IGNORED

Unreleased DICE Sega Genesis/Mega drive game HARDCORE

TheCoolDave

3 hours ago, Punisher5.0 said:

This is going on sale today for the US. Only 999 for Genesis and 999 for MD. Its going to be a blood bath.

Not only that, there isn't an order limit.  So one bot could take them all in a fraction of a second.  :(

This happened to me yesterday.  Today I just kept reloading when the counter hit Zero until I was able to order the game.  Looks like the set with the MD and Genesis versions sold out and the Genesis version.  The MD version was still available when I last checked.

Yeah, there's always some lag/delay between the counter and flipping the switch on for the sale.  I believe I run into this with Limited Run as well.  You have to just keep hitting refresh when the countdown runs out until you have the add to cart button.  Sux that you missed out :(

-Allen

Yeah...crazy demand for this game. Especially the US Genesis version. First batch yesterday I was told sold out in about 5min and then I was told the second batch was sold out within 1min!!! So basically 900+ copies of a game sold in 6min total time? Is that a record?

2 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Maybe if enough people complain to Strictly Limited, they might release another batch and limit orders to 1 or 2 copies each.  Failing that, maybe a decent repro seller like FanBrew Games will release it eventually.  No way am I going to buy this on ebay with a 100% mark up.

On their home page they say no reprints of games. Someone else would have to do it.

I'm sure a rom dump will be attempted once carts are in peoples hands. However, it has been recently discovered that both Piko and PixelHearts have done something on their newer genesis releases that so far dumps haven't been successful. So some hardware trick possibly being used and who knows if that might not be a trend moving forward.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 10:04 AM, rasch_C said:

On another note, it looks like playasia is releasing the Japanese MD cart? (https://www.play-asia.com/ultracore/13/70cuzj)

-Allen

This is supposedly region locked as well. At least that is what was discussed over at Sega-16 so even if you could order the JPN version, you would need your system region modded to try and play it on a US Genesis console.

As for 'repro' of this showing up, it has been found that a few recent releases appear to have some hardware implementation in them that has prevented the games from being dumped such as some of the recent Mega Cat Studio releases.