Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

5 hours ago, Mik's Arcade said:

the main point from the skeptcs is that the Amico console is not even out yet, as if if they think its a scam and we will never get it.

It's still a dumb point....lol.

But yeah, this is such a non issue. I was happy to buy these and I really don't even pre-order anymore.....

Any reason will do. Sense or nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yo!  I decided to get in on all the "unboxing" fun myself and put out my own unboxing video which includes some exclusive stuff that I think a lot of you may be interested in hearing.

Thanks for watching!

❤️

OMG, I thought the BIPLANES font was intentional.  Denoting it as a retro-re-imagined Intellivision Game!

I also love the RFID card matching the Network Colors.  I am certainly hoping for Auto Racing!  I know you have a few racing games already...  But I loved that game and driving controls.

Adding spinning the disc like a steering wheel and tilting the controller would be nice for more modern gamer's   But I am 1980Gamer!  LOL

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yo!  I decided to get in on all the "unboxing" fun myself and put out my own unboxing video which includes some exclusive stuff that I think a lot of you may be interested in hearing.

Thanks for watching!

❤️

So my one burning question is... How much of that 5th element stuff was screen used?!?!? 

I like some of the small touches that you are doing. Between the differences between the Physical and Digital editions on the menu. To the differences even between the limited  vs Standard edition versions. Even seeing the digital version of the Coin and "Cart". Don't care what anyone says.. Still a Cart to me. :) The inner (and outer) geek in me thanks you! Looking forward to some of the "cool cool stuff" that sets the limited edition apart.  Again, the little things.

While I love my Switch and  PS4, Could you ever imagine Reggie in his basement showing off games? Kaz? Anyone from MS? OK back in the day Major Tom at MS, maybe..  But now? Nope. Thanks Tommy!

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Swami said:

It’s not insignificant. Usually because they require you to use express mail, so their delivery statistics look more favorable. On the plus side I get the packages from Europe or Asia in 3-4 days from when the forwarder receives them. 

I estimated a small, lightweight package like this would cost 20 to 25 Euros to ship from Europe to the USA. Their service of course needs to be paid so this seems quite reasonably. 

14 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Thanks for watching!

❤️

Thanks for doing this. I am glad you discussed the multiplayer aspect of Finnigan Fox. My son asked if we could play it together because it said 1-4 players and I guess I didn't realize that originally. 

Also, thanks for talking about the print features on the boxes...I love print and artwork and I really liked the way the matte and gloss features worked out. I will admit I spent time looking at the boxes in different light to see all the spot gloss on the text and on the front and back panels. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

OMG, I thought the BIPLANES font was intentional.  Denoting it as a retro-re-imagined Intellivision Game!

I also love the RFID card matching the Network Colors.  I am certainly hoping for Auto Racing!  I know you have a few racing games already...  But I loved that game and driving controls.

Adding spinning the disc like a steering wheel and tilting the controller would be nice for more modern gamer's   But I am 1980Gamer!  LOL

Auto Racing is coming 👍😀 I believe this is a very early picture of it.

B607AF58-62AF-4DC2-B736-9C0FA0E3B42E.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I particularly like these 2 paragraphs:

“Don’t feed the trolls” also ignores an obvious method for addressing online abuse: skilled moderation and the willingness to kick people off platforms for violating rules about abuse. At one website I used to write for, everyone constantly remarked that we had the most amazing, thoughtful commenters. How did we achieve this? Easy: a one-strike policy. Complete zero tolerance. Did people complain? Of course they did. But it stopped people with bad intentions from being a part of the community, and it kept all the well-meaning people on their best behavior. It wasn’t perfect, but it was good.

It also a took a ton of effort on the part of the entire writing team. We had to ignore the other popular sentiment of “don’t read the comments” (which is largely about trying to maintain sanity while staring at the void) and embrace a jaw-droppingly obvious fact: what truly derails any given thread or conversation lies not in a given response to trolls, but the very troll who is trying to derail in the first place. The second you treat them as a “constant” or inescapable part of your community, you have given them permission. You make them a missing stair. And the impact of doing so is only exacerbated when you scale up.

It sounds like the Amico section of Atari Age could use that approach.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Silverbot said:

Auto Racing is coming 👍😀 I believe this is a very early picture of it.

B607AF58-62AF-4DC2-B736-9C0FA0E3B42E.jpeg

I think it was said it was on the ice, and probably canceled ...   I think Nitro Derby was the replacement for this kind of games ! ( I am only 55 % sure of what I am saying ... ) 🤔😅
I am telling you anyway just so you can lower your expectation ... 😉

4 minutes ago, LePionnier said:

I think it was said it was on the ice, and probably canceled ...   I think Nitro Derby was the replacement for this kind of games ! ( I am only 55 % sure of what I am saying ... ) 🤔😅
I am telling you anyway just so you can lower your expectation ... 😉

Believed Tommy stated this pic is an early concept for the upcoming Auto Race, and is separate from Nitro Derby. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, IntelliMission said:

I particularly like these 2 paragraphs:

It sounds like the Amico section of Atari Age could use that approach.

Pretty much the only people griping about trolls being banned on comment sections and message boards are other trolls.

• Like 6

On 8/30/2021 at 10:30 AM, Tommy Tallarico said:

Correct.  This is our Auto Racing prototype.

Still around... just on hold for now while we focus all of our energy on the launch.

This is what was said about Auto Racing, less than two months ago.  So likely not among the first fifty games in development.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2021 at 4:36 PM, LinemanDoc said:

Now I get to pay 40 Euros to have them ship it to the US

What shipping option did you choose?  I am waiting for mine to arrive at ForwardVia.  I know they have a few options to choose from.

7 hours ago, N0mi said:

I estimated a small, lightweight package like this would cost 20 to 25 Euros to ship from Europe to the USA. Their service of course needs to be paid so this seems quite reasonably. 

3 minutes ago, Saldo said:

What shipping option did you choose?  I am waiting for mine to arrive at ForwardVia.  I know they have a few options to choose from.

They may have seamail options for half the cost, but I wouldn't recommend it. Lately, I've been seeing packages people get from over overseas that look like an elephant sat on them. I wouldn't risk that for a $170 package to save $20.

17 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

Happy Belated 🍰

star-wars-happy-birthday-carrie-fisher-intellivision-rebel.thumb.png.320ebc84e6654a962ba92b05482364ea.png

Looking at this picture, I can't stop thinking about how she auctioned off the right to remove her breast wrap to the crew. Carrie Fisher used gaffer's tape to hold down her breasts because George Lucas 'didn't want her looking too aggressively feminine'. Carrie Fisher joked about it saying: 'No breasts bounce in space, no jiggling in the Empire'. Lucky, lucky crew members.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

@CurlyQ Need your magic for this T-Shirt...

I don't always play video games, but when I do... It's Amico.

Going with the casual gamer thing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3VIJjdjbxw

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

@CurlyQ Need your magic for this T-Shirt...

I don't always play video games, but when I do... It's Amico.

Going with the casual gamer thing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3VIJjdjbxw

This was posted a few months ago featuring the one and only John Alvarado.

john-alvarado-the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-intellivision-amico.thumb.png.aad7a2a330f505c9bc81010fb6941957.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

May have missed this? 

When the Amico Magazine starts mailing every quarter, I hope they have a CurlyQ featured image!

No, I don't know of any such mag...  But I would sign up for it!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Hello Amico's

MAGAZINE

Featured Sections

Reader Feedback......Pg. 2

S.A.F.E. Software......Pg. 7

Mom's Mania............Pg. 12

CurlyQ's Corner........Pg. 27

Intellivision Life.........Pg. 34

Re-Imagined............Pg. 40

As Captain Picard would say....   Make it so!

• Like 10