IGNORED

Thrusty Thing

CyranoJ

2 minutes ago, VintageGamer74 said:

Cyrano, I was just wondering if you had any idea when this, Last Strike and/or Doom Slayer will be released? Just curious. All 3 games look either kickass promising or kickass AWESOME!!! 

Anyway,  look forward to purchasing and playing these games!!! 

?????

Stike is finished and will hopefully be the next to go to publication after Speedball 2 and FWDizzy ship post PRGE.   reBOOTed will be following that one.

Doom: Slayer I have no idea, that is all up in the air - along with working out *how* to actually release it.

Gravitic Mines (Thrusty) most certainly won't be until at least late 2020 at the very earliest, given design, balance, bugtesting, etc, etc.

• Like 4

Comparisons to Super Mario World 2 are a nice compliment, thank you. I think that was the first game that was done like an interactive drawing/painting - but I think its style was pastels and color pencils but Gravitic is mostly done with painting brushes.

But the idea is the same - it works like a huge canvas with an interactive painting on it. 

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VintageGamer74 said:

@agradeneu You all have a beautiful game. Gravitic are the kind of games I love! Beautiful visuals, old-school gameplay and it's 2-D! Too bad you all weren't there at the Jaguar's launch.

Definitely can't wait to see how this game progresses! ???

Thanks! The artwork is very much inspired by Rayman and many adorable modern Indie/Retro games. I hope we can pull off something really special for the Jaguar. CJ rocks! ?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Comparisons to Super Mario World 2 are a nice compliment, thank you. I think that was the first game that was done like an interactive drawing/painting - but I think its style was pastels and color pencils but Gravitic is mostly done with painting brushes.

But the idea is the same - it works like a huge canvas with an interactive painting on it. 

You've nailed it there..interactive painting is exactly what i was thinking but could not for the life of me, put into words.

I actually prefer the look of the Jaguar game to this on PS3:

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lost Dragon said:

You've nailed it there..interactive painting is exactly what i was thinking but could not for the life of me, put into words.

I actually prefer the look of the Jaguar game to this on PS3:

I love this game and it's very inspirational to Gravitic so I feel quite flattered. ? Check out Gravity Crash for PS3/Vita too. And "Song of the Deep" and.....?

And this one I almost forgot, Ubiart yummi:

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 3

High compliments to be compared to those games, thanks guys!

We "Did the Math" on this the other day and we're guestimating around 36-40mb of compressed data on the 6mb ROM by the time we're done.....  or, to sound better: 288-320Mbit :)

Long way to go, we'll keep poking away at it!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Welshworrier said:

I read that as "did the Meth"" the first time.

Nice artistic style, take it these are all new graphics and not stock?

Who steals art and doesn't credit it. That's just extra spectacularly dickish.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Welshworrier said:

They all look very professional and I'm aware that certain other developers have a habit of "borrowing" assets without accreditation.

Tldr there is no slight intended on you.

I hope we can leave that "other developer" where he belongs, so not HERE please?

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks everyone :)

We're about 50% full of maps to play in now - we're starting to work on the actual levels themselves.  It'll have a "Rookie/Ace" mode and possibly something middle-ground like "Pilot" as well, each mode having different requirements to complete a set level.

• Like 6