IGNORED

65XE/130XE Cartridge Port Extender - 90 degree

NISMOPC

On 3/20/2019 at 8:11 PM, NISMOPC said:

post-61269-0-98618700-1553127029_thumb.jpg

On 3/20/2019 at 8:18 PM, Stephen said:

Nice Video Music machine. I also have one with original box. Super fun device, but it really needs a composite/s-video out mod.

OK - so I replied to this 2.25 years ago.  Almost made the exact same reply about the AVM.  However, I don't know how I missed it the 1st tie around, but holy $hit.  I had that same "professor owl" calculator.

17 hours ago, mikesk8 said:

I am looking for a similar solution as putting carts horizontally is quite annoying :) Does it have any support below to make it stable? Is it really easy to use? :)

The boards are designed to be put into a 3d printed case.  There are also mounting holes in the top right/left corners for support.  Sadly I'm not that great at 3d design and so didn't create a case for it.  You can also check out Digikey for rubber standoffs.  This link will get you started.  Measure the distance from the bottom of the board to the next flat surface (desktop?) and keep the diameter of the standoff/rubber feet to no more than 1/2 in or so.

There is some limitation on this type of RA extender.  Some Atari original cartridges may be difficult to use since they were designed to open using the ears on cartridge slot.  Otherwise there is no real 'operation' other than insert the cartridge into the board with the label facing you and then insert into the cartridge slot with the label facing you. 

2 hours ago, Dropcheck said:

The boards are designed to be put into a 3d printed case.  There are also mounting holes in the top right/left corners for support.  Sadly I'm not that great at 3d design and so didn't create a case for it.  You can also check out Digikey for rubber standoffs.  This link will get you started.  Measure the distance from the bottom of the board to the next flat surface (desktop?) and keep the diameter of the standoff/rubber feet to no more than 1/2 in or so.

There is some limitation on this type of RA extender.  Some Atari original cartridges may be difficult to use since they were designed to open using the ears on cartridge slot.  Otherwise there is no real 'operation' other than insert the cartridge into the board with the label facing you and then insert into the cartridge slot with the label facing you. 

Thank you for the fast answer. I will skip this idea till the moment somebody will be selling a complete product ? don’t want to replace one hassle with another :) 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 2:48 PM, mikesk8 said:

Does it have any support below to make it stable?

I found rubber feet that appear match my old genuine ICD PBI/ECI adapter here - I measured them 1/2" height, and has the tapered/rounded corners like this on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254410391310 - I can't easily find similar on jameco or digikey... but I also might not be searching correctly...

I presume the right angle PCB would sit at the same height.

Looks like a pair of metal standoffs could work too.

Hello Nezgar, guys

48 minutes ago, Nezgar said:

I found rubber feet that appear match my old genuine ICD PBI/ECI adapter here - I measured them 1/2" height, and has the tapered/rounded corners like this on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254410391310

In the link they don't seem to mention how many of those feet you get for that price.

Sincerely

Mathy

Just now, Mathy said:

In the link they don't seem to mention how many of those feet you get for that price.

You have to choose a "pack size" from the dropdown.

8 feet for US $10.79

12 feet for US $13.95

16 feet for US $16.20

24 feet for US $22.50

Problem is shipping to me in Canada is $13.35, (and US $19.76 to Netherlands) but free within the US....

On 6/20/2021 at 5:18 PM, Stephen said:

OK - so I replied to this 2.25 years ago.  Almost made the exact same reply about the AVM.  However, I don't know how I missed it the 1st tie around, but holy $hit.  I had that same "professor owl" calculator.

Had it ever since it was new. Missing battery cover, but still works... ?

• 1 year later...
On 7/4/2020 at 10:59 AM, BillC said:

MEtalGuy66 did years ago when he made reproductions of the MIO, but AFAIK they are no longer available.

Dropcheck also sells a new version, the only obvious difference is some jumpers on the left side.

https://www.bitsofthepast.com/?product=130xe-ra-extenders-switchers

single RA CartECI2PBI Adapter.jpg

Can these still be purchased?

Edited by macsonny