Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

300MB - 1.2GB is around the current range.  The average is around 600MB - 700MB.

And you know what takes up most of it.  THE MUSIC! 

DAMN THOSE AUDIO FOLKS!!!!!!!

:D

I don't surprise if textures would take a lot of rooms too.

After all, we live in high resolution 4k, needs hi-textures to match our reality.

We're not in 640x480 resolution anymore.

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I believe the link for controllers was in the Best Buy article.

Thanks ! I’ll look for the link. I checked on the site and could not find it . I did get a purple one from EB a while back ! The purple one is no longer listed on the EB site but I hope my order is still there ! Also

they have 12/31/2022 which I pray does not mean we are waiting until 2023 ! 

fantastic news that you can download the games without opening the boxes !! This is fantastic !!! 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Cranker said:

Thanks ! I’ll look for the link. I checked on the site and could not find it . I did get a purple one from EB a while back ! The purple one is no longer listed on the EB site but I hope my order is still there ! Also

they have 12/31/2022 which I pray she’s not mean we are waiting until 2023 ! 

fantastic news that you can download the games without opening the boxes !! This is fantastic !!! 

I checked the link in the article. It said they were already sold out.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Wren said:

But you know...a great score can make the simplest of games punch above its weight :)

Personally, I'd like to be able to leave on sound effects while turning off music (as an option). (I'd also like an option for turning off announcers during football games but leaving field audio, so there's that)

53 minutes ago, The Wren said:

But you know...a great score can make the simplest of games punch above its weight :)

Scores, soundtracks, effects....mmmmmm...preaching to the choir in here though :)

Like Snafu. Sure, it's like Snake or Tron or whatever. But DAMN that music! The sound effects, the music, it totally made that game.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Cranker said:

I know I've read it many times on Atariage, that those are placeholder dates that don't mean anything.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Serguei2 said:

I don't surprise if textures would take a lot of rooms too.

After all, we live in high resolution 4k, needs hi-textures to match our reality.

We're not in 640x480 resolution anymore.

For some reason the texture comment reminds me of "reticulating splines" from SimCity 

• Haha 1

Is there a separate box variant for each European language or is there just one European version?  In other words, what languages/countries do I need to order from in order to collect them all?  I already ordered the UK version and am considering getting German too if it is different.

1 minute ago, Saldo said:

If you order from the Euro site will it ship to the US?

35 minutes ago, LinemanDoc said:

Is there a separate box variant for each European language or is there just one European version?  In other words, what languages/countries do I need to order from in order to collect them all?  I already ordered the UK version and am considering getting German too if it is different.

Didnt you need an address in a European country?

I tried my address in California,no go.

I thought you need someone in another country to purchase them for you.

Please,tell us your secrets!😄

• Like 1

I found a address forwarding service by using a quick Google search.  There are many and I've never used any of them.  I ended up choosing one called ForwardVia and am just hoping it is legitimate at this point.  I'll find out how it goes in a few weeks when Intellivision ships.  Basically, they give you a free address and contact you whenever they receive a package in your name.  At that point, they give me shipping options and charge me to forward it.

I've used similar services in the US when I used to live full time in an RV, but this is my first time trying an international service.

• Like 5

Tommy, will there be more limited edition collector's physical game bundles before release or is this planned as a one-and-done unveiling? Just curious because I do believe people (myself very much included) would buy more. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Utopia said:

Fairly sure the console works everywhere in the world with no special versions required.

Just sent a enquiry to I.E. through their website as to obtaining this boxed collectors edition in Australia so I have my fingers crossed. 🤞

I saw it posted that Intellivision Entertainment is unable to ship to Australia dues to taxes and such.

No worries my brother,I have you covered! 👍😊

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

I saw it posted that Intellivision Entertainment is unable to ship to Australia dues to taxes and such.

No worries my brother,I have you covered! 👍😊

And I thank you very much!

My good friend Dale has ordered a set for me and I am very grateful. Will send you some money soon.

I love this community and how people here help eachother out.

Good Karma.

Thanks again Dale. 👍👍

• Like 9

Canada’s Best Buy Amicos are all sold out (including extra controllers). I have long suspected Intellivision’s problem will be to produce enough of them (even before the pandemic issues) vs some people’s claims that “nobody wants one”.

I do feel sorry for Canadians that missed out - hopefully Intellivision can allocate more stock to the land of Hockey and Poutine in the coming months 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

On 10/9/2021 at 2:16 PM, N0mi said:

Tommy, I asked for and just received an official statement by MediaMarkt Germany regarding the cancellation of my Amico First Edition pre-order:

"Due to an unexpectedly high demand, the article you ordered is unfortunately no longer available and can no longer be purchased by the manufacturer. For this reason, your order has unfortunately been cancelled"

Well, I should be happy for you and the company to hear about the high demand, but I doubt this was the actual reason. I for now will leave it as it is. 

As we hear about the Canada sell out, I just want to give a final update on the cancellation of my pre-order.

I kindly asked the service team of MediaMarkt how it does comply with the fact that the console is still available for pre-order in their online shop. They replied that it is not relevant and not connected to current stock.

But the best part of their explanation is when they literally told me that the manufacturer has discontinued / cancelled the product.

Say what? 😁

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
Amazing write-up from Best Buy Canada!

They told us they already SOLD OUT the Graphite Black pre-orders within the first day!

https://blog.bestbuy.ca/video-games/intellivision-amico-pre-orders-and-physical-game-packaging-revealed

While this is great news, I was wondering when the U.S. get to see some of this action?  So far no presales other than Gamestop.  Any idea when Best Buy and Amazon will have the Amico up for sale?

After reading that article I realized that there is a rough target release of the 1Q 2022:

"However, Tommy and the team at Intellivision are aiming for a Q1 2022 release."

Hopefully by the end of March 2022 we will all get to play the Amico!

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Cranker said:

Yeah, then you don't have to buy the games even! Just bring an RFID scanner to GameStop! ;)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GrudgeQ said:

Canada’s Best Buy Amicos are all sold out (including extra controllers). I have long suspected Intellivision’s problem will be to produce enough of them (even before the pandemic issues) vs some people’s claims that “nobody wants one”.

I do feel sorry for Canadians that missed out - hopefully Intellivision can allocate more stock to the land of Hockey and Poutine in the coming months 

Bob: Awe hey!  Someone got a picture of us sitting outside the Best Buys store waiting for our Amico, eh...

Doug: Ah...take off eh!  Those are just statues of us!  It was all On-Line sales dork!

Bob: Oh Jeeze... I thought On-Line meant we stood on a line...

Doug: No hosehead... it's that internet stuff, eh!

Bob: No it's not hoser!

Doug: No...you're a hoser!

0326_city_bobanddoug_7-s.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

I thought the reveal was cool.  I especially like how the card looks like the original Intellivision game cartridges, it actually fooled me when the box was opened I thought it had an actual cartridge inside.  That being said, I'm not  a collector so I didn't order. I'm just patiently waiting for the console to ship so I start playing some games.  Really encouraging though that the boxes are being shipped out, gives me hope that the system isn't far behind.

• Like 12

19 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Definitely on our "to do" list and the owners of the franchise are the ones who did our Battle Tanks game!

From one old Intellivision owner to another with a "to do" list. Just one word. Imagic

• Like 3

Here's an interesting question for @Tommy Tallarico.

Tommy, you have more data than us. With your current estimated plans, how many months will the phsical games have to wait "unused" for, let's say, the very first person who receives an Amico FE?

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

Here's an interesting question for @Tommy Tallarico.

Tommy, you have more data than us. With your current estimated plans, how many months will the phsical games have to wait "unused" for, let's say, the very first person who receives an Amico FE?

That’s not a question that can be answered in any meaningful way right now because this is not in Intellivision’s control it’s all about part shortages and shipping troubles none of which they have say Over.  Not to mention rising shipping and parts prices which they have to be very carful about since they can’t afford to lose money on their machines since they don’t have billons in the bank like other console companies 

• Like 5

Everyone should check this out.

Wow!

Really well done production (as always from PandaSub), but I really love the way he put this all together.

He will be doing a series of these. If you'd like to help, please simply subscribe to his channel so he knows that folks are interested in seeing more.

Thanks!

• Like 12