IGNORED

TNT Cowboy, another Kai Magazine game for Intellivision is now FINISHED!.

Looks fantastic. I can't believe this is an Intellivison game. It almost looks like a Gameboy Color or Game Gear video. How did you get the scanlines into the video? The sounds are incredible as well. Great job!

Thank you!

I added the scanlines on post processing, just to give it a more retro/authentic look (I play on an old CRT tv)

Please let me know if you don't like videos or pics with scanlines so I will avoid that in the future.

Thank you!

I added the scanlines on post processing, just to give it a more retro/authentic look (I play on an old CRT tv)

Please let me know if you don't like videos or pics with scanlines so I will avoid that in the future.

I like to see without scanlines.

Thank you!

I only play on a crt, but I don't like simulated scanlines in emulation. More so for preview pics and videos of upcoming games.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unbelievable! Like, I am having an actual hard time believing this is real.

I like the sort of puzzle aspect brought to the battles required by the use of exploding TNT crates . . . and the "wild west" setting. Somehow you've managed to invoke a specific genre and innovate at the same time! Amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

I played the game a bit and just finished the first dungeon and it sucks... that no other game is even close to be this good. Honestly, I was hyped from a video and now playing the game it blows my mind even more. It looks like a NES game and it plays so awesome. I am not exaggerating, this game is pure gold. For me its BY FAR the best game I played on the Intellivision. It looks great, it sounds great, it plays great. Just perfect.

Congratulations Kai Magazine, you came new into the scene and literally blow it up! And if you dont know it: I am noone who celebrates everything on this console or any homebrew. In fact my relationship to new releases is pretty messed up for years now, but your game is just amazing and a long time needed quality title. Of course there are other very good new games, but for me TNT Cowboy is a complete new theshold of quality.

I enjoy the ROM and I am happy to get a CiB copy for my collection when its done. And congratulation to Elektronite as well, this is a real bomb!

Edited by Ignorama

I got to play through 3 or 4 "warehouses" and it's very fun and intuitive. I was able to do everything with only a Sega Genesis pad and Bomberman skills really pay off in the game.

I like how you talk to townsfolk and in buildings. It works well not having to press a button to engage and it's easy to get out of dialogue and move on. The shop is also quick to navigate.

When you walk across a shadow as wide as your sprite, it switches to a dim palette. A nice touch that most 16-bit RPGs don't do.

In the first town it is made very clear what you need to do, while still keeping that feeling of freedom in RPGs.

I like that your powerups reset each warehouse, as it sidesteps the powered up fatigue from Bomberman, while maintaing a satisying pace to power back up. The size and layout of the warehouses I experienced were part of that balance. I'm looking forward to seeing how things play out in later stages of the game.

Arghh, those reviews just make me want the game more.. ha ha... great reviews guys, they were fun to read and did a good job in illustrating how much fun it is.

Kai Magazine, looks like your work is cut out for you coming out with such a fierce game, however are you going to top it? Ha ha..

Can't wait to buy all three of the games once they are available in complete cart form!

I got to play through 3 or 4 "warehouses" and it's very fun and intuitive. I was able to do everything with only a Sega Genesis pad and Bomberman skills really pay off in the game.

I play it with the Arcade Stick from Grips.

I really love the details, for example the shadows of the boxes which disappear when you blow them up. Or in the town the color change when the sprite walks under the shadow of the roof. And yeah, Bomberman Experience really helps to avoid the suicides :lol:

I am very excited to see the other areas. And I will not spoil the experience, so its hard to tell much about the game, but I really recommend to get hands on it.

• Like 1