IGNORED

65XE/130XE Cartridge Port Extender - 90 degree

NISMOPC

What do we need to do to confirm interest? Would love to get this going as it appears there is more interest then just me.

You need to go to my site, register, select which version you want on its product page and then complete the checkout procedure. You will need a paypal account.

I have one of your previous ECI2PBI 1090XLR Adapters (2 cart with 3 position switch, 4 dip switches, and a GAL) I'm wondering if you can enlighten me as to the differences between that, and this simpler redesign?

I've never actually looked into what the DIP switches do, but it does work to connect my MIO to a 130XE. Now that I think of it, the finger length on the PBI end is a bit too short, because I had to slide the MIO's connector back a bit, as it would not work when pushed on all the way. Maybe something to look at for the new design. They look maybe 2/3 the length of the ones on the Cart/ECI side.

I have one of your previous ECI2PBI 1090XLR Adapters (2 cart with 3 position switch, 4 dip switches, and a GAL) I'm wondering if you can enlighten me as to the differences between that, and this simpler redesign?

I've never actually looked into what the DIP switches do, but it does work to connect my MIO to a 130XE. Now that I think of it, the finger length on the PBI end is a bit too short, because I had to slide the MIO's connector back a bit, as it would not work when pushed on all the way. Maybe something to look at for the new design. They look maybe 2/3 the length of the ones on the Cart/ECI side.

You have a kind of premium version of the currently offered Single RA Cart/ECI2PBI. I originally planned to do a 1090XL version box and developed you're board to attach to it. It also functions as a 'standard' Cart/ECI2PBI based on the configuration of the dip switches. I've since ended development of the 1090XL box and made my project public domain.

You really don't have any need to purchase any of the current designs unless you need them for other 130XE Ataris you have. :)

I can definitely look at extending the length of the fingers. Thanks for the tip. :)

• Like 1

I can only reach it when I set my DNS servers to Google's 8.8.8.8

Are you in the US? Have you tried other DNS servers ip addresses other than your ISP's?

I'm trying to narrow down where the problem is. Right now it's a DNS issue, but I don't know how localized it is.

Indeed, I'm in Belgium, added that info to my Profile.

It looks indeed or a DNS issue with my router or my provider Telenet.

When I surf to your site using my mobile which uses Proximus (other Belgium ISP), it works.

Will have a further look wether it's ISP or router DNS related.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

the single 90 degree cartridge connector extend only? sounds like only one guy wanted that particular offering. But I could be wrong.

ball park figures on cost would be helpful as well.

That was me.

Came home today to a surprise package.

Dropcheck, these things are incredible. So simple yet so effective!!! THANK YOU!!

post-61269-0-73216900-1553127011_thumb.jpg

post-61269-0-98618700-1553127029_thumb.jpg

post-61269-0-06929600-1553127043_thumb.jpg

I'll eventually have a 3D printed shell or modify a cartridge shell to protect them.

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone still looking for one of these ICD extenders?  I found one in a Box O' Crap.  Condition unknown, although I don't know what could possibly go wrong on this, besides perhaps a bad solder joint.

Message me if you want this item, and I'll drop it in the mail for the cost of shipping.

20200627_112415.jpg

20200627_112423.jpg

On 7/1/2020 at 8:52 PM, squonk said:

Looks like this would be a good thing for people to clone.

MEtalGuy66 did years ago when he made reproductions of the MIO, but AFAIK they are no longer available.

Dropcheck also sells a new version, the only obvious difference is some jumpers on the left side.

https://www.bitsofthepast.com/?product=130xe-ra-extenders-switchers

single RA CartECI2PBI Adapter.jpg

Edited by BillC
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...
On 3/21/2019 at 1:11 AM, NISMOPC said:

That was me.

Came home today to a surprise package.

Dropcheck, these things are incredible. So simple yet so effective!!! THANK YOU!!

post-61269-0-73216900-1553127011_thumb.jpg

post-61269-0-98618700-1553127029_thumb.jpg

post-61269-0-06929600-1553127043_thumb.jpg

I'll eventually have a 3D printed shell or modify a cartridge shell to protect them.

I am looking for a similar solution as putting carts horizontally is quite annoying :) Does it have any support below to make it stable? Is it really easy to use? :)