IGNORED

Thrusty Thing

CyranoJ

Re-wrote the 'gravity' code so now it can be a vector direction, or, for more funs... a co-ordinate :)

Orbit a surface? With upside down pools of water? Don't mind if I do!

One of my favorite things about Gravitar is flying past a target while spinning in reverse and shouting. Love the water idea, cool way to get to the center of a planet or hidden area.

Whole bunch of new stuff for this one:

• Variable thrust levels (25/50/75/100%) on 2,5,8,0
  • Reaction Control System (RCS thrusters) on left/right trigger for 90 degree low power thrusting
  • Auto rotate to face away from the pull of gravity ©
  • HUD for fuel, ammo,lives
  • Missiles explode when they hit the ground or expire instead of just vanishing
  • Planetary shield to prevent orbit until mission complete, at which point it is removed (currently: All pods disabled, but various mission options available)
  • Several other bug fixes
  • Several other new bugs added!
  • A warmer climate

https://youtu.be/yvpi8tGb8tg

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

I like the thrusters on the side. It would be cool if the shoulder buttons could activate them (separately) for a sideways boost.... ;-)

They're on the shoulders (4 + 6) and 2,5,8,0 control engine power.

• Like 3

I had one over a decade ago and I also regret selling it. I do have three other Atari color vectors at the moment, Tempest, Major Havoc and Black Widow.

I bought a non-working Missile Command back in 1997 when I was 19 years old. It was $200 bucks, and I bought it from a company called "Mr. PacMan Arcade Machines & Repair"

Since buying it, I've moved to three different apartments, then a house I rented with roommates, then to my parents house for 6 months so I could save for an engagement ring, then to my first house back in 2003, then moved to Maryland in a town house, then back to South Florida, and finally here in San Antonio.

It's been with me for 22 years. I've fixed it up, rebuilt the track ball, all that other stuff... and it runs awesome. I've told myself I'll never get rid of it.

itUuIDx.jpg

• Like 1

I bought a non-working Missile Command back in 1997 when I was 19 years old. .... I've told myself I'll never get rid of it.

Best wishes youll some day will be able to speak similarly of your marriage ;) (assuming you made the same resolution regarding your wife)

itUuIDx.jpg

I bought a non-working Missile Command back in 1997 when I was 19 years old. .... I've told myself I'll never get rid of it.

Best wishes youll some day will be able to speak similarly of your marriage ;) (assuming you made the same resolution regarding your wife)

Yes, definitely. I'm very committed to things like that. Still have my first computer (8088 KayPro), my first car (1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6), and of course... my first and only wife. Hehe

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been busy playing with the SaintSD and fixing up some last minute things with the upcoming releases, however it is good to be back on task with Gravitic Mines.

Ander has not stopped while I've been on pause, and here we have another new world to fill with dastardly traps and other things for you.

• Like 9