IGNORED

Who owns the Cursed Berzerk from Friar Tuck's, associated with 2 Deaths?

redsteakraw

For those who don't know there is a Cabinet of Berzerk that was in Friar Tuck's Game Room in Calumet City outside of Chicago that has 2 Deaths associated with it. The first death was from heart problems while playing the game and getting a high score. The other was from a deadly knife attack after a fight over tokens left on the game being used by someone else. Friar Tuck's closed and I am assuming they sold off all the games to private collectors and or other arcades. Which brings me to the question did purchase the Berzerk and do they know it's deadly history? Anyone hear about any collectors bagging or talking about the cursed Berzerk? Would anybody want to play on that Berzerk?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The other death was an urban legend.

It happened here is the report from the Chicago Tribune if that is evidence enough.

As for the first one Even the owner admits someone died while playing Berzerk.

The only myth is that two people died while playing the game it was just one and the second kill was initiated at that cabinet then finished in the alleyway. It happened and that cab is a very historic and infamous Arcade cabinet, are you the least bit interested in where it is located?

• Like 1

Well, okay, if you want to get technical...

But I wasn't referring to the stabbing. There is an urban legend that won't go away that two people died from natural causes while playing Berzerk. There was only one. I remember doing some research (and using the benefits of my Tribune subscription, searched for back issues) on the second person who died while playing Berzerk and found nothing. Searched for the guy's name: nobody with that name died anywhere around the time it allegedly happened. The first Friar Tuck's heart attack was true; the next one was a false rumor.

• Like 1

Well, okay, if you want to get technical...

But I wasn't referring to the stabbing. There is an urban legend that won't go away that two people died from natural causes while playing Berzerk. There was only one. I remember doing some research (and using the benefits of my Tribune subscription, searched for back issues) on the second person who died while playing Berzerk and found nothing. Searched for the guy's name: nobody with that name died anywhere around the time it allegedly happened. The first Friar Tuck's heart attack was true; the next one was a false rumor.

Two people died just not directly playing the game. The owner admits to a person dying while playing the game. So at least one person died playing the game, apparently due to heart issues then you have the stabbing incident now you have two deaths associated with the cabinet. But yes the second heart related death is a myth. The myth goes it was the first person's friend trying to beat his high score. A fun myth but a myth none the less. But the facts do remain there are two deaths tied to the game one heart condition the second was a stabbing over stolen quarters from the game.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I actually knew the person stabbed over the quarters fight. Their family was very close to ours in Lansing. I was 15. It was in about 1987 since i moved in 88. From what i remember it was an alleged gang member that used an ice pick after after being thrown into the suit of armour. I found this site searching for any info. 

• 6 months later...

The heart attack made me scared of berzerk for a while.. i was afraid if i didn't shoot evil otto i would die.. eventually i got over it haha.. i was also scared of the green guy from rolling thunder,,, i was 19 with that one (kinda ashamed to admit that scared me at that age)..

• Like 1