Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

35 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Same.  It kinda looked like an Amico.

Kinda?  Only posted cause it looked like they could have shared the same molds 😁

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

That's great!

So I shared the good news with my wife and she got annoyed, says to keep from poking around as these are Christmas gifts.  

Says she wont let me even look at them until X-mas, let alone getting to open any of them 😞.  

Might have to head up to Wolfy’s house on the sly if I’m going to get a peek of these before then. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Jacob Livingston said:

The date on this video is from today but it looks older - are the prices changing?

You obviously know that video is a bunch of clips from other videos.  Those videos are from 2019 before pandemic related issues hit businesses.  What makes you think the prices are changing now?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jacob Livingston said:

The date on this video is from today but it looks older - are the prices changing?

Recognize these from way back, before covid. Covid (and Capacitive screens and other design maturation) has brought new realities…  Don’t think some people appreciate that fact and/or conveniently avoid this when they make their hit content. 

When IE set their price for preorders/retail, they had already established the costs of components (via their BOM) and their manufacturing, shipping, distribution, etc. costs, after which they started taking pre-orders and retail orders; then Covid hit jacking up all of those costs and they are now boxed between their established pricing and unexpected higher costs.  This is not IE’s fault, it just happened to be bad timing (not that there is ever a good time for a global pandemic).  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jacob Livingston said:

Without even watching the video I can say no this is old footage that has already been covered as a quick recap. When originally announced October 2018 reveal trailer listed the price for the system they were shooting for between $149-179 however once they got feedback from focus groups and looking at possible upgrades to make the machine higher quality. So the price went up to $249 for the system two controllers and 6 games as the focus groups wanted to be able to plug it up and play without having to buy more things.

6 games say $55.00 since one is the Farkle $70 per controller $195 $55 for the system which has been the announced price since it went up for preorder originally and won’t be changing 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

Kinda?  Only posted cause it looked like they shared the same molds 😁

Well they do look very similar.  Maybe kinda wasn't the right word to use.  Lol.  It would be neat if they did share the molds.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Well they do look very similar.  Maybe kinda wasn't the right word to use.  Lol.  It would be neat if they did share the molds.

With manufacturing in China, you never know.  

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-apple-fake/fake-apple-store-in-china-even-fools-staff-idUSTRE76K1SU20110721

2 shift assembly operations for Apple, 3rd shift for those pretending to be Apple. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Jacob Livingston said:

Too funny - now we just need an Amico with light gun support with this method of opening it 😆. Then we really have something that matches the Michael Bay trailer music for a reveal. Watch the Gun Box video with the Amico trailer music - you'll see :)

according to some people... There is noting inside as it's vaporware..  Loads of space..   AR-15.. A few Glocks... My HK USP... 357. Bazooka...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

As much as I want the Amico to succeed, I wasn't comfortable with having to put any money down before the console was available.  The same thing goes for the games.  Buying games with no console, even though a less expensive option made even less sense to me.  I'm not a collector, just someone who enjoys playing simple video games that are enjoyable (i.e. Asteroids, Space Invaders, Galaga, Galaxian, Defender, etc).  When the console finally gets released, I'll order one the first day they are out.  Until then, I'll continue to enjoy playing my Intellivision...

I can respect that. Not everyone can toss around 250 + 150 for the bundles. Giving the retailers the business does help out though, as it makes them stock more product. Especially if they sell through..  Speaking of Selling through.. I just got an email saying that they have almost sold through their stock !!! Wooo hooo!!!  

Here is a snip:

image.thumb.png.e9d9d4e0de8bd52c8118f32e8915fb5e.png

• Like 9

I got my shipment notification on my phone. The best text I've received all day. It hasn't shipped yet, but it's a good start.  Order #1296

• Like 6

Me to...  I think I am the #1392 is the highest on here?  Did see #1390.

I got the biggest numba,  it's Uuuuge

• Like 7

1 minute ago, 1980gamer said:

Me to...  I think I am the #1392 is the highest on here?  Did see #1390.

I got the biggest numba,  it's Uuuuge

Mine was 1390.  You might be the highest one on here.  

• Like 2

I guess people on here snagged them early.  As they are getting close to selling out,  that #1392 must be pretty low in the grand scheme.

Or maybe some of the "never buyers" have the higher numbers and don't want to tell us!  :rolling:

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

I guess people on here snagged them early.  As they are getting close to selling out,  that #1392 must be pretty low in the grand scheme.

Or maybe some of the "never buyers" have the higher numbers and don't want to tell us!  :rolling:

25 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Mine was 1390.  You might be the highest one on here.  

Just got my notification!!! 1601 Wooo hooo!!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, woobman said:

Got me beat...#1521

Who's got the lowest?  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

So I shared the good news with my wife and she got annoyed, says to keep from poking around as these are Christmas gifts.  

Says she wont let me even look at them until X-mas, let alone getting to open any of them 😞.  

Might have to head up to Wolfy’s house on the sly if I’m going to get a peek of these before then. 

Hey,if that's what you need to do,come on over!

You may like my overall video game setup as well.😃

Not sure if I am going to open them all or not yet.🤔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, woobman said:

I have another order in at #1801,that should be soon at this pace!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

That's awesome.  And now you're the highest.

I put in a second order to go with my second Amico for my In-Law's, so they'd have more games to play on day one without having to buy anything too, and to support Tommy, and the Gang's hard work!

I got #1995 this time!  🙂

B

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Alpha82 said:

Without even watching the video I can say no this is old footage that has already been covered as a quick recap. When originally announced October 2018 reveal trailer listed the price for the system they were shooting for between $149-179 however once they got feedback from focus groups and looking at possible upgrades to make the machine higher quality. So the price went up to $249 for the system two controllers and 6 games as the focus groups wanted to be able to plug it up and play without having to buy more things.

6 games say $55.00 since one is the Farkle $70 per controller $195 $55 for the system which has been the announced price since it went up for preorder originally and won’t be changing 

Guess this means open season when the console launches and we can play back all their nonsense 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

As much as I want the Amico to succeed, I wasn't comfortable with having to put any money down before the console was available.  The same thing goes for the games.  Buying games with no console, even though a less expensive option made even less sense to me.  I'm not a collector, just someone who enjoys playing simple video games that are enjoyable (i.e. Asteroids, Space Invaders, Galaga, Galaxian, Defender, etc).  When the console finally gets released, I'll order one the first day they are out.  Until then, I'll continue to enjoy playing my Intellivision...

Frankly, I'm not 100% sure if I'll pre-order any games, either. Thankfully, the later retail editions are supposed to be pretty much identical, so I'm not worried about losing out if I save my money for more important things.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, woobman said:

I can respect that. Not everyone can toss around 250 + 150 for the bundles. Giving the retailers the business does help out though, as it makes them stock more product. Especially if they sell through..  Speaking of Selling through.. I just got an email saying that they have almost sold through their stock !!! Wooo hooo!!!  

Here is a snip:

image.thumb.png.e9d9d4e0de8bd52c8118f32e8915fb5e.png

This is so unlikely. This is like home shopping network tactics. Not cool Tommy.

• Confused 3

8 minutes ago, ashtonm said:

This is so unlikely. This is like home shopping network tactics. Not cool Tommy.

So you think giving the people who have been following the project from the beginning what they have been asking for as well as proving to investors there is a market for the product by selling out of 40,000 units in 5 days or so is somehow a bad thing?  Most people would find that to be a plus for a company starting up 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, ashtonm said:

There are ten's of thousands of people who would disagree. What is not cool is coming to our fun thread and trying to pee in the punch bowl. Bush league tactics.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1