Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

1 minute ago, Swami said:

Well, you did find it funny when SMSPunk joked about the Amico being behind schedule, so ai thought you find this funny, too….maybe. 

Yes, I find you to be quite funny.  We are in agreement on more than you realize. 

Edited by Rev

21 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Do you like Legacy?  

I saw the original as a kid, and many, many times since, but I gotta say... I like Legacy quite a bit more.

I really loved Legacy.  The original holds a special place in my heart... so I probably couldn't say that I like Legacy more.

But that part at the end when Flynn is saying goodbye to Sam... gets me EVERY TIME!!  I have yet to watch that scene without tearing up and getting emotional.  And I've probably seen it about 20 times at this point.

42f783d749edc5742464ed6d0b7f684b97e4d270_hq.jpg.e72399691164ce10caea232140ae63a7.jpg

tron.jpg.cc9846059157c95c61e98c3ccc224f7e.jpg

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

Yes, I find you to be quite funny.  We are in agreement on more than you realize. 

I doubt that it’s more than I realize.  I am the all knowing Swami as Wolfy62 can attest. 

Serious question for you Tommy. 

Have you seen the Atari Recharged games such as Centipede and Black Widow?

Thoughts on them, and the GFX style.    

These two games are pushing me to the edge of getting the Atari VCS. 

Also, will Amico have any of these neon style GFX games in the future? 

This looks great!

Edited by Rev
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, LePionnier said:

Tommy, have you contacted "Microids" (They are French)? They could be a good fit for Amico.
They are working right now on Joe & Mac (They have the rights from Data east)

And soon they will have an Asterix and Obelix game. Everything is hand drawn !

It's PEGI 7 ! So for those who like brawl games, it's proof that something can be create for Amico that is not offending and that respect E10+ ! :)

We have not... but it looks amazing.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Swami said:

I doubt that it’s more than I realize.  I am the all knowing Swami as Wolfy62 can attest. 

Wolfy was asking for you in the other Fun thread. 

2 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

State of the Amico subforums, October 2021:

- Haters are now accusing the little girl who said "better than Roblox" of being "forced" to say that.

Hahaha!  Really? 

I guess they're really stretching at this point in hopes of trying to find negatives?

That's okay.  Sounds like we're interesting enough for folks to keep following so I'm sure they'll be the first in line to pick one up when it arrives.

❤️

A few people have told me that some of the "haters" have been bragging that they purchased the boxed editions so they can make fun of them.

Darn it!!  I wish they wouldn't have done that!!

😉😋😁😇

• Like 7

Its been a few days since I received my bundle and my kid is already trying to steal the coins 🤣 

Anyways after he looked at the boxes and the cards (which he also will probably try to swipe) he asked me where the Earthworm game was. I think he's seen the game videos only once or twice so I was surprised he even remembered them. 

Also I posted it on the box pics thread but really glad to see the color coding on the labels. My bundle of 4 included Brain Duel and I noticed the difference once I opened all the boxes. 

Now just waiting for the console. 

Edited by PeterPepper
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

4 minutes ago, PeterPepper said:

Its been a few days since I received by bundle and my kid is already trying to steal the coins 🤣 

Anyways after he looked at the boxes and the cards (which he also will probably try to swipe) he asked me where the Earthworm game was. I think he's seen the game videos only once or twice so I was surprised he even remembered them. 

Also I posted it on the box pics thread but really glad to see the color coding on the labels. My bundle of 4 included Brain Duel and I noticed the difference once I opened all the boxes. 

Now just waiting for the console. 

That’s why we should eventually have a display book (and/or case) for the coins, L cards and RFID cards. 😉

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Rev said:

Not really a question I feel comfortable answering knowing that whatever I say it would be used against me.

❤️

I will say this.  I personally like the Amico Missile Command better than the Recharged version.  Aside from the graphic style (which I concede is a personal preference for each individual) the Amico Missile Command is a much more in depth game with the ability to play up to 4 player co-op and versus modes.  Also, the ability to pick difficulties, have shields, smart bombs, tons of pick-ups and many more options and settings we are looking forward to sharing soon.  Of course being a huge fan of the Vectrex... I can totally understand why many folks would love the pseudo vector graphic look.  I think it's cool.

The Amico controller is more suited for Missile Command.  The touch screen is really amazing as a replacement for the trackball.  Trying to play Missile Command with an analog stick or joystick is a total nightmare.  I tried it on the Switch and the PS4 and disliked the controls on both.  And even on the mobile version... the fact that your fingers are blocking the playfield at all times gets a little cumbersome.

The developers of the Recharged games are clearly super talented, so not taking anything away from them at all.  Would love them to do some games for us at some point as well.

Again, just my personal thoughts (as I've played both for many many hours) and of course... I'm biased.

😇

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Swami said:

That’s why we should eventually have a display book (and/or case) for the coins, L cards and RFID cards. 😉

Yep!  Definitely something we have on the "drawing board" for a release at some point.

Need to have a lot more boxed editions come out though so that we can really customize the collector booklet.

So not something that we would be doing next year.  Maybe the year after.

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, Rev said:

This looks great!

Well, I’m not Tommy, although some of the “very mean tempered detractors with wild imaginations” have proposed it (and also that I am Relic Gamer), I didn’t care for centipede recharged. It was just unhappily different from the original. Black Widow Recharged does not seem to be out yet, but it looks like it is better. It could be very good as it looks similar to the original with a couple bonuses like the shield and web shooting. 

I think a QBert remake like that would be good where they make it similar but add some bonuses, like he was supposed to be able to shoot out of his nose(which is why it looks that way) but it made the game too easy. It could be good now if you catch a bouncing power-up ball and have that ability. Especially, since they aren’t going for quarter eater now. Maybe they could add another bonus, like you become a double QBert where you can move each one independently (inspired by double ball bonus in pinball). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Please abide by the rules layed out by Albert, the forum owner. 

Calling people “haters” all the time is not building unity in the Amico section.  

Please keep all that on your social media and not here. 

BDFA2615-E3F0-4BF6-BE1A-45B5990BE8FB.jpeg

Well, maybe when “they” stop thinking it’s okay to promote videos and spread rumors from people who want to bring down the company and see Tommy in jail (and waste Intellivision and the governments time and money on it) we can think about it. Instead, they tell me I should try to enjoy them. They think we’re too emotionally close? I think they are too emotionally sick. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swami said:

Well, that’s what I will probably do is leave them on, but, like I said, if it doesn’t bother you to not have them retail new, it could be an option. 

Buy two sets and have one of each 😃. Cmart…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Starpaddler said:

Buy two sets and have one of each 😃. Cmart…

I will probably have to do this to have one set sealed and one set to display coins/cards. Actually 3,  since I have one NA sealed, one Europe sealed and one for collectible display. That’s one nice thing about what’s included is that they are very display-ready. 

• Like 5

Just now, Swami said:

I will probably have to do this to have one set sealed and one set to display coins/cards. Actually 3,  since I have one NA sealed, one Europe sealed and one for collectible display. That’s one nice thing about what’s included is that they are very display-ready. 

I’m thinking of doing the same, keeping the SE’s sealed and buying the regular editions when they are later released.  Can’t see them til Christmas anyway 😭, so I’d probably be half way there by then.  Will be a good litmus test for my patience level. 

• Like 4

I just mentioned this in another thread, but I think Housemarque games would fit rather nicely on the Amcio (Outland, Resogun, Nex Machina, a brand new Amico exclusive....just sayin)

Now that they've gone AAA with Returnal, I'm not sure they would go back to their indie roots though....haha.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yeah!  The video has been a huge hit so far.  Glad everyone here enjoyed it. 

Will be starting to show some of our in depth gameplay videos soon!

Can't wait Sir!

Thanks to You and the Team for taking the time out, of what has got to be your insanely busy schedules right now, to make these deep dive videos to share with all of us "stalker" pals who have been along for the ride for so long, or those who may have recently just found this site!

Always happy to see anything Y'All are willing to share!

Take care there!

B

• Like 6

Two questions Tommy :

1) Will it be possible to buy Extra Controllers at Intellivision.com ?

2) Will it be possible to take our discount card (50$ with founder's edition and 25$ for VIP) to get extra controllers ?

Thank you Tommy.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Rev said:

This looks great!

I didn't think you need an Atari VCS to play these games, and Missile Command Recharged does support computer mice.  I have a couple issues with Missile Command Recharged:  no attack waves and each missile base can only have one missile in the air.  Because of this it doesn't feel like Missile Command.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 4