IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Season 12 - Round 7 - Quest for Quintana Roo

32,400 pts. I think this is an awesome game but the fun of it can be ruined sometimes. You walk around forever to find the keys, only to drop them all in the necessary room and then the keys disappear again and you never find them in any room again. I had purple-red-yellow on level 1 and I put the purple one in first on the left; I then put the red one in the middle and it disappared and the hole remained there in the middle; I then put the yellow one in the right hole and the yellow key disappared while the right hole remained as well. I then spent half an hour searching every room and tunnel on both sides of the pyramid and found nothing. I think the keys disappared (yes, I used the chisel and the acid as well to make sure to open walls). That was weird.

post-45996-0-02534700-1551638406_thumb.jpg

32,400 pts. I think this is an awesome game but the fun of it can be ruined sometimes. You walk around forever to find the keys, only to drop them all in the necessary room and then the keys disappear again and you never find them in any room again. I had purple-red-yellow on level 1 and I put the purple one in first on the left; I then put the red one in the middle and it disappared and the hole remained there in the middle; I then put the yellow one in the right hole and the yellow key disappared while the right hole remained as well. I then spent half an hour searching every room and tunnel on both sides of the pyramid and found nothing. I think the keys disappared (yes, I used the chisel and the acid as well to make sure to open walls). That was weird.

attachicon.gifQuintana Roo 32,400 pts.jpg

If you put the stone in the wrong hole it goes back to a random location in the pyramid. You can use your geiger counter (4) to see if the stone is in the room. If a stone it there it will be all the way to the right. all rooms have a hidden opening so it is easiest to just start on one side and work your way across all rooms.

Edited by Bmack36

That is weird and something I haven't yet experienced in the two games I have played so far. This game is not without its bugs and so sounds like you hit upon one. Issues I have seen are very occasional graphical glitches and complete loss of keypad functions after I dropped a yellow map key in the vault room.

If you put the stone in the wrong hole it goes back to a random location in the pyramid. You can use your geiger counter (4) to see if the stone is in the room. If a stone it there it will be all the way to the right. all rooms have a hidden opening so it is easiest to just start on one side and work your way across all rooms.

The geiger counter will also show you if its in the room above or below you when the geiger counter indication is at the mid point.

The geiger counter will also show you if its in the room above or below you when the geiger counter indication is at the mid point.

I know. I used the geiger counter in every room and every tunnel on both sides (I went in each hole on both sides, as well). The geiger counter was extremely low in every single room after the keys disappeared. First time I've ever had this happen to me. I've had keys be relocated before, but never just completely disappear like this. At that point, I gave up and took the screenshot to submit the score.

I know. I used the geiger counter in every room and every tunnel on both sides (I went in each hole on both sides, as well). The geiger counter was extremely low in every single room after the keys disappeared. First time I've ever had this happen to me. I've had keys be relocated before, but never just completely disappear like this. At that point, I gave up and took the screenshot to submit the score.

Are you sure you weren't playing the game on "impossible" difficulty setting :-D

Such a shame there are such random game breaking bugs with this game. Your problem is about as critical a bug as my keypad functions breaking. Really puts me off trying another game of this.

Found a new combination of colors for level 1 that wasn't listed yet in this thread. Red, green, and blue. I don't know what the combination is yet for these three as I currently have the game on pause and I'm still exploring to find the wall to put these in. Here's a screenshot of the colors.

post-45996-0-52278800-1551648094_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

LMAO! Now the wall where you put the keys in doesn't exist, so I'll never be able to find out what the combination is for the red/blue/green. Geiger counter is low in every room/tunnel on both sides. Chiseled and threw acid at the walls in every room/tunnel on both sides. Nada.

LMAO! Now the wall where you put the keys in doesn't exist, so I'll never be able to find out what the combination is for the red/blue/green. Geiger counter is low in every room/tunnel on both sides. Chiseled and threw acid at the walls in every room/tunnel on both sides. Nada.

DId you open up the walls in each room of the 10 entrances?

Perhaps this is a ColEm issue. It's already been determined that it's buggy with Carnival and so may well be with other games as well. Try playing it in CoolCV.

Decided to close and re-open the emulator. Seems to be fine now. Currently have the emulator on pause and getting ready to begin level 3. Guys, I found a new combination for level 2 that isn't listed yet in this thread. NCG, thanks for listing the combinations you've found thus far. Came in handy for me on level 1 this time.

Level 2

Green - Blue - Purple - Red

119,100 pts. Lost all of my lives on level 3 (damn, the snakes and spiders are fast on this one). I was able to get three of the colors into the map wall room; unfortunately, I never attempted the combination yet because I lost all of my lives before I could find the rest of the colors. No idea if it would have been a new combination on level 3 or not.

post-45996-0-88764100-1551656927_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Numerous times when I've been carrying a map rock to the vault room and switch to the gun, instead of the map rock appearing on the ground while switching, it just disappears.

Interesting, I wonder if that's a bug or by design. Most likely a bug I guess as it hardly sounds a reasonable thing to happen.

Lost all of my lives on level 3 (damn, the snakes and spiders are fast on this one). I was able to get three of the colors into the map wall room; unfortunately, I never attempted the combination yet because I lost all of my lives before I could find the rest of the colors.

I had exactly the same reaction and experience when I encountered Level 3 - wow they move fast and when you have two beasties in a room they gang up on you real quick. I consumed more herbs on this level of the game than I have in real life (not really - but I did have to consume most of the ones I found). I still died from poisoning far too many times. I also struggled to find enough acid and so had to keep using the chisel which is more or less impossible when two snakes are chasing your arse at breakneck speed :-D

Like you, I managed to get three keys to the vault room, hadn't tried any combination yet, but lost my last life before I could gather more keys.

post-5757-0-62680100-1551712907_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

154,900 pts. My last submission for this game in this round. I did a lot less chiseling this time and just immediately switched to the geiger every time I entered a room; if the geiger reading was high, then I threw acid on the walls. Just run circles around the critters and throw acid. Found some new combinations on levels 1 and 2. Below were the combinations in this session: I decided to call it quits after level 4.

LEVEL 1

Green - Red - Blue

LEVEL 2

Purple - Red - Yellow - Green

Level 3

Blue - Green - Red - Purple - Yellow

Level 4

Red - Blue - Purple - Yellow - Green.

post-45996-0-29697400-1551768071_thumb.jpg

• Like 1