IGNORED

Sealed Atari 2600 Q Bert's Qubes

the 5th ghost

Hi,

Just thought that I'd share this. I'm selling a sealed Q Bert's Qubes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Q-BERTS-QUBES-ATARI-2600-SEALED-NIB/273728196067?hash=item3fbb78cde3:g:P1EAAOSwHu9cc017:rk:1:pf:0

This is the first time I ever came across this game sealed. Can't imagine that there are many out there!

Thanks for looking!

• Like 1

Lol!!

THAT will NEVER happen!!!

Hey, at least I can say that I had it. It was a fun collection to put together. The box # variants were quite a challenge! I just hope that it's kept intact for the most part, and have no doubt it is in good hands! Still waiting to hear about the museum!

I think it's worth that but you need to find somebody who both wants it and has that much to spend on it at the same time.

Not sure getting it graded would add much value to it's end price but I do think this is the type of item that would be deserving of being graded.

For the most part I think the grading is silly. But you do get a nice case to protect it and display it in and this may be the only known sealed copy as well.

I feel that a sealed R9 like Qubes should be worth 1K. I was surprised that it didn't reach that mark at the end of the auction. It is now relisted with a BIN

Should I get it graded? If so, who would be the recommended grader?

No one in Atariage uses graders, even eBay sellers ceased to use it when trying to sell common games for very high prices just because it was VGA graded.

Sealed games typically go double price over a normal CIB game.

Also given the wide availability of Qbert Qubes for Atari 2600 (just check eBay), I think it's more R7 than R9.

For example, this is overpriced because damage in box: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Qberts-Qubes-Atari-2600-1984/163444362637?epid=56235318&hash=item260e0b0d8d:g:qqsAAOSwp7taeGYK&frcectupt=true

But it would be an almost acceptable price if the box is pristine. Now your sealed game would go for more or less double that price, so $855 was pretty fair.

Good luck trying to sell it for $1000.

How many known sealed Qubes are out there?

That's the only reason I feel that my asking price is perfectly justified. Finding the loose cart isn't difficult thanks to eBay, but it's still very difficult to find a nice boxed copy.

I was never on board with the whole grading thing, I scoffed at the idea of people grading Star Wars toys 20 years ago. But, I see the trend where graded items do sell for far more than a similar ungraded item. I think at least, it helps put to rest any concerns a buyer may have as to the authenticity of the item for sale.

How many known sealed Qubes are out there?

That's the only reason I feel that my asking price is perfectly justified. Finding the loose cart isn't difficult thanks to eBay, but it's still very difficult to find a nice boxed copy.

I was never on board with the whole grading thing, I scoffed at the idea of people grading Star Wars toys 20 years ago. But, I see the trend where graded items do sell for far more than a similar ungraded item. I think at least, it helps put to rest any concerns a buyer may have as to the authenticity of the item for sale.

Oh probably at least a 1000 lol, how about $500 and a picture of Bigfoot?