Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Well after the US Post Office claimed that only a label had been created but nothing received for 5 days, the tracking suddenly updated to it having arrived in the Dallas area only about 20 miles away (I guess it teleported). Then they shipped it 40 miles away to East Texas (supposedly) yesterday but somehow it finally shows up in my mailbox today. 🙄 I guess I should just be happy they managed to get it delivered.

Intellivision Amico boxed games = awesome

USPS = slow & confused

8A66B081-1A97-4181-B2ED-D368A09ACBE6.jpeg

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, GrudgeQ said:

Well after the US Post Office claimed that only a label had been created but nothing received for 5 days, the tracking suddenly updated to it having arrived in the Dallas area only about 20 miles away (I guess it teleported). Then they shipped it 40 miles away to East Texas (supposedly) yesterday but somehow it finally shows up in my mailbox today. 🙄 I guess I should just be happy they managed to get it delivered.

Intellivision Amico boxed games = awesome

USPS = slow & confused

8A66B081-1A97-4181-B2ED-D368A09ACBE6.jpeg

If only a certain someone didn't take over the post office!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well they have finally arrived, shame it doesn’t look like I can peel those age rating sticker’s off.

708AF487-9DD2-4D1C-BEE8-F27ACDC35E04.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

On the order page it only showed the PEGI rating, which if you look closely it is part of the box print, but with the USK sticker on top of it. Bit annoyed about that. 

• Like 2

I find some of the discussion about Intellivision selling the physical games before the console launches amusing. Some people just think it's absolutely absurd.

Here's how I see it:
Intellivision:  "Good news! The physical games are complete and now are just sitting in a warehouse in Utah!"
Intellivision Fans: "Great. Can we buy them now?"

Intellivision: "Yeah, I guess. It would help us cut down on overhead."
Intellivision Fans: "TAKE MY MONEY!"  <10 days later they have a collectors box, coin, and game card to hold in their hands>

Versus

Skeptic: "Can you believe these people are buying games that they can't even play yet? How stupid!"

Sony: "Preorder God of War 7 now for $80 and we'll throw in a digital loin cloth Kratos can wear!  It launches sometime next year... or maybe the year after."

Skeptic: "TAKE MY MONEY!!!!"

Also Skeptic:  "Intellivision fans are so stupid!"  <$80 later with nothing to show for it and a game he has no idea when he gets to play it>

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Silverbot said:

On the order page it only showed the PEGI rating, which if you look closely it is part of the box print, but with the USK sticker on top of it. Bit annoyed about that. 

There’s usually a way. I’ll think about it when mine arrive. Won’t peel them, but think over the half dozen typical methods. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Swami said:

There’s usually a way. I’ll think about it when mine arrive. Won’t peel them, but think over the half dozen typical methods. 

It would be great if you could work out away without damaging the box 👍😀

• Like 3

My European versions just arrived at my ForwardVia UK address.  Now I get to pay 40 Euros to have them ship it to the US.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, LinemanDoc said:

My European versions just arrived at my ForwardVia UK address.  Now I get to pay 40 Euros to have them ship it to the US.

Wow, that's quite costly. I fear I would have to pay at least as much for the North American pack to ship to Europe. I haven't ordered one yet... 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, N0mi said:

Wow, that's quite costly. I fear I would have to pay at least as much for the North American pack to ship to Europe. I haven't ordered one yet... 

It’s not insignificant. Usually because they require you to use express mail, so their delivery statistics look more favorable. On the plus side I get the packages from Europe or Asia in 3-4 days from when the forwarder receives them. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vongruetz said:

I find some of the discussion about Intellivision selling the physical games before the console launches amusing. Some people just think it's absolutely absurd.

Here's how I see it:
Intellivision:  "Good news! The physical games are complete and now are just sitting in a warehouse in Utah!"
Intellivision Fans: "Great. Can we buy them now?"

Intellivision: "Yeah, I guess. It would help us cut down on overhead."
Intellivision Fans: "TAKE MY MONEY!"  <10 days later they have a collectors box, coin, and game card to hold in their hands>

Versus

Skeptic: "Can you believe these people are buying games that they can't even play yet? How stupid!"

Sony: "Preorder God of War 7 now for $80 and we'll throw in a digital loin cloth Kratos can wear!  It launches sometime next year... or maybe the year after."

Skeptic: "TAKE MY MONEY!!!!"

Also Skeptic:  "Intellivision fans are so stupid!"  <$80 later with nothing to show for it and a game he has no idea when he gets to play it>

the main point from the skeptcs is that the Amico console is not even out yet, as if if they think its a scam and we will never get it.

It's still a dumb point....lol.

But yeah, this is such a non issue. I was happy to buy these and I really don't even pre-order anymore.....

Edited by Mik's Arcade
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, CurlyQ said:

intellivision-amico-dracula-II-dead-and-loving-it.thumb.png.a2fc0758ac5af60550f99c908e8640f4.png

I watched a YT video of Intellivision Dracula and the gameplay is impressive. I didn't expect that level of depth (turning people into zombies, morphing into a bat, etc.).  I can see why the Imagic games have devoted fans. 

• Like 6

Yo!  I decided to get in on all the "unboxing" fun myself and put out my own unboxing video which includes some exclusive stuff that I think a lot of you may be interested in hearing.

Thanks for watching!

❤️

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Barley Farquahr said:

Can't wait Sir!

Thanks to You and the Team for taking the time out, of what has got to be your insanely busy schedules right now, to make these deep dive videos to share with all of us "stalker" pals who have been along for the ride for so long, or those who may have recently just found this site!

Always happy to see anything Y'All are willing to share!

Take care there!

B

Thanks you for the kind words, support and encouragement.

❤️

• Like 7

17 hours ago, LePionnier said:

Two questions Tommy :

1) Will it be possible to buy Extra Controllers at Intellivision.com ?

Yes!  Absolutely.

17 hours ago, LePionnier said:

2) Will it be possible to take our discount card (50$ with founder's edition and 25$ for VIP) to get extra controllers ?

No.  Those are only for the digital Amico Game Shop.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Another Brain Duel factory error variant!  That now makes 3 that I know of.  Someone just left a comment on my unboxing video saying he got one as well.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

I like the Astrosmash overlaid on the TV in the thumbnail.  :)

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Another Brain Duel factory error variant!  That now makes 3 that I know of.  Someone just left a comment on my unboxing video saying he got one as well.

I don't know how many they make in a "lot", but I imagine a stack of the plastic holder got put in the machine upside down for a lot of 20 or something. I think that's what happened with the upside down airplane stamps and 97% of the people were like, that's weird and used them as postage and soon got tossed.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yes!  Absolutely.

W h e n? 

I thought I saw a glimpse of a purple controller at the Utah event and it made me wonder when we will be able to get extra controllers. Will they be available when consoles ship or later? 

• Like 6