Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

On 10/12/2021 at 9:44 AM, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yes.  They will not have the Limited Collector's Edition markings as we did that to signify the first 50,000 units off the presses!

Once we're launched, you'll be able to get them individually from our website or certain retailers.

All good, my mate ordered two sets so I can give him the cash when I get it together :D

• Like 2

On 10/11/2021 at 6:40 PM, Cranker said:

Thanks ! I’ll look for the link. I checked on the site and could not find it . I did get a purple one from EB a while back ! The purple one is no longer listed on the EB site but I hope my order is still there ! Also

they have 12/31/2022 which I pray does not mean we are waiting until 2023 ! 

fantastic news that you can download the games without opening the boxes !! This is fantastic !!! 

I believe it's all under the GameStop name now:

https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/883736/intellivision-amico-purple-console-exclusive-to-gamestop-canada

https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/883739/intellivision-controller-purple-gamestop-exclusive

• Like 1

Has it been mentioned when you can purchase the Purple controllers in the USA?

I definitely want to pick up a pair when they become available. 👍

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

That purple does look good. Did you order a purple console as well as the F.E.?

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

You beat me to this question. I want purple controllers too. Seeing the Best Buy Canada site with the controllers for sale separate....when will this happen here?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Utopia said:

Yes,I did!

Tommy showed a group of  8 of us two versions of the purple shell at the Boomers event.

One was all purple,the other had silver sparkles in it. 

We voted on which one was better and each one got 4 votes.

So I have no idea what the final version will be.

I personally voted for purple with the silver sparkles in it.👍

• Like 6

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

Yes,I did!

Tommy showed a group of  8 of us two versions of the purple shell at the Boomers event.

One was all purple,the other had silver sparkles in it. 

We voted on which one was better and each one got 4 votes.

So I have no idea what the final version will be.

I personally voted for purple with the silver sparkles in it.👍

This reminded me of the time in a former job when we got new office chairs. They brought in 10 prototypes to try out, and everyone would ultimately get the same chair. There was no real consensus, as all but one prototype had about the same number of votes, and the one that didn't have the same number of votes, had zero. And that is the chair that we all ended up with. 🤣

Edited by squirrelgotdead
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 10/11/2021 at 9:00 PM, LinemanDoc said:

I ended up choosing one called ForwardVia and am just hoping it is legitimate at this point.

I checked them out and they look pretty legit.  I’m going to look into them a little deeper.  I’m not entirely sure if I am going to spend another $200 to get the Euro set, but if I do at least I know how to go about it now.  Thanks.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MASTER260 said:

Actual themed console using a family friendly IP kids still know about and not a Photoshop!

MFG10sW.jpg

Oh wow, haha. My 5 year old niece would spontaneously combust if she saw that.

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, Zee said:

I thought the reveal was cool.  I especially like how the card looks like the original Intellivision game cartridges, it actually fooled me when the box was opened I thought it had an actual cartridge inside.  That being said, I'm not  a collector so I didn't order. I'm just patiently waiting for the console to ship so I start playing some games.  Really encouraging though that the boxes are being shipped out, gives me hope that the system isn't far behind

I agree, and speaking of physical vs digital, i totally understand that many people have a great nostalgic feeling towards having physical cartridges/media, but for myself, not being either a retro gamer nor a collector, there is only benefits with these “hybrid” versions of game distribution, since you have the game safely stored in the console, but at any point in time it can be easily transferred to another console or owner. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Utopia said:
13 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Gotta say. Seeing the consoles/controllers up close..  While I like my Graphite Black..  The Galaxy Purple makes me want to "justify" a 2nd Amico in the house. Especially since my son likes the color so much.  

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Maybe there can be limited collector's editions for the re-imagined Atari games.  That would be cool.  Also, there could be limited editions on the digital games from the Amico game shop.

Agreed!!!  I'd love to see them color match the Atari 2600 box. Eventually when Activision comes on board

4 hours ago, Beatley82 said:
5 hours ago, MASTER260 said:

MFG10sW.jpg

Oh wow, haha. My 5 year old niece would spontaneously combust if she saw that.

my 10 year old.. Who am I kidding? I love this one..

SpongeBob And TMNT Adorn The Latest Custom Xbox Series X Consoles - Game  Informer

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, woobman said:

Agreed!!!  I'd love to see them color match the Atari 2600 box. Eventually when Activision comes on board

SpongeBob And TMNT Adorn The Latest Custom Xbox Series X Consoles - Game  Informer

Oh yeah, me too! Leonardo as well....clearly the best turtle 🙂

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MASTER260 said:

Actual themed console using a family friendly IP kids still know about and not a Photoshop!

MFG10sW.jpg

Pretty cool! It's just a shame that it's limited to a single (or so) contest prize.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
Everyone should check this out.

Wow!

Really well done production (as always from PandaSub), but I really love the way he put this all together.

He will be doing a series of these. If you'd like to help, please simply subscribe to his channel so he knows that folks are interested in seeing more.

Thanks!

You should hire that guy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beatley82 said:

Oh yeah, me too! Leonardo as well....clearly the best turtle 🙂

Great think minds alike!!!

• Like 1

Okee dokey. So, I ordered these boxed products despite my criticisms. Anyone know how long to expect before they ship and then arrive. Can we expect immediate shipment since they are already made? Danke. I realize I probably don’t sound like a critic because I only repeat myself maybe six times a year instead of 500. 😏

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Swami said:

Okee dokey. So, I ordered these boxed products despite my criticisms. Anyone know how long to expect before they ship and then arrive. Can we expect immediate shipment since they are already made? Danke. 

My understanding (believe I saw it somewhere) was they’re supposed to ship within 10 days of order. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MASTER260 said:

MFG10sW.jpg

Blows. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, woobman said:

Awesome. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swami said:

Okee dokey. So, I ordered these boxed products despite my criticisms. Anyone know how long to expect before they ship and then arrive. Can we expect immediate shipment since they are already made? Danke. I realize I probably don’t sound like a critic because I only repeat myself maybe six times a year instead of 500. 😏

If I remember right they said it would be shipped in 7-10 days from order

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Because of the shipping situation in the US, I'm curious about two things...

First, do consoles for the Canadian market will ship from China to the US and then to Canada or will they ship from China directly to the port of Vancouver? Second, if the situation gets worse and all ports get completely jammed, could we have the choice to pay more for shipping and have the console delivered by plane?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Papy said:

Because of the shipping situation in the US, I'm curious about two things...

First, do consoles for the Canadian market will ship from China to the US and then to Canada or will they ship from China directly to the port of Vancouver? Second, if the situation gets worse and all ports get completely jammed, could we have the choice to pay more for shipping and have the console delivered by plane?

Hoping this helps things a bit. 

https://apple.news/ANhmr2YJsS8a2FgVTlVQh4Q

Frankly, I’m surprised they were not already working 24/7. 

I’m must be missing something though with all this. I’ve heard that manufacturing has been at pre-pandemic levels for quite a while now and the issue is increased demand, but with empty car lots (and sales that match), sluggish PS and Xbox deliveries and empty shelves almost every where I go, it seems like there is some part of the supply equation I’m missing. With the thousands of chips in every car and the drastic reduction in their manufacturing, seems like that bandwidth could be utilized in other areas, yet it seems like very little is being delivered in any great quantities, anywhere, for anything. Anyone know what it is I’m missing?  It can’t all be that all the slack items are sitting in the Pacific waiting to get to shore.

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 4