IGNORED

Thrusty Thing

CyranoJ

Was playing around with the RAPTOR API yesterday and this appeared after a few hours of collaboration with Ander :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMiNoWfLuOk

Kinda have some ideas of where it is headed, not interested in a committee meetings or in need of playtesters, but wanted to showcase how quickly something can be prototyped using the API (Or, indeed, rB+)

I'm sure hand painted carts and impossiburu to make on Jag h/w 3DMax renders will come later down the line, not really a high priority right now :)

• Like 23

I see what you did there, and it's rookie jag game development 101.

See you've missed explaining all the complicated maths and feature planning and such and gone straight to showing a playable demo.

No no no, it just won't do :)

All that aside, I used to love Thrust and Thrust II on the good old speccy, but I seem to remember that involved picking up and towing objects as well, which was very hard and extremely satisfying when you completed a mission.

And i know what you mean about this type game being a time waster, defying inertia and gravity just keeps you coming back for more.

My hats off to you sirs.

• Like 6

I'm sure hand painted carts and impossiburu to make on Jag h/w 3DMax renders will come later down the line, not really a high priority right now :)

I'll give you credit for one thing, you're a master at throwing shade now. You seem to have it down to a science!

Game does look interesting and fun too. I wish you luck with this new project.

• Like 1

I'll give you credit for one thing

Says the moderator of JS3 - forum dedicated to lies, hate and spreading bullshit.

Case closed. Please leave this thread now, you will not have anything constructive to add or contribute, and I won't release the source code so you can't re-skin this either.

• Like 2

Says the moderator of JS3 - forum dedicated to lies, hate and spreading bullshit.

Case closed. Please leave this thread now, you will not have anything constructive to add or contribute, and I won't release the source code so you can't re-skin this either.

Oh I'm not interested in your source code. I do genuinely wish you good luck with the game though.

Keep up the good work.

Woo!

Last Strike this week!

Nope, the manuals, hand painted carts, and other associated things are the last thoughts for these... I'm not some talentless hack who tries to hide shoddy products behind gloss.

Did you not learn anything from post #1 ? :D

• Like 1