Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Greetings from Italy!  Too bad for that big yellow sticker of the German classification, among other things it seems to cover the pegi classification previously printed on the box and then reproduced with another sticker on the side.  On the back I really like the descriptions of the games in the main European languages.  Can't wait to play it with our Founders Edition!

IMG_20211025_170730.jpg

IMG_20211025_153252921.jpg

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Extra controllers (and different colors) are scheduled to be available on launch.  That is the current plan.

Thank you. There are three of us so we will need an extra controller and maybe another in another color. I used to have many different colored Mad Catz controllers for PS2 😂

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Crusader71 said:

Greetings from Italy!  Too bad for that big yellow sticker of the German classification, among other things it seems to cover the pegi classification previously printed on the box and then reproduced with another sticker on the side.  On the back I really like the descriptions of the games in the main European languages.  Can't wait to play it with our Founders Edition!

IMG_20211025_170730.jpg

IMG_20211025_153252921.jpg

Nice!  Glad you like them.  Yeah... the sticker sizes are brutal, but unfortunately required by law.  The bigger USK sticker in the middle would have been even worse.

Not sure if people noticed, but the screen shots on the back of the European versions are set up differently because of all the languages we had to get on there.

Overall, a lot more text, icons and logos on the European versions.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Great video from Papa Pete!  Glad that he's liking everything so far.  He's definitely in the top 5 of most hardcore original Intellivision fans!

:)

• Like 3

Yo Everyone,

We're going to be updating our FAQ on our website very soon. 

What questions would you like to see answered?

Here are just a few examples of some of the questions we'll be adding.

-       Physical Games description and explanation

-       Online Leaderboards – how they work and what is possible

-       How Many Games will be available

-       Information about controllers being used away from home/sharing

-       LED Lights, how they work and how they can be adjusted

-       Can you turn the LED lights off completely

-       what kind of accessibility options are available for those who are disabled

-       How using the phone as a controller works with app/console

-       How snap on buttons work for phones

-       can stick on buttons work with Amico controllers as well as phones

-       How charging controllers work using console/using USB cable

-       Motion control explanation. How it works.

-       Controller Rumble/Force Feedback

-       How touch screen works for user input

-       How the screen works for displaying images/animations

-       How many controllers/phones can be used together at a time. What is the mix?

-       How the disc controls the games and registers input. How that varies per game.

-       can you gift games to other people through the system

-       is there online coop or vs on the system

Please respond and leave any question you may think might be relevant. 

For reference (and so you don't leave a question that may already be answered), our current FAQ is here:  https://intellivision.com/faq

Thanks!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Looks like this is causing quite a stir...

Physical version of GTA for the Switch requires internet connection and download.

Question?  Will this be considered a physical media version of the game? 

1668406179_dy_e7Aou.jpgmedium.thumb.jpg.3b3305eee4c559f1e2e3c724a6ecd9d7.jpg

• Like 5

I think it is reasonable to assume people in a promotion video are not investors.  It could be an oversight which could be easily explained.  It is just a question.  The guy who created the video is in no way a troll.

Edited by eebuckeye
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yo Everyone,

We're going to be updating our FAQ on our website very soon. 

Here are just a few examples of some of the questions we'll be adding.

-       Physical Games description and explanation

-       Online Leaderboards – how they work and what is possible

-       How Many Games will be available

-       Information about controllers being used away from home/sharing

-       LED Lights, how they work and how they can be adjusted

-       Can you turn the LED lights off completely

-       what kind of accessibility options are available for those who are disabled

-       How using the phone as a controller works with app/console

-       How snap on buttons work for phones

-       can stick on buttons work with Amico controllers as well as phones

-       How charging controllers work using console/using USB cable

-       Motion control explanation. How it works.

-       Controller Rumble/Force Feedback

-       How touch screen works for user input

-       How the screen works for displaying images/animations

-       How many controllers/phones can be used together at a time. What is the mix?

-       How the disc controls the games and registers input. How that varies per game.

-       can you gift games to other people through the system

-       is there online coop or vs on the system

Please respond and leave any question you may think might be relevant. 

For reference (and so you don't leave a question that may already be answered), our current FAQ is here:  https://intellivision.com/faq

Thanks!

For the collectors and/or hoarders interested in buying physical -- What process is in place to ensure the physical copies are “future proof?”

For example, 20 years down the road, if you have a complete sealed set, mint condition, never installed, etc, and you wanna play ‘em.  Or maybe you’re a new collector and just picked up a bunch of sealed, never installed games at a convention or on ebay.  If the servers are no longer online or the system itself no longer connects to whatever version of the internet we have at that point, what process is in place to ensure the games we bought can still be played (assuming they can)?  

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Physical version of GTA for the Switch requires internet connection and download.

Nope.  If the game isn't on the cart and it needs to be downloaded, it's just a physical case with physical plastic trinket inside.  😉

But, if the "download required" thing turns out to be the same type of miscommunication that we had with Witcher 3 and Monster Hunter Stories 2, where folks were up in arms over something similar, but then it turned out the full games actually were on the cart and could actually be played without any download, then yep, it'd be considered a physical media version of the game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

This is kinda like the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy. The head of the girl in the middle reminded me of a couple of Saggy's avatars somehow.

If you have to download to play a game, its a “key” or “code” in a box. 

😉

GTA Switch is off the purchase list. 

Edited by Rev

1 minute ago, Rev said:

If you have to download to play a game, its a “key” or “code” in a box. 

😉

Maybe it's nitpicking - but I'd with "key" or maybe "token" because the associated game license is still transferable.  "Code in a box" just makes me think of PC games that cannot be transferred once they are activated. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

That video isn't Tony, is it?  I don't stalk... er... Follow him like you, so I could be wrong, but I thought I've been seeing the "no swear gamer" vids posted on here for a long time, and by a different AA user

I don't post about him weekly or make weekly speculation as negative fact month after month. Look at the definitions. Weak argument. I'm not going to argue this anymore in the "fun" thread. Fine, turn the fun thread into a troll thread like the others with all kinds of negative videos. I'm sure all the members will appreciate that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Swami said:

I don't post about him weekly or make weekly speculation as negative fact month after month. Look at the definitions. Weak argument. I'm not going to argue this anymore in the "fun" thread. Fine, turn the fun thread into a troll thread like the others with all kinds of negative videos. I'm sure all the members will appreciate that.

Yep, the video does seem in poor taste for this thread, for sure.  Not sure what you're "arguing" and who with, but best of luck to you.

But still curious -- is it Tony in that video?  I thought it was a different AA user who does those videos.

9 hours ago, eebuckeye said:

Any comments on this?  Tommy?

I used to follow the nsg, but have tapered off in the last year.  It's sad that he feels the need to nit-pick the Amico.  I don't think it's a big deal an investor is promoting the product.  In the end, I'm going to look at it and make the decision for myself, not by what people in an advertisement recommend.  I think the nsg is just trying to create more drama.  I'll be glad when the Amico gets released then people like this can eat their own words. 🙄

Edited by atarifan88

19 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Yep, the video does seem in poor taste for this thread, for sure.  Not sure what you're "arguing" and who with, but best of luck to you.

But still curious -- is it Tony in that video?  I thought it was a different AA user who does those videos.

It’s about a video TonyTGD released and NSG watches it and claims Intellivision is acting shady, so, basically promoting TonyTGD. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

The nsg has a chip on his shoulder about the Amico because of all the videos he has made complaining about the company.  I used to subscribe to his content, but lost interest a few years ago.  Now he posts these videos that are just grasping at straws making a big deal about something that really isn't.  So what if an investor was promoting the product.  What's the big deal?  I don't see it as shady.  I think he is just trying to create drama.  🙄

If she's an investor, the question comes down to, does knowing she's an investor make what she says less credible.  If she invested her own money in the product she must really believe in it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mr_me said:

If she's an investor, the question comes down to, does knowing she's an investor make what she says less credible.  If she invested her own money in the product she must really believe in it.

I understand.  In the end, people have to make the decision for themselves to buy the product or not buy it.  Hopefully they have enough common sense to not believe everything they see and hear in commercials and research the product for themselves before making a decision to spend their money.

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Nope.  If the game isn't on the cart and it needs to be downloaded, it's just a physical case with physical plastic trinket inside.  😉

But, if the "download required" thing turns out to be the same type of miscommunication that we had with Witcher 3 and Monster Hunter Stories 2, where folks were up in arms over something similar, but then it turned out the full games actually were on the cart and could actually be played without any download, then yep, it'd be considered a physical media version of the game.

100% agreed.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Clarification about digital vs. physical copies and whether they are all part of the NFT blockchain and transferrable, or just physical products. Actually a lot needs to still be clarified as far as how the RFID/NFC/NFT works and interacts with Amico, whether accounts are required to maintain game libraries, etc.

11 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

but then it turned out the full games actually were on the cart and could actually be played

I am guessing it may be a case where GTA 1 & 2 (or GTA 3) are bundled on the actual card but the other(s) are included only as downloadable content. Really they should just use a 32GB card or include two cards.

Edited by MattPilz
  • Like 2