Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

I think it would be a good idea to sell a calendar on the official Intellivision shop where the pictures could be the picture of the covers of the physical media.  I think they would sell well.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Swami said:

Pretty much the only people griping about trolls being banned on comment sections and message boards are other trolls.

Do you ever talk about Amico?  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Saldo said:

Wow those are some terrible scans!  Click on them to make them bigger and they are unreadable!

They look fine to me?  Must need the paid subscription...  J/K

Wow Rev, was trying to through you a bone.  Get you some crossover traffic. :)   Honestly, I thought they looked fine last time I had looked at them?

Oh, Got a better name for the Reader Feedback section.  How about.. 

Haters Gonna Hate?

View only if you are a Hater!   ( Muttley Laugh ) 

On 10/14/2021 at 7:50 PM, Jetsream1969 said:

Quick question about the physical titles, and sorry if this has been mentioned before.

As the games themselves won't be able to be downloaded for a while, would it be possible to differentiate them from the digital product that will be available in the shop.

Primary if the games had a simple splash screen which says "collectors edition" at the title screen stage, this would make the boxed titles even more desirable.

This could be an ongoing thing for every physical release as it would be nice to reward the consumer with something that is special about the game itself. 

Just a thought...

So Tommy .. no one asked you about how the software on the limited product could and should be differentiated from any other product ... and certainly not on your own forum 🤣🤣

Edited by Jetsream1969
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Saldo said:

What shipping option did you choose?  I am waiting for mine to arrive at ForwardVia.  I know they have a few options to choose from.

The receipt says Fedex International Connect Plus with Premium Insurance and tracking.  The shipping was 31 Euros and insurance was 9.  It says 3+ business days.  I didn't realize I had bought insurance untill I looked at the receipt just now.  The cheapest option was Royal Mail Economy at 20 Euros with no tracking available and up to 8 weeks shipping time.  I think the prices are reasonable, saying I chose one of the medium priced options plus insurance.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

They look fine to me?  Must need the paid subscription...  J/K

Wow Rev, was trying to through you a bone.  Get you some crossover traffic. :)   Honestly, I thought they looked fine last time I had looked at them?

Oh, Got a better name for the Reader Feedback section.  How about.. 

Haters Gonna Hate?

View only if you are a Hater!   ( Muttley Laugh ) 

Thanks!  

About those pics.  At one point they were clear when enlarged. Not sure why not now.  I may just delete that whole section. 😜

@Rev hope you didn't watch that video!  PAINFUL...  That was only for haters. ;)

Thank you for confirming the catalogs did look fine at some point.  Thought I was losing it!   Don't delete the catalogs, figure out what happened.

2 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

@Rev hope you didn't watch that video!  PAINFUL...  That was only for haters. ;)

Thank you for confirming the catalogs did look fine at some point.  Thought I was losing it!   Don't delete the catalogs, figure out what happened.

Watched about 5 seconds. Is that a real song?   Yikes!    

On 10/22/2021 at 6:53 PM, PeterPepper said:

I thought I saw a glimpse of a purple controller at the Utah event and it made me wonder when we will be able to get extra controllers. Will they be available when consoles ship or later? 

Extra controllers (and different colors) are scheduled to be available on launch.  That is the current plan.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 10/22/2021 at 7:32 PM, GamerGurl909 said:

Will these games all have save points or will they play like arcade games and always from the start?

Depends on the game.  But most have save states.

Finnigan Fox for example has traditional save points.  Flying Tigers does not.

In Missile Command, if you keep building up your levels, you can then start later in the game if you'd like (i.e. start on Level 20 instead of Level 1 if you have made it past Level 20).

Cornhole, Pool, Skiing, etc. all have save points as there is a lot of stuff to build up and collect. 

But Astrosmash... you need to start from the beginning each time.  HOWEVER!!  When you get to a new level, you are able to UNLOCK that level in the VERSUS mode.  So in a way, that has a version of a save state as well.

• Like 13

On 10/23/2021 at 6:57 AM, Intellivision Master said:

It would be cool if in the future for the physical products to have 3D lenticular cover art.

Definitely an idea in the Wonka book already.   :)

• Like 6

On 10/23/2021 at 9:09 AM, Silverbot said:

Auto Racing is coming 👍😀 I believe this is a very early picture of it.

B607AF58-62AF-4DC2-B736-9C0FA0E3B42E.jpeg

Correct.  This is a very early version.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2021 at 12:11 PM, Alpha82 said:

That was an amazing article thanks for sharing 

Yeah.  That was a great article with a lot of insights. 

Some favorite passages from the article:

Not only does this sort of ignorance function as a kind of tacit permission, but it also ignores the inherent threat of the troll’s true intent. What the troll, the stalker, and the abuser really want out of the situation is to feel powerful and in control. And they will not stop until they feel it. Therein lies the most horrible aspect of the “don’t feed” mantra: rather than doing anything to address the trolls, the more tangible effect is to silence the victim and the reality of their abuse, or worse, to blame them for it. For far too many who promoted this idea, the true goal was silence, to avoid facing what is happening and the impossible responsibility of it.

“Don’t feed the trolls” also ignores an obvious method for addressing online abuse: skilled moderation and the willingness to kick people off platforms for violating rules about abuse. At one website I used to write for, everyone constantly remarked that we had the most amazing, thoughtful commenters. How did we achieve this? Easy: a one-strike policy. Complete zero tolerance. Did people complain? Of course they did. But it stopped people with bad intentions from being a part of the community, and it kept all the well-meaning people on their best behavior. It wasn’t perfect, but it was good.

The second you treat them as a “constant” or inescapable part of your community, you have given them permission.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2021 at 1:07 PM, Starpaddler said:

Believed Tommy stated this pic is an early concept for the upcoming Auto Race, and is separate from Nitro Derby. 

Correct.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2021 at 2:11 PM, mr_me said:

This is what was said about Auto Racing, less than two months ago.  So likely not among the first fifty games in development.

Correct.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 10/23/2021 at 6:20 PM, Pathfinder said:

I think it would be a good idea to sell a calendar on the official Intellivision shop where the pictures could be the picture of the covers of the physical media.  I think they would sell well.

How about a John Alvarado mustache calendar instead?

Wouldn't That Be Something?

😍🤩😋

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

So November is just around the corner... Are we any closer to a possible 2021 Christmas miracle for Amico pre-orders, or is Q1/Q2 where I should set my expectations? 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

So November is just around the corner... Are we any closer to a possible 2021 Christmas miracle for Amico pre-orders, or is Q1/Q2 where I should set my expectations? 

Hopefully the Amico comes out this holiday.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

😍🤩😋

That would be something.  And Michael Garvey would be definitely buy it.  Lol.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Finnigan Fox for example has traditional save points.  Flying Tigers does not.

So, Flying Tigers has no save option at all?  

2 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

But Astrosmash... you need to start from the beginning each time.

Oof.  I hate when you have to restart the level over.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

😍🤩😋

I would definitely order this. 

• Like 4