IGNORED

TNT Cowboy, another Kai Magazine game for Intellivision is now FINISHED!.

I use spoilers, read at your own risk

I am in the Iron Tower now. I dont know if its the end, because I got this mission from the snobbish mayor. But there is something on the map that looks like a small port, so I am excited if the Tower is the end or not. I really like how the Cowboy gets more desperate every time when he has no other choice then accept the mission :lol: I also found the Ninja to get the instant-detonation-modul.

Edited by Ignorama

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Late to the game, but just finally got this out from the PRGE buys and actually fired it up.

OMG. I really think there are some vitally unique creative decisions that went into this game and the results are absolutely charming.

The controls are smooth, the graphics are amazing and would easily pass as being from a more powerful system (my first thoughts were really: Game Boy Color or even Lynx), and the play mechanics are solid and fun.

This game is, beyond anything else, CHARMING, and delightful.

Stellar work, folks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bruce-Robert Pocock said:

Late to the game, but just finally got this out from the PRGE buys and actually fired it up.

OMG. I really think there are some vitally unique creative decisions that went into this game and the results are absolutely charming.

The controls are smooth, the graphics are amazing and would easily pass as being from a more powerful system (my first thoughts were really: Game Boy Color or even Lynx), and the play mechanics are solid and fun.

This game is, beyond anything else, CHARMING, and delightful.

Stellar work, folks.

Thank you!

I attempted exactly that, to make it look and feel as close as possible to a Game Boy Color game, regardless of the huge technical differences.
Please do check the other games I made for Intellivision such as, Ninja Odissey, A.F.: "Antropomorphic Force", A tale of Dragons and Swords, Star Mercenary and The Sorrow of Gadhlan Thur.

You can check them in my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/@kaimagazine8221/videos

All of those games are being sold by the publisher: Elektronite except for The Sorrow of Gadhlan Thur which is sold in my online store but it is currently out of stock on physical format (I will do some more units in a few months) but it is available in digital format.

Thanks again for your kind words!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

being sold by the publisher: Elektronite

It looks like their web site shut down for CoViD and hasn't been updated in a few years?

2 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

Thanks again for your kind words!

you're more'n welcome, well-earned.

On 11/20/2023 at 3:50 PM, Kai_Magazine said:

Thank you!

I attempted exactly that, to make it look and feel as close as possible to a Game Boy Color game, regardless of the huge technical differences.
Please do check the other games I made for Intellivision such as, Ninja Odissey, A.F.: "Antropomorphic Force", A tale of Dragons and Swords, Star Mercenary and The Sorrow of Gadhlan Thur.

Would love to see a new game from you.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Intymike said:

Would love to see a new game from you.

I would love to make another one, but since I don't have any secure, 100% guaranteed cartridge provider that I can count at a 100%, nor anything close to that, and considering that what happened with "The Sorrow of Gadhlan Thur" almost 2 years delay was an indescribable nightmare and caused me serious health problems due to the anxiety and countless nights of no sleep, I must say this:

If anyone can guarantee 100% that I can count with whatever amount of cartridges I need when I need them, I will make another Kai Magazine game.

Until then, if I make another game it will be in my spare time, for free, in rom only for everyone to download, but my free time is very scarce as of late, so it might take more than a while.

Anyway I appreciate A LOT the sentiment.

I thank you all of you who supported our developments over these past years!

• Like 4

I did get the impression the cartridge drought is over but as I am not someone who provides them I have no data to back that claim up.  Just seems to be a lot of new games coming out now on new (non recyled) carts.

Sorry to hear how much of a nightmare Sorrow was to get out to us.  I completely understood the situation and felt you kept us appraised of what was happening so there was no hard feeling on my part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kai_Magazine said:

I would love to make another one, but since I don't have any secure, 100% guaranteed cartridge provider that I can count at a 100%, nor anything close to that, and considering that what happened with "The Sorrow of Gadhlan Thur" almost 2 years delay was an indescribable nightmare and caused me serious health problems due to the anxiety and countless nights of no sleep, I must say this:

If anyone can guarantee 100% that I can count with whatever amount of cartridges I need when I need them, I will make another Kai Magazine game.

Until then, if I make another game it will be in my spare time, for free, in rom only for everyone to download, but my free time is very scarce as of late, so it might take more than a while.

Anyway I appreciate A LOT the sentiment.

I thank you all of you who supported our developments over these past years!

Games apart, how are you now Oscar?

Did you recover perfectly?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Games apart, how are you now Oscar?

Did you recover perfectly?

Thank you for asking ^_^

No, far from it. My neck is as scarred in the inside as it is in the outside, after so many cirguries everything is scrambled and out of place and I feel it every day.

Also, after those 3 weeks in the hospital without knowing if I was going to live or die, without being able to eat or drink and only feeling obscene amounts of pain, and tubes inserted in my neck, mouth and nose, I still have nightmares one year later, so mentally I am not ok either.

(for those who don't know, last year the stress and anxiety lowered my defenses and I got a severe bacterial infection that almost killed me, I couldn't breathe).

So I try to avoid any stressful situations at all costs. 

Edited by Kai_Magazine
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

Thank you for asking ^_^

No, far from it. My neck is as scarred in the inside as it is in the outside, after so many cirguries everything is scrambled and out of place and I feel it every day.

Also, after those 3 weeks in the hospital without knowing if I was going to live or die, without being able to eat or drink and only feeling obscene amounts of pain, and tubes inserted in my neck, mouth and nose, I still have nightmares one year later, so mentally I am not ok either.

(for those who don't know, last year the stress and anxiety lowered my defenses and I got a severe bacterial infection that almost killed me, I couldn't breathe).

That’s really terribile Oscar!

Very sad to learn that you have still physical and mental troubles.

Protect yourself as much as you can and I’m sure that day after day you will feel better and eventually forget those awful days.

Here on AA we are all with you!

All the best,

Paolo

• Like 4

On 11/20/2023 at 4:06 PM, MGG said:

Elektronite has slowly been recovering from the Covid supply hangover. Send them an email at elektronite@hotmail.com and inquire. :)

That is correct. Unfortunately, I have not gotten around to rebuilding the website and have been concentrating on other stuff. I will get to it soon. 

I have an agreement with LTO to make JLP circuit boards exclusively for Elektronite, and have been doing so. I have enough JLP stock to produce more copies of our entire library and to publish new games that use the JLP cartridge. I am not a JLP reseller, so other publishers will have to source JLP boards through Intellivision Collector. However, the “drought” is over for Elektronite. We have plenty. 

• Like 4

On 11/22/2023 at 3:56 AM, Kai_Magazine said:

Thank you for asking ^_^

Get well Big O.  

This place, as I've found out, is a wonderful coping mechanism.  

• Like 1