:

I was just joking... meaning I've had the boxes in my office for about a month (because Hans shipped me a bunch back in September when they were completed).

But yes, you are correct about the order number increments.  I was told yesterday they were separate, but what you are saying makes sense given the report I saw this morning.

All good - sorry for being a nerd on the topic - just happens to be my line of work. Congrats on getting this out there - product looks great and I really like the forgiving implementation with the tradability, etc.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, vongruetz said:

This is completely unscientific. And Keep in mind that I saw the back end GUI (Dev) space. Not what customers will finally see.  My guess - 20ish seconds from complete power cycle to GUI. . Then fairly quickly after that. If I were to guestimate - From total Power down until you start choosing what course to run in Evel Knievel... Then riding on that course... Less than a minute.

I'm sure Tommy has those numbers.. But it didn't feel like I was loading a Cassette Tape on my old C64. :)  From sleep/rest mode I expect it should be quicker.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Jacob Livingston said:

All good - sorry for being a nerd on the topic - just happens to be my line of work. Congrats on getting this out there - product looks great and I really like the forgiving implementation with the tradability, etc.

No worries!  Thank you for letting me know!  I don't track the order numbers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

300MB - 1.2GB is around the current range.  The average is around 600MB - 700MB.

And you know what takes up most of it.  THE MUSIC! 

DAMN THOSE AUDIO FOLKS!!!!!!!

:D

But you know...a great score can make the simplest of games punch above its weight :)

Scores, soundtracks, effects....mmmmmm...preaching to the choir in here though :)

• Like 2