IGNORED

Atari 800 cartridge lock down clamps available? Or 3D Printing?

traindriver69

Is there nothing (screwholes) there or are there screws (with biggish heads)?

Later 800s don‘t have the tabs as they came with 48K anyway and normal users would not need to get below the top lid.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

If seen people break them off, and wear them down... don't know what the heck they were doing...

I opened the compartment and looked at my cards every couple of months, sometimes took them out and put them back in. Just because I could. Would have loved some "other" cards than the standard OS and 3x16 but no such stuff ever turned up my side of the Atlantic.

Maybe some people took a habit like that to the extreme ;)

Be warned: if you try to use the brown levers on 800's without the raised aluminum casting under the levers, the levers won't work

right (stay centered) and they will slide around and the lid will come loose. You will have to put some kind of spacer inside the brown

lever to keep it centered. I know this from experience.

DavidMil

Be warned: if you try to use the brown levers on 800's without the raised aluminum casting under the levers, the levers won't work

right (stay centered) and they will slide around and the lid will come loose. You will have to put some kind of spacer inside the brown

lever to keep it centered. I know this from experience.

DavidMil

Do what I did, just swap the metal shield with one that has the raised parts...

Okay, I have way too many 800s around here.

• Like 3

Hi all

I have just got hold of a Atari 800 computer and noticed that the little clamps by the cartridge slots that hold the top lid on are missing does anyone know if these are available anywhere or does anyone have 3D printer plans for them so that I could print a pair off.

Many Thankks

I've got probably 1,000 of them, how many you want and tell me where to send the envelope. I fly out to CA 25 years ago, there was an old building that a family owned, the father passed away and the son went into the property that they themselves hadn't been in for over a decade and it was an Atari 1st article review office, filled with tons of parts and equipment, so I've got more of those latches than I know what to do with.

Here's a handful of them among other parts I have in a huge storage container:

post-23-0-82776600-1551242650_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

I've got probably 1,000 of them, how many you want and tell me where to send the envelope. I fly out to CA 25 years ago, there was an old building that a family owned, the father passed away and the son went into the property that they themselves hadn't been in for over a decade and it was an Atari 1st article review office, filled with tons of parts and equipment, so I've got more of those latches than I know what to do with.

Here's a handful of them among other parts I have in a huge storage container:

attachicon.gifIMG_7732.jpg

Would you part with one or two of these clear parts as well? I‘d gladly pay for postage to Austria and a donation to the museum.

Would you part with one or two of these clear parts as well? I‘d gladly pay for postage to Austria and a donation to the museum.

Yeah, sure... I'll put them in a small bubble envelope, it can't cost very much to send them, they'd be under an ounce in weight.

PM your details, I'll ship them Monday and tell you what it cost me and you can paypal it to me.

• Like 3