Jump to content
PikoInteractive

Impossamole and Head Over Heels Jaguar Official Thread

Recommended Posts

What's the latest on Impossamole in the Piko Interactive store? It still says "Pre-Order" next to it, yet that should have wrapped up a month or two ago, right? I don't want to purchase and then have my money tied up for a while before receiving it. Thinking about grabbing that one and Switchblade for my recently acquired Jaguar. Worth taking the plunge on these two ST converted titles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are shipping already, was just waiting for new shells to change into in stock. However my wife is due any day now so I haven't gotten around on changing the site nor ship current orders, should be able to do it within the next few days.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once people have these: How have people found Head Over heels and Impossamole. I remember these from my old ZX spectrum days, but can't afford to buy them yet - just wondered what people thought of them. I used to really love Head Over Heels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2019 at 11:17 PM, matthew954 said:

Out of curiousity, are the Piko Jag boxes the same size as the original Jag boxes? I bought some Jag box protectors from Amazon, and the boxes don't fit inside the plastic.

No, Piko Jag boxes are actually NOT the same size as original Jag boxes, which is a little surprising. They are 1/16 (one sixteenth) of an inch wider, which results in the inability to use many box protectors. Many Jaguar box protectors are the same size as SNES and N64 protectors, so there is a good chance that box protectors for those systems won't work either. That said, based on other posts in this thread, it sounds like some Jag protectors are larger than others (a little strange), so apparently some may work for these larger Piko boxes. I'm giving retroprotection's protectors a shot this go-round, per @Machine's suggestion. Would be nice if @PikoInteractive corrected this box size issue moving forward. Who knows, maybe they did this on purpose so you would be more inclined to play the games? I kid, as I'm guessing this was just a mistake by Piko or their supplier, much like the Switchblade box title (on side of box) being flipped the wrong way. Come on, guys, you can do better! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

No, Piko Jag boxes are actually NOT the same size as original Jag boxes, which is a little surprising. They are 1/16 (one sixteenth) of an inch wider, which results in the inability to use many box protectors. Many Jaguar box protectors are the same size as SNES and N64 protectors, so there is a good chance that box protectors for those systems won't work either. That said, based on other posts in this thread, it sounds like some Jag protectors are larger than others (a little strange), so apparently some may work for these larger Piko boxes. I'm giving retroprotection's protectors a shot this go-round, per @Machine's suggestion. Would be nice if @PikoInteractive corrected this box size issue moving forward. Who knows, maybe they did this on purpose so you would be more inclined to play the games? I kid, as I'm guessing this was just a mistake by Piko or their supplier, much like the Switchblade box title (on side of box) being flipped the wrong way. Come on, guys, you can do better! 

 

Our boxes are 1:1 to snes and N64 in dimensions. The problem may be that we use a thicker paper material. Cause they are more durable and sturdy.

 

 

Edited by PikoInteractive
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PikoInteractive said:

 

Our boxes are 1:1 to snes and N64 in dimensions. The problem may be that we use a thicker paper material. Cause they are more durable and sturdy.

 

 

Appreciate the reply and also the admission that the boxes aren't the same size as Jaguar boxes. Now I get that it's likely a cost measure so that you don't have to order one additional size box just for Jaguar games. Not ideal, but hopefully a different brand of box protectors will do the trick on my end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Appreciate the reply and also the admission that the boxes aren't the same size as Jaguar boxes. Now I get that it's likely a cost measure so that you don't have to order one additional size box just for Jaguar games. Not ideal, but hopefully a different brand of box protectors will do the trick on my end. 

Might as well do our own box protectors and give it out for free with the purchase. Will look into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PikoInteractive said:

Might as well do our own box protectors and give it out for free with the purchase. Will look into it.

Good idea. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be a great help if you offered a box protector with it for even a $1 more if not free - although I have had no trouble with your games in the past fitting in my box protectors... Custodian and Switchblade I am sure both fit into mine, but I do have some that were marginally bigger - but a box protector included would be great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The boxes from another company who do Jag games too are badly oversized boxes and they won't fit any of my protectors - Piko's actually aren't too bad compared to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 2:59 AM, JaggingUK said:

The boxes from another company who do Jag games too are badly oversized boxes and they won't fit any of my protectors - Piko's actually aren't too bad compared to them.

What company is that?

 

 ..Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JaggingUK said:

well yes they are the only ones that are way oversized for any kind of box protector, hopefully that will change in the future though

Out of curiosity, what are the dimensions of Wave1Games' boxes? Perhaps they would fit in another protector. For example, the Absolute-produced 7800 games measure 9 x 7 x 1 (inches) and Mortoff Games created a box protector for those games about a year and a half ago. Not sure if those would fit or if they're too big?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...