Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

1 hour ago, Tommy2D said:

I'm personally nostalgic for the era when consoles had signature sound profiles (SNES, Sega Genesis, PC Sound cards, etc.).

Agree, and sounds are such a trigger for recalling past events.  Even today, I hear certain old songs and it brings me back to memories of activities i use to do as kid listening to them, mostly reading Tom Swift books or playing Intellivision.  I do miss the simplistic sounds and how iconic they could be as well. 

• Like 4

On 10/26/2021 at 6:37 PM, Tommy Tallarico said:

This live stream tonight should be interesting for those interested...

Any know if this cast will ever be available on rewind?

9 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

Any know if this cast will ever be available on rewind?

In another thread we find out it's from Retrobro's channel.  It should be back up after some editing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Starpaddler said:

Agree, and sounds are such a trigger for recalling past events.  Even today, I hear certain old songs and it brings me back to memories of activities i use to do as kid listening to them, mostly reading Tom Swift books or playing Intellivision.  I do miss the simplistic sounds and how iconic they could be as well. 

To partially quote Rick James "Cocaine Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd like to request beefed up versions of the motion control games that use the higher precision smart phone tech, such as the magnetometer and possibly more expensive, advanced gyroscope & accelerometer. Not necessarily at launch, but in the near future. Since the phone motion controls work, seems like they should be used to the best advantage. You could have games that are better than Wii or Switch. I do understand why the Wii dropped the sensor/IR bar as people complained about interference from environmental IR sources.

• Like 2

Ah... at a glance, I thought that critter to the let of the black cat was the Count from Sesame Street.  Then I zoomed in and ruined it.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Ah... at a glance, I thought that critter to the let of the black cat was the Count from Sesame Street.  Then I zoomed in and ruined it.

Is that Tommy looking through the mail slot?  Chucky must have called out his name 3 times. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

Is that Tommy looking through the mail slot?  Chucky must have called out his name 3 times. 

Or Sheldon...

knock the big bang theory GIF

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

intellivision-amico-trick-or-treat-happy-halloween-atariage.thumb.gif.d1e0a923e8082d54b8c72f806b5c5763.gif

That's very seasonal - I can almost taste the steaming hot pumpkin soup with that.
I thought it was art at first, but now I realise it's probably a Tick-Tock of your porch,
but "Trick or Treat" may not be the greatest marketing to associate with the Amico!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Very cool video!

We love hearing honest thoughts from people who have actually played Amico.

And great to get a young persons perspective.

• Like 3

On 10/27/2021 at 9:25 PM, Swami said:

I'd like to request beefed up versions of the motion control games that use the higher precision smart phone tech, such as the magnetometer and possibly more expensive, advanced gyroscope & accelerometer. Not necessarily at launch, but in the near future. Since the phone motion controls work, seems like they should be used to the best advantage. You could have games that are better than Wii or Switch. I do understand why the Wii dropped the sensor/IR bar as people complained about interference from environmental IR sources.

I totally understand what you're saying.  The issue though was even with the magnetometer in the mobile devices, it was difficult to pinpoint the exact location of where you wanted to throw the bag.  So it was making it more clinical as opposed to fun.  It was more "tedious" and more of a simulator than we wanted it to be.  But I can promise you it's a lot more fun and engaging now.  We tried to do it one way, but realized it was more fun (and more accurate) taking a more simple approach.  As an example, imagine having to figure out where to throw the bowling ball in Wii Bowling without setting up the general direction of where you were standing or wanted to throw.

Adding the addition of arc and direction (and using the motion controls to even control those) really made a huge difference for the fun factor of the game. 

❤️

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Tommy, any chance we'll get more information or get to see more footage of Dolphin Quest soon?

I'd love to hear more about it.  Like is it going to be a more single-player focused game (ex: Finnigan Fox)?  The short clips we have seen appeared to show the multiplayer portion. 

I'd also love hearing (if possible) what's the status of the licensing for Ecco the Dolphin.  I'm not even sure who owns it, but I assume it was difficult to get or you would have wanted to use it.  It's just been put on the Switch Online service with the Sega games, so you would have to assume Sega right?  If that's true, it's annoying that Sega doesn't want to do anything with it themselves.  IDK maybe starting from scratch is better for creative freedom.

• Like 4

On 2/23/2019 at 2:53 PM, Tommy Tallarico said:

I can guarantee you that no one will need a manual for anything. :) We've actually come up with a revolutionary (yet simple) thing in regards to the physical buttons on the controller. I can't tell you what it is just yet as the patents are still being filed. But all will be revealed at E3 in June this year. I think you're gonna love what we've done with the buttons! In fact... I guarantee it! :)

Some type of clip on buttons that clip on from the side of the controller? That would seem better than those stick on things. Hmm 🤔

I think most blockchains are migrating to the more efficient proof of stake protocols.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

I think most blockchains are migrating to the more efficient proof of stake protocols.

Unfortunately, a lot of current NFT implementations are still using Ethereum, which is dragging its feet on the 2.0 upgrade.