IGNORED

NOS Atari Games from Venezuela...

sixersfan105

We should have pooled together our collective resources and purchased a ton of the remaining inventory down there before the country went to total shit! I hope the games survive all the mayhem (and as many people as possible, too, of course)!

Its tempting, but there is literally no govt there right now and hoping to get mail out of their is a crap shoot, I honestly don't know you'd ever get the shipment or the seller will just say it must've been lost and keep the money and sell them again later. You might have a better chance of buying stuff out of North Korea.

• Like 1

Its tempting, but there is literally no govt there right now and hoping to get mail out of their is a crap shoot, I honestly don't know you'd ever get the shipment or the seller will just say it must've been lost and keep the money and sell them again later. You might have a better chance of buying stuff out of North Korea.

Yeah, I hear you. At this point, I'd definitely shy away from any purchases from Venezuela...That would be the day, seeing "ships from North Korea" on eBay :grin:

• Like 2

I just bought some 8-bit stuff from Venezuela. Right now it is showing that it is at a FedEx facility in Caracas. Hopefully it makes it. The only thing I have I had not make it was also the most expensive thing I ever bought from down there, a new in box VCS adapter for the 5200. Unfortunately the mistake was due to FedEx here in the States as they told me it was both left on the porch and signed for at different times. I never did get my money back for that one.

• Like 1

I just bought some 8-bit stuff from Venezuela. Right now it is showing that it is at a FedEx facility in Caracas. Hopefully it makes it. The only thing I have I had not make it was also the most expensive thing I ever bought from down there, a new in box VCS adapter for the 5200. Unfortunately the mistake was due to FedEx here in the States as they told me it was both left on the porch and signed for at different times. I never did get my money back for that one.

Good luck; I hope your 8-bit stuff arrives safely. Big A8 fan. That's the worst, when it says it was delivered on tracking but wasn't delivered to you - tough to get your money back through the "Money Back Guarantee" at that point.

• Like 1

That country has gone through a lot worse in the past and this stockpile of games made out just fine. The $5 Ikari Warriors & Motorodeo's are here to stay. Unless multiple warehouses got bombed or burned to the ground there is nothing to worry about. The starving people and overall chaotic madness to their current widespread state sure is though. I'm personally way more worried about getting humanitarian aid into South America and not worried one bit about getting some shitty old atari games out of it.

• Like 5

I'm not sure why this is in the 7800 forum. As far as I know they are only selling 2600 and A8 games, not any 7800 ones.

Mitch

Hmm thought I've purchased some 7800 games from down there in the past. Could be wrong. Feel free to move it if its placement in the 7800 forum is upsetting you haha

Hmm thought I've purchased some 7800 games from down there in the past. Could be wrong. Feel free to move it if its placement in the 7800 forum is upsetting you haha

There hasn't been any 7800 games in the warehouses or court seized item sales show up anywhere online to date. I wish there was though :)

Moved to Classic Gaming General. (There's plenty of non-Atari merchandise down there waiting to be liberated, too.)

I was fortunate to pick and choose what I thought was the best from the Venezuelan stashes early on. I did it mainly so I could get a hold of those items before other collectors scooped them up, but having heard firsthand accounts from a colleague who recently moved to the US from Venezuela, it was also clear to me that the situation there was only going to get worse before it got better. Those who are only just looking into picking up those items may now be too late.

I got a mint A8 Curse of Ra out of there just before it all went to hell.

Obviously, I'm far more concerned about the people and I hope sanity is restored soon, but I feel good knowing I rescued at least one little piece of Atari history from the madness.

I bought some sealed Turbografx games out of there a few years ago. They seemed to have Fantasy Zone and World Class Baseball, and not much else. Also, they used to have those Tron joysticks. TONS of them.

They had more not so long ago. I bought a sealed Blazing Lazers just a few years ago from Venezuela. It took a while to arrive but it got here intact. I wish I had purchased more, but more than a few posts about US Customs destroying packages put me off from doing so.

• Like 2