IGNORED

2600 cx40 controller wires

Prizrak

Got my micro switch pcb we have here on AA and went to hook it up but the colors appear to be all wrong compared to the colors listed on the new pcb. Did Atari ever use different colors for wires than the standard that I find in photos online. I know I have to find which one is ground and go one by one and find which one is each direction. Didn't know if there was someone else who had colored coded wires on wrong terminals inside and what did you see.

Never mind, figured it out after a lot of trial seems error. Unfortunately two of my metal tabs that hold the wire to the board have a broken side and I may have to find a way to fix it.

Someone need a cable? ;)

post-2131-0-76656500-1551584684.jpg

You got a stash and holding out on us? I've got it rigged right now with tape holding the contacts in but if I dont get a new cable or replace the crimps I may have to find somewhat to attach them more permanently. What I have played with the new board is pretty nice, very responsive.

You got a stash and holding out on us? I've got it rigged right now with tape holding the contacts in but if I dont get a new cable or replace the crimps I may have to find somewhat to attach them more permanently. What I have played with the new board is pretty nice, very responsive.

And as you can see they ARE the OEM Atari brand :)

post-2131-0-78675000-1551641038.jpg

Since some of my connections are broke should I replace the whole cable, see if they make replacement connectors and replace or I even considered a drop of solder to hold the broken one in place. Any thoughts? BTW the micro switch board is pretty cool, has less throw than my gold pcb board and is very responsive.

Since some of my connections are broke should I replace the whole cable, see if they make replacement connectors and replace or I even considered a drop of solder to hold the broken one in place. Any thoughts? BTW the micro switch board is pretty cool, has less throw than my gold pcb board and is very responsive.

I've had my gold PCB's for 9 years and never have had any problem with them, but then unlike some video gamers I do not grab the stick shaft full fist, or place my thumb on TOP of the stick to try and move it around either. I play very differently than some

This should give an idea how I use the joystick controller, I had to use one hand due to holding the camera with the other. But when I am properly using it the finger positions are the same with me grabbing the base with my left hand with finger on the fire button

post-2131-0-59245600-1551661465_thumb.jpg

With the new board things are very nice, don't seem so mushy. Previous pcb was ok but after a closer look most domes don't click, about flat. My damaged parts I mentioned earlier are the metal tabs that slide on to the pcb. One broke upon removal from old board and second trying to have it grip the new one tight. Guess whatever they're made of doesn't stand up well after 40 years.