IGNORED

Link to 5200 4 port BIOS?

Shawn

Hey all,

Anyone have a link for (or could you please attach a copy) the 5200 4 port BIOS? I know there is a BIOS on the AtariAge site but I'm not sure if it's the 2 port or 4 port version. I want to put the 4 port BIOS on my new 2 port board to regain the compatibility with the few games that don't work on the 2 port like pitfall,ect.

Thanks,

Shawn

There is nothing in that thread that links to the 4 port BIOS that I can see, so no. Did you see something I'm missing?

It doesn't link to it, but does tell you where you can find it here at AA.

Yes, they are different. According to the 5200 FAQ the change was made to accomadate PAL games.

You can tell the 2 port version of the chip by the "A" at the end of the Atari part number.

The 4 port BIOS is downloadable from the 5200 emulation page here at AtariAge. And I just uploaded the 5200 2 port bios up to my site. You can get it here.

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org

It doesn't link to it, but does tell you where you can find it here at AA.

There was conversation I saw where there was some confusion if the one linked on AA was the 4 or 2 port BIOS so I was hoping for an alternative so I don't have to play trial and error. Thanks so much for your help though.

There was conversation I saw where there was some confusion if the one linked on AA was the 4 or 2 port BIOS so I was hoping for an alternative so I don't have to play trial and error. Thanks so much for your help though.

I don't see any confusion in what I quoted from that thread. The 4 port is on AA, the 2 port is available elsewhere. If you are still unsure, it takes 30 seconds to download the file and compare the checksum against any number of ROM databases, including the list below. You wasted far more than that waiting for someone to hand it to you on a silver platter, so why not try it?

https://www.wudsn.com/productions/atari800/atariromchecker/help/AtariROMChecker.html

I don't see any confusion in what I quoted from that thread. The 4 port is on AA, the 2 port is available elsewhere. If you are still unsure, it takes 30 seconds to download the file and compare the checksum against any number of ROM databases, including the list below. You wasted far more than that waiting for someone to hand it to you on a silver platter, so why not try it?

https://www.wudsn.com/productions/atari800/atariromchecker/help/AtariROMChecker.html

Not in that thread, in another one from years ago. I'm good, I was just curious if anyone else had it on the ready. That silver platter comment was a little much.

You wasted far more than that waiting for someone to hand it to you on a silver platter, so why not try it?

Dude, asking someone for a simple binary, here and there, is something I do frequently. What is the silver platter comment about? :?

Shit, people ask me for code and binaries for stuff they have no access to, all the time. That is something to complain about, but I am mostly pretty civil about it, I keep my promises. Asking for a simple link to something, that is probably all over the internet, is not the same, as handing someone something on a silver platter. It simply saves time, for the person asking.

$0.02

Dude, asking someone for a simple binary, here and there, is something I do frequently. What is the silver platter comment about? :?

Shit, people ask me for code and binaries for stuff they have no access to, all the time. That is something to complain about, but I am mostly pretty civil about it, I keep my promises. Asking for a simple link to something, that is probably all over the internet, is not the same, as handing someone something on a silver platter. It simply saves time, for the person asking.

$0.02

It's not that the OP initially asked for a link/binary per se. It's that when he was provided with a thread that told him exactly what he was looking for was available here on AA, he came back with "I don't see a link to it".

Which to me is someone who wants something personally handed to them and doesn't want to do any work to get it. Hence my platter comment.

Obviously we disagree on that point. But just explaining why I said that.

• 4 months later...