IGNORED

Files from Gazoo's system

InsaneMultitasker

You guys are over complicating things. Simply create a new file within your TIDir file to temporarily store your files - it can be called INPUT or anything else (mine is called PCFILES). Configure it as your input path in TIDir following the setup instructions. I use a USB 3.5" drive (A: ) as my output pathway again using the instructions given in TIDir. Move the files that you wish to convert to this input file. It is all very simple. When you boot TIDir, it will display the input file in one window and the output window in the other. Move the colored bar to the input file you with to convert and double click on the that file and it will open (it doesn't matter if it is a .dd file or a .dsk file). If there are nested files (as in a .dd file) you can double click to open each of the sub directories as well. Process the files normally and transfer them to TI files by whatever method you wish. For example, I use PC-TRANSFER to directly process the PC-formatted 720K disk in my TI disk drives (which are also 3.5" drives) to native, TI files.

If you have a SCSI or HFDC controller, you should be able to copy the files directly to the media attached to it. Unfortunately, without an HFDC or SCSI controller and media, I have to go "the long way around".

Edited by atrax27407
  • Like 2

$ sudo dd if=my_hd_image.dd of=/dev/sdX bs=512

where sdX must be replaced by the device name that has been assigned to that external SCSI drive, and $ is the prompt of the Linux of your choice. ;)

(I did it for the SD card that goes into the SCSI2SD drive.)

• Like 1

What it really boils down to is there are multiple ways to view and/or use the files. The simplest way to look at the files is as described with TIMT or TI99Dir. If you want to use the files in emulation, I believe you can convert the raw image to a MAME image within TIMT. If you want a few files, transfer them as you please or, if you want the entire image available to your TI, migrate the image to the media of your choice.

• Like 2

I believe you can convert the raw image to a MAME image within TIMT.

In TIMT, open the raw file, then use Utility->Convert to HFDC. Accept the proposed values. Close the image. Select "Import Raw into CHD", use "gazoo.hd" as the target image name. Under target parameters, check that there is "HFDC" as the file system. Click OK, done.

• Like 3

• 4 years later...

I was taking a final look at Gazoo's (Tony's) files today.  There are a few more folders that I added to the raw hard drive image compilation.

Remember, use TI Image Tool or another tool of your choosing to access the files.  The folder names I added: 

gfils - Geneve-programs and misc.
gprogs - geneve programs and docs
xb25, xb26 - Tony's earlier releases w/docs

!Gazoo compilation1 F800 AU 3-2-2024.zip

I also attached some files that he had sent me, though many could be copies of works he released.  I am sharing them regardless, as there could be something of interest that isn't apparent to me.

The file "images.zip" contains quite a few cartridge binaries.  I found no 'new' source related to his build processes, so updating programs in his images would require a bit of brute force and programing elbow grease.

image.png.c90f50ec6249fcb689c4dc1af2ac4c3a.png

Edit: FYI. the boot eprom work disks are for tony's Geneve boot EPROM 1.00.  

Tonys boot eprom work disks.zip XBv27 060315.zip XBN v27 suite 061315.zip XB27 suite doc preliminary.zip SNF1.dsk SNF2.dsk SNF3.dsk MIDIFILES.dsk MIDIMASTER.dsk Images.zip

• Like 7
  • Thanks 9