Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

3 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Hoping this helps things a bit. 

https://apple.news/ANhmr2YJsS8a2FgVTlVQh4Q

Frankly, I’m surprised they were not already working 24/7. 

I’m must be missing something though with all this. I’ve heard that manufacturing has been at pre-pandemic levels for quite a while now and the issue is increased demand, but with empty car lots (and sales that match), sluggish PS and Xbox deliveries and empty shelves almost every where I go, it seems like there is some part of the supply equation I’m missing. With the thousands of chips in every car and the drastic reduction in their manufacturing, seems like that bandwidth could be utilized in other areas, yet it seems like very little is being delivered in any great quantities, anywhere, for anything. Anyone know what it is I’m missing?  It can’t all be that all the slack items are sitting in the Pacific waiting to get to shore.

Ask and ye shall receive- https://apple.news/A0QitnCFCTQi4yxnnm2bT1A

Which if true, I’ll take one Amico please 😁

Think the world needs to employ AI to best shorten this disruption; and hopefully it has a thing for Amico and affords it some priority 😁😁

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Ask and ye shall receive- https://apple.news/A0QitnCFCTQi4yxnnm2bT1A

Which if true, I’ll take one Amico please 😁

Think the world needs to employ AI to best shorten this disruption; and hopefully it has a thing for Amico and affords it some priority 😁😁

I hear SkyNet can help.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Yes, the AI will take over.

3 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

I hear SkyNet can help.

Or Master Control Program.  

Adventurelandia — adventurelandia: Tron (1982)

• Like 6

5 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

I hear SkyNet can help.

This is SpaceX's server room, you know, the people who are building & deploying the Starlink world wide satellite communication system. Be careful of what you ask for. 🤣

Bo20AwoIcAAQSKs.thumb.jpg.3ae4c2abc13424de2e16db04b0e706d1.jpg

AqycnaOCIAEuM9l.thumb.jpg.d75f4e91cb23781a23a4c2073abfd8b5.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

@Tommy Tallarico now that we understand how the tradability works with the RFID cards I believe there is one area that may be a problem.

Scenario - I purchase a boxed edition, tap to install and sell it to someone. That person taps to install and enters the numeric code to knock the original owner off - that's all good.

But what if the original owner clones the RFID card and writes down numeric code before selling it? That would allow them to essentially grab the game back at anytime. RFID clone devices are just $20 and a 10 pack of RFID cards are just $15. You could even use an Android phone to scan an RFID, store it and broadcast it at anytime to the system.

I believe RFID hasn't been used by any other platform because of this issue. This solution would only work if the RFID card was a one-time use only and couldn't be sold or traded to other people.

• Like 3

Quick question about the physical titles, and sorry if this has been mentioned before.

As the games themselves won't be able to be downloaded for a while, would it be possible to differentiate them from the digital product that will be available in the shop.

Primary if the games had a simple splash screen which says "collectors edition" at the title screen stage, this would make the boxed titles even more desirable.

This could be an ongoing thing for every physical release as it would be nice to reward the consumer with something that is special about the game itself. 

Just a thought...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jacob Livingston said:

@Tommy Tallarico now that we understand how the tradability works with the RFID cards I believe there is one area that may be a problem.

Scenario - I purchase a boxed edition, tap to install and sell it to someone. That person taps to install and enters the numeric code to knock the original owner off - that's all good.

But what if the original owner clones the RFID card and writes down numeric code before selling it? That would allow them to essentially grab the game back at anytime. RFID clone devices are just $20 and a 10 pack of RFID cards are just $15. You could even use an Android phone to scan an RFID, store it and broadcast it at anytime to the system.

I believe RFID hasn't been used by any other platform because of this issue. This solution would only work if the RFID card was a one-time use only and couldn't be sold or traded to other people.

That's what I've been saying all along!

• Like 1

Doesn’t appear to currently be in stock (like everything else), but thought this was pretty cool.

https://www.dudeiwantthat.com/entertainment/retro-blu-raydvd-drive-in-apple-disk-ii-case.asp 

Maybe IE could partner with someone down the road and make a usb cabled intellivoice looking cart reader and (re)release Amico games (including originals) on updated ROM’s some day. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jacob Livingston said:

True… but, your forgetting that IE manages the tokens on their end. Should you unfortunately be a victim of this, I’d assume you would contact IE customer service and attest that the game swapping is not legit. There are at least 2 resolutions IE could take.  1) You mail in the physical card and they send you a replacement and permanently disable the original. 2) The Amico involved with the hijacking of the game displays a little message to the console owner at next internet connection warning them that if the reported theft continues, their account will be suspended for 10 days on 1st offense, etc.  Think option 2 would require this being covered in the Terms and Agreement that I assume will be included when logging in for the first time. 

This all assumes IE does not already have other mitigating measures in place, which I’m sure they’ve already considered.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jetsream1969 said:

Quick question about the physical titles, and sorry if this has been mentioned before.

As the games themselves won't be able to be downloaded for a while, would it be possible to differentiate them from the digital product that will be available in the shop.

Primary if the games had a simple splash screen which says "collectors edition" at the title screen stage, this would make the boxed titles even more desirable.

This could be an ongoing thing for every physical release as it would be nice to reward the consumer with something that is special about the game itself. 

Just a thought...

Awesome idea!  Brings additional value and rewards to those supporting physical media with (I’d imagine) very little cost to IE (I could be wrong).  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

True… but, your forgetting that IE manages the tokens on their end. Should you unfortunately be a victim of this, I’d assume you would contact IE customer service and attest that the game swapping is not legit. There are at least 2 resolutions IE could take.  1) You mail in the physical card and they send you a replacement and permanently disable the original. 2) The Amico involved with the hijacking of the game displays a little message to the console owner at next internet connection warning them that if the reported theft continues, their account will be suspended for 10 days on 1st offense, etc.  Think option 2 would require this being covered in the Terms and Agreement that I assume will be included when logging in for the first time. 

This all assumes IE does not already have other mitigating measures in place, which I’m sure they’ve already considered.  

Mailing in the physical card for a replacement would be the only way to prove which side of the transaction you're on. That opens up a massive customer and user support hassle. Can you imagine this working at scale? I'd like to hear an official response on how this would be handled. For end users not really understanding the inner details the experience of having a purchased game stolen back from you requiring you to mail your RFID card to Intellivision and wait for a new one to arrive would be crazy. Also, the low prices of the games are not high enough to budget this level of manual support. You'd be selling games as a loss if any support is needed at this level.

10 minutes ago, Jacob Livingston said:

Mailing in the physical card for a replacement would be the only way to prove which side of the transaction you're on. That opens up a massive customer and user support hassle.

Do you really think many people will buy an RFID reader and RFID cards in order to play a game that cost $10?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Papy said:

Do you really think many people will buy an RFID reader and RFID cards in order to play a game that cost $10?

I see how someone would buy a reader, and a $15 - $20 programmable card so they can save money on the $10 game!

These are the same geniuses they say shit like "I was on welfare and food stamps, and no one ever helped me."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PeterPepper said:

Got my shipping notification today for my bundle 👍

What was your order number?

• Like 2

I don't really know about this RFID stuff but I do know Card Access Systems. If each card has a unique serial number, then when the card is used on a second machine Intellivision will know. If it's used a third time, they should be able to stop it from being installed on any further system. So while it may be possible to copy the data, using it more than twice with their servers should draw some flags. And if several flags came from the same Amico, they should see that too. I sure wouldn't risk my Amico trying to find ways to copy $10 games.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Awesome idea!  Brings additional value and rewards to those supporting physical media with (I’d imagine) very little cost to IE (I could be wrong).  

Yeah I think so. Really makes it stand out and takes away the criticism that it's just a box  or a code 

8 hours ago, Jacob Livingston said:

If you bought some of these Rfid games, contact customer support and ask.

1 hour ago, LinemanDoc said:

I got my tacking number notification today too.  Order #1050

I got mine for #1068.

Let's see how fast the # increases here!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I got mine for #1068.

Let's see how fast the # increases here!

I'm glad you got yours.  My number was higher.  So, I'll probably get mine next week or the week after.

• Like 2

I assume you guys who have had there order confirmation are in the USA, as I’m in the UK and my order is #1020 and haven’t seen anything yet. 😔

• Sad 1