IGNORED

65XE/130XE Cartridge Port Extender - 90 degree

NISMOPC

I'm in luck to remember my own name most days, every once in a while I remember 198x... so you might know more on any given day. I am glad you do what you do. The more each of us knows, the better we will be. For the past number of years I've been helped by your posts, and others, and embarrassingly my own posts where because I forgot everything - others point me to what I previously had written.. then reading my own words and posts, it soaks in... I wake up the next day or some days later and it is all there again if only for a few hours....

my quality of writing is suffering too it seems... so literary grappling is no longer as successful as it once was. Circle of life stuff I guess. Glad others will grab the torch and run with it. Hopefully nothing burns down in the process... :o

I don't know anyone's level of training or knowledge. In the real world I've met folks who went from technical schools thru college whom know far less than someone self taught from books and experiments who love this stuff to death. Vice Versa as well...

When you have less days in front of you than behind you, you tend not to get too worked up about it that's for sure.....

depends on the day and how late it is I guess

Edited by _The Doctor__

I would love to purchase a few more ecipbi board for sure. The fingers on some of my originals are worn as are the connectors and aged traces... mask missing or scraped. It's a wonder they work at all.. I do know I touched up the joints of the cartridge connectors at least once in their lifetimes. Stress probably worked on them...

Well, if anyone believes I have masters degree levels of electronics knowledge, not only are they in for a disappointment, but I have to wonder where they got that impression, since it was not espoused by me. But fortunately, masters degrees are not a prerequisite to having common sense, observational skills, or some experience. :)

I tend to think twice about leaving troubleshooting advice (however generic, well intentioned and empirically reasonable) on the forms at all now, simply because such threads are in constant danger of turning into dick-swinging contests or tiresome, loquacious rebuttals of said advice. It's rather a shame.

just throw it out there, it only helps... you never know what is really going on since you don't have it in your hands and you can't put your equipment on it. You mention what you wish they'd check. But you find they don't fulfill the request... then later on it turns out to be whatever you were hoping they'd checked.. just be glad it may help someone and that it got fixed either by the poster, someone who read the post, or a skilled tech, or even by one of us! (self deprecation there) ;)

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

anyhow, that's my daily online system these days....

here's hoping the eci2pbi adapter with 2 cart+eci slots gets done, I need at least two and backups for them as well...

I spy a 3d printed device in the last picture set you posted. How is that working for you? Does it seem to have the strength to handle multiple insertions?

We can talk about a custom order board in IM. :)

Me being the simple man with simple requirements. THIS IS EXACTLY what I was looking for. Now, I am not familiar enough with or have the right contacts to have the board made or know which cart connector to purchase even if I had the board in hand.

How would I go about getting something like this made available to me? I would end up placing it inside of a 8-bit cart case (either a donor or a 3D printed version). Even though this is nothing more then an extension board, I still feel that it would benefit quite a few individuals who do not need all the extra bells and whistles but get frustrated whenever they want to insert a cartridge.

I have all the other 8-bits (except original 800), a few modified XL's etc, and a few XE's, but enjoy using the 130XE for some odd reason.

As everyone has stated, I am overwhelmed at how a simple post from me turned into a plethora of knowledge and expansion of my original post.

Thanks!

And just to be simple as possible.

Here's a dog simple SingleRACart board.

SingleRACart.jpg

Me being the simple man with simple requirements. THIS IS EXACTLY what I was looking for. Now, I am not familiar enough with or have the right contacts to have the board made or know which cart connector to purchase even if I had the board in hand.

How would I go about getting something like this made available to me? I would end up placing it inside of a 8-bit cart case (either a donor or a 3D printed version). Even though this is nothing more then an extension board, I still feel that it would benefit quite a few individuals who do not need all the extra bells and whistles but get frustrated whenever they want to insert a cartridge.

I have all the other 8-bits (except original 800), a few modified XL's etc, and a few XE's, but enjoy using the 130XE for some odd reason.

As everyone has stated, I am overwhelmed at how a simple post from me turned into a plethora of knowledge and expansion of my original post.

Thanks!

I should be able to get both the simple RA cart and the simple RA 130XE Cart/ECI boards up for pre-order on my website this weekend. As usual at least 10 will need to be ordered to make the board. I still need to go over part and board costs to say how much I'll charge.

interesting,

I was thinking we would put it on the PBI connector at the back, and you've put it right at the cartridge port... a cartridge T very creative.

If sized so the cartridges barely rest on the Atari's case, you don't have to worry about balancing the cartridges by weight either. nice.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

interesting,

I was thinking we would put it on the PBI connector at the back, and you've put it right at the cartridge port... a cartridge T very creative.

If sized so the cartridges barely rest on the Atari's case, you don't have to worry about balancing the cartridges by weight either. nice.

No PBI here. Completely different computer. This is for the 600/800XL cartridge port only. I was musing. May not be practical. :?

No PBI here. Completely different computer. This is for the 600/800XL cartridge port only. I was musing. May not be practical. :?

I wasn't saying it needed pbi as that is already available at the back, I was complimenting what you came up with. Please take another swipe at what I wrote. Perhaps I mistyped something? I like what you proposed! :)

Your idea keeps it simple and at the cartridge port, which keeps the PBI safe for other expansions.. I like it!

Edited by _The Doctor__

That switch is huge. Would a slider switch (like that on the SIDE2) not look and work better, or is there some specific advantage to the large switch?

Yea I'll probably change that. It's left over from the dual RA cart board tf_hh and I created a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

I wasn't saying it needed pbi as that is already available at the back, I was complimenting what you came up with. Please take another swipe at what I wrote. Perhaps I mistyped something? I like what you proposed! :)

Your idea keeps it simple and at the cartridge port, which keeps the PBI safe for other expansions.. I like it!

I'm still on my first can of Dr. Pepper. :) Cognitive thought is beginning to clear up.

• Like 1

Hello Lenore

I keep getting the message that Safari can't find your site. After I reloaded a picture you posted above, it worked, but I'm getting the same message again. Not sure if that's just me...

Sincerely

Mathy

Nope. I've had issues as well. Not sure what it is.

Allan

• Like 1

Hello Lenore

I keep getting the message that Safari can't find your site. After I reloaded a picture you posted above, it worked, but I'm getting the same message again. Not sure if that's just me...

Sincerely

Mathy

Sounds like a DNS issue or possibly browser cache issues. Try clicking on the link in my signature below.