Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

19 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Per mesi ci sono persone che chiedono (e in alcuni casi chiedono) di inviare un Amico a una rivista o a un recensore di siti Web completamente imparziale che nessuno in Intellivision conosce, ecc.

Ecco la prima recensione pratica completa da una tale pubblicazione.

Eurogamer è uno dei più grandi in Europa per i giochi.

Questo è stato pubblicato in tedesco per ora, quindi ti do il link di Google alla traduzione inglese.

https://www-eurogamer-de.translate.goog/articles/intellivision-amico-wir-haben-die-nicht-ganz-so-klassische-gaming-konsole-exklusiv-ausprobiet?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en- US&_x_tr_pto=nui

Inoltre è interessante notare che c'erano 2 persone che l'hanno recensito... ed erano entrambe giovani donne.

Il titolo del titolo recita:

Chiunque manchi la Wii farà amicizia con l'Amico.

Lo prenderemo!

1548251588_EurogamerDEreview.thumb.jpg.e0f3d9cb3fcfbc3e9083fc4eaa29915d.jpg

Fatemi sapere cosa ne pensate della recensione e quali sono state le vostre parti o citazioni preferite.

Grazie!

❤️

I liked the Eurogamer review, I found the explanation of the controller movements (rotate or press) interesting, I think it can help those who have never used the original Intellivision controller.  Anyway, I can't wait to test it personally, I think I'll have a nice feeling.

• Like 4

Just recieved notice that order #1801 is being shipped or processed. 

As for whether all the inventory of all the collectors edition has or has not sold out is of no concern at all to me. Who cares?

All I need to know is that the product I ordered is on its way.Awesome!!!👍😃

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, Jacob Livingston said:

For anyone trying this method to get the available counts remaining, Intellivision has since fixed this exposing boo-boo and disabled the inventory count. Surely after seeing that the low sales were being reported for the first 3 days.

I have another hypothesis. The store artificially separated the bundles into 2500 8-game bundles and two 2500 4-games. As the bundles are not pre-made and pretty much everyone was buying 8-game bundle, this artificial limitation became a problem and Intellivision told the store to fix this problem.

Of course, people who want to believe everything with the Amico is bad will continue to imagine scenarios that fit their narrative.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jacob Livingston said:

Since we got a #fomo marketing email blast this Friday telling us that they are almost all gone (which isn't realistic given the real numbers that were available), I would expect by the end of next week we'll get another stating that they're sold out to continue the narrative.

Oh, did you just box them in so you can continue to gripe after they announce the bundles are gone? Are you a wizard with your chess level plays?

Seriously, not that clever, same continuous boorish crap. How am I supposed to stay entertained when the game is so stale?

I am now going away to make a list of every move Intellivision does with which I do not 100% agree. The minutiae of the Amico should be challenged over and over on a “fun” thread, because those people just don’t get it that they should be unhappy. Once they don’t accept my perfect ways, I will let them know they are not liked because they don’t accept all facts as fully constructive criticism. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ashtonm said:

That's an interesting review. One thing I think maybe a blessing and a curse is the games being described as "too simple" games. I think these games could have some depth. Even though we haven't seen a ton of those yet, I don't think every game or the system is going to be extremely simple (like a generic pool game). But I think there may be some perception the games are too simple.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like some of the games will have some depth. And instead of being labeled as extremely simple games. I rather have the perception that it is arcade style games.

I guess it depends on the community that is looking at it. For the super old or super young community, extreme simplicity is good.

but for the retro community I'd want to give off a vibe of bringing back arcade style hits which have some depth, more depth then the original ones.

A fine line to walk I guess. But I think it would do better if it was more focused on arcade style and party games.

Hmm, so from the very beginning we have heard how the games are designed to be easy for anyone to pickup and play.

With the games designed to be harder for players that are better at said game.

So, maybe this is working as designed and they have not increased enough skill level to get to the harder game play yet?

To me, this is a super positive.  Take the new to gaming or reintroduced to gaming anxiety away.

I think my Dad would have loved the Amico.  He played a handful of video games in his life.  But enjoyed the ones he played.

Intellivision Bowling was certainly his favorite game.

Wii Bowling was next.

And to throw you all a curve.  Cool Boarders 3 for the PS was next.

He had all 3 console hooked up until his passing.  He liked a few others.  But if I stopped by and he was playing a game, it was always one of these.

When I was younger, he would watch my brother and I play MLB for hours.  He was not very good at it,  but thought is was a great game.

I would have thought Bowling was a harder game, but it was something he could take his time to enter his settings and have fun playing.

I remember his settings well.  Left Handed, 16LB, 3 slickness.   After he got 300's consistently, he would change slickness.  But liked 0 slickness at the end.

Anyway, if this opens the door for older and younger people to play and have fun....  Wow, Mission Accomplished! 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

At this point I think this is clearly something related to mental health. Some people are more likely to beleive theories that imply that everything is a conspiracy against them.

The official recommendation from mental health professionals is to ignore these people, because replying to them makes their paranoias even worse once they include you among the "evil enemies" (as seen in Atari Age recently: Amico haters believe they're the only ones entitled to lie/troll/call you a "shill", but when they are confronted, they start complaining and acting like the reaction was actually the cause).

The whole "the stock listed in a third party website must be more accurate than the official statements of the company, even if they correct it 24 hours later" reminds me of when certain folQs were accusing governments around the world of lying about Covid daily data because a couple of tweets had typos (that were later corrected).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Eurogamer is one of the biggest in Europe for gaming.

This was published in German for now, so I'm giving you all the Google link to the English translation.

https://www-eurogamer-de.translate.goog/articles/intellivision-amico-wir-haben-die-nicht-ganz-so-klassische-gaming-konsole-exklusiv-ausprobiert?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=nui

Also cool to note that there were 2 people who reviewed it... and they were both young women.

What I like with this review is they said the Amico is an extension of their board game collection. This is exactly what I wanted to hear.

To people who don't play board games and who don't understand how the board game renaissance changed family life this might seem weird, but to me it means Intellivision won its bet! It means to me the Amico is indeed a console for families. The Amico may be a flop among the hardcore gamer demographic or the AtariAge demographic, but based on this review, it might be a big success among the family demographic.

BTW, one thing I said way back is that stores like Renaud-Bray or Archambault in Québec, or stores like Barnes & Noble in the US would be very good locations for Amico. Seeing two young women describing the Amico as an extension of their board game collection makes me think this is still true.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, ashtonm said:

I don't know why I follow this system so much. I think it's because I really want reimagined Imagic games.

A lot of people were talking about how they finally cancelled after the 3rd delay. And it's fine and I totally get it. I cancelled after the first delay. Many people are in a wait and see mode like I am. I'm hopeful it comes out and is good. But there isn't really a need to pre-order at this point unless you have a founders. That would be worth keeping and holding onto.

Before the third delay, I didn't hear many people cancelling, but certainly many were not happy with the delays.

So, when FE went up, I was on the fence.  I didn't love the early pictures of the wood grain.

I ended up getting the black.

Anyway, since then I have seen the wood grain as it is now and want it!

So, when I saw people cancelling...  I contacted Amico and asked if I could buy one of these canceled orders.

I was told, I can add you to the waiting list. But it was unlikely one would become available based on the current waiting list.  :(

So, maybe people are cancelling,  But I still haven't been able to get a wood grain.  :(

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

So, when FE went up, I was on the fence.  I didn't love the early pictures of the wood grain.

So, when I saw people cancelling...  I contacted Amico and asked if I could buy one of these canceled orders.

I was told, I can add you to the waiting list. But it was unlikely one would become available based on the current waiting list.  :(

So, maybe people are cancelling,  But I still haven't been able to get a wood grain.  :(

Wood grain is what I pre-ordered. Maybe the old school folks cancel less. Then again since it's not in production yet I don't understand why they would limit a color.  Just tack another wood grain on. Now I can understand on founders edition. 

The Red GTO?? Is sweet also.  But I don't see that one listed.

But I need to sell some coleco stuff I have, to pay for Amico stuff.  And ROOM.   SOB, I was thinking digital, no extra room required.  Now I have 8 games on the way.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

Germany... the Middle East... you'd think at this stage of the game, you could secure a review that didn't need to be passed through Google Translate.  I am honestly unsure how that should be interpreted.  It's possible mainstream US/Canadian outlets are uninterested in the Amico... but that to me seems

doubtful.  It's too big of a story right now.  Another possibility is that Intellivision is simply not making review units available to them.  Why would that be?

Germany and the EU are not exactly a little market in global console gaming.

According to Statista, Germany alone had 684 million Euros in console sales in 2020. The EU as a collective had 13.9 billion Euros.

The US in comparison had 7.8 billion USD (or 6.7 billion Euro roughly) in console sales in 2020.

If I were a global corporation looking to promote a product with potential consumers and knew these sales statistics, I would likely be promoting a lot more in the EU as well.

Edited by Tavi
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

Yes that is my fallback, but I was hoping for an FE.  Maybe get it sooner.

Oh I see. Yeah, seems like those will be hard to come by even with the delays and issues. I would have kept that if I had gotten one.

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

For months there have people asking (and in some cases demanding) that we send an Amico to a completely unbiased magazine or website reviewer that no one at Intellivision knows, etc.

Here is the first complete hands-on review from such a publication.

Did you send units to more publications, or just that one?  Curious to know it we should expect more reviews to pop up soon (soon = today, tomorrow, next week)

If that was the only one you sent, why them?   Are you expecting it to be more well received in Europe than other parts of the world?  Or why would they be a better fit for review units over something like Game Informer or.. er... I just realized I have no idea what other gaming magazines are still popular  😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ashtonm said:

That's an interesting review. One thing I think maybe a blessing and a curse is the games being described as "too simple" games. I think these games could have some depth. Even though we haven't seen a ton of those yet, I don't think every game or the system is going to be extremely simple (like a generic pool game). But I think there may be some perception the games are too simple.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like some of the games will have some depth. And instead of being labeled as extremely simple games. I rather have the perception that it is arcade style games.

I guess it depends on the community that is looking at it. For the super old or super young community, extreme simplicity is good.

but for the retro community I'd want to give off a vibe of bringing back arcade style hits which have some depth, more depth then the original ones.

A fine line to walk I guess. But I think it would do better if it was more focused on arcade style and party games.

Depends what you mean by depth.  Is it an endless number of stages that takes days to go through.  Or games that are fun and challenging every time you play.  There are people that have been playing golden age arcade games for forty years.  I'm not saying that style of arcade game is the right formula for replayability but people have different ideas about depth in games.

14 minutes ago, ashtonm said:

Oh I see. Yeah, seems like those will be hard to come by even with the delays and issues. I would have kept that if I had gotten one.

The founders bundle is a really good deal.  But the main thing is that they're first in line.  At the time they went up for order that only meant days but now with a possible soft launch that could be months or longer to get an Amico after the first customers.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, ashtonm said:

The above is why people have been turned off by the Amico community and the Intellivision folks. Everyone gets jumped on when they provide even a little criticism.

Criticism?  You did call Tommy a liar, right?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

Criticism?  You did call Tommy a liar, right?

That is my opinion on this situation.  But normal questions or criticism are often jumped on unfairly.  Not just mine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Papy said:

wouldn't be surprised if there are already more than 30,000 pre-ordered console.

Last year it was indicated there were 10,000 pre-orders and over 100,000 purchase orders. The Fundable page from this year indicates 6,000+ pre-orders. These are the numbers direct from Intellivision, beyond that is all speculation. 

There is currently no fresh alternative to the Wii or the traditional board game box that brings friends together on the sofa to compete or unites the entire family in front of the TV. For such a target group, the Amico seems to be the right filler in terms of market technology.

THIS, absolutely this from the article. Perfect explanation of who this console is for.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

Just a heads up you can order the Woodgrain color on the Intellivision website the waiting list is for founders edition which come with many extras but if you want a Woodgrain that can be ordered separately from founders on the Intellivision site 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ashtonm said:

Everything is "your a troll" with you Swami. It's a bad look.

It's not just my opinion. They obviously started at 1000 with their counter. The highest I saw on here was 1995. I just don't believe they are close to selling out...unless Mr. Me is correct that they didn't make many of a single title. But if that does turn out to be the case, then they will need to switch to single or different bundles.

You really need to get out more. 

judge not lest ye be judged

You should take your own advise there. It is an opinion, even if it is shared by a small hater herd. Being a troll and an *ss is a bad look for you and your herd. Back to the Grinch threads with you.

4 minutes ago, Alpha82 said:

Just a heads up you can order the Woodgrain color on the Intellivision website the waiting list is for founders edition which come with many extras but if you want a Woodgrain that can be ordered separately from founders on the Intellivision site 

Yes, that may be my only option.  But still holding out hope!  LOL  I do have the Black version with the bonus stuff.  Gift Card etc.  But I should have gotten the FE.

But the early images were not nearly as nice as it is now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ashtonm said:

That's what excites me about Night Stalker. It's been a long time but I remember the developer talking about having many different levels and unique storyline that unfolds as you progress, while still retaining the essence of the original single screen style game.

• Like 7