IGNORED

We Love Atari (Volume One)

Hello everybody,

It has been a long time since I posted here, so long in fact I couldn't find my old login details (Username: AEX), but some kind admin has validated my new account and I have some news to tell you.

Oldtimers might remember my website "Atari Explorer" (and before that "The Atari Time Machine), when I was young and free I enjoyed keeping the Atari site updated in my spare time but I had this thing called "a family", and that has kept me for want of a better word... busy :-) I had mentioned before all this family stuff happened, I was working on a book, well I finally finished it...

Just some background before you all nod off to sleep, I decided that Curt and Marty had pretty much covered all there was to cover (and then some) with their great book and since then we've been treated to some awesome retro books that have hit the market. No point going over old ground, so I thought I'd design something a little different, something I wanted, a book cramed with as much "Atari Stuff" as possible. Sprinkle a little historical reference and some basic Atari facts throughout, and add as many great images as possible, hey presto! The result: We Love Atari (Volumes One and Two).

You can find all the details and keep up to date with the latest news at my website: www.zafinnbooks.com

I've still got a few things to do in the background before I can take orders, but it won't be long. The first (small) print run is complete and I have the books here, I didn't bother with KickStarter! As long as I can cover my costs (printing, packaging etc) and get the book safely to you (International Registered Mail Only), I'll be able to get Volume Two printed as soon as possible. Volume Two is ready to roll, I will put a few sneak peaks of that up soon. I will also get a second print run of Volume One organised for anybody who misses the first run.

You are all wondering how much is it: Price TBC. It will include P&P with Tracking and I'll ensure your book is well packaged. Keep an eye on the website.

No more waffle, thanks for hearing me out, and I hope those of you who do get this book enjoy it. Those who don't want the book, please enjoy the new updated Atari Explorer website which I will re-launch later this year.

best regards,

Karl

P.S. Hello to all the AA members who remember me ;-)

• Like 5

AHS Co-founder Karl comes back out of his hiding spot just in time for a St Patricks miracle. Wow, Atarimuseum.com is in the middle of a grounds up rebuild (the 400/800 section is where its all starting from right now, plus the new home page graphic) and now Atari Explorer is coming back --- We're getting the band back together! ;-)

• Like 2

Hello,

Thanks for all the e-mails - your support makes the effort all the more worthwhile.

@Curt Vendel - Great to be back! Can't wait to re-launch the website, and its great to see the mighty Atari Museum get a face-lift. Happy 40th Birthday Atari 400/800 :-)

@TrekMD - Thank you, your very welcome to visit :-)

Book Update: Should be able to take orders from the 18th March, keep checking the website for updates. Pricing, shipping etc will all be revealed next week. Special gift with all First Editions sold.

all the best,

Karl

• Like 3

Looks like a great book! To save some shipping, is there any chance we can order Vol 1 but wait until Vol 2 is ready to ship with it?

@atarilovesyou - Interesting idea, but I'd hate to take orders (your hard earned cash) based on something out of my control. I'd like to say Volume 2 won't be long, be that depends how quickly I can sell the first (limited) print run. Don't get me wrong, I think its a great idea in theory, but I don't want to let people down. With respect to shipping, it's the main reason I split the book into two volumes, because I needed to keep the weight down.

I decided to absorb the PayPal processing fees and half the packaging costs to lessen the effect of shipping, but I'd rather ship with insurance and tracking to ensure your book(s) get to you safely.

It's a bummer, but sadly shipping costs are out of my control :-(

Karl

Hello!

Just a quick update, I know people get anxious after purchasing something online! The first orders from Thursday (14th March) have been processed and I've just got the first orders ready to ship ;-)

See the image for actual proof :-D

Of course, I just wanted to share the moment, and thank all of the users here at AtariAge for their support so far. Spread the word! I can't wait to share Volume Two!

Thanks,

Karl

post-67771-0-74236300-1552699236.jpg

• Like 1

Hi there,

Order #'s up to 10017 have all shipped, along with your free poster and sticker. Thank you guys again for the support and let me know what you think of the book, as I want to ensure Volume Two is even better than the first.

Spread the word if you can, I'd appreciate it,

Karl

• Like 1

Hello!

Just a quick update, I know people get anxious after purchasing something online! The first orders from Thursday (14th March) have been processed and I've just got the first orders ready to ship ;-)

See the image for actual proof :-D

Of course, I just wanted to share the moment, and thank all of the users here at AtariAge for their support so far. Spread the word! I can't wait to share Volume Two!

Thanks,

Karl

I think I see mine. ;) Thanks for the update.

Hi there,

Order #'s from 10018 - 10021 have all shipped, along with your free poster and sticker. E-Mail confirmations with tracking numbers have been sent.

Thank you guys again for the support and let me know what you think of the book, as I want to ensure Volume Two is even better than the first.

Spread the word if you can, I'd appreciate it,

Karl

It's a beautiful looking book. I just can't justify a $75 book purchase currently :(

Thanks @orpheuswaking, appreciate the kind words.

It's actually just over $72 for the book + shipping + packaging to ROW/USA, but I'll give you your $75 ;-) The shipping is a little high, but that's because its tracked (registered) for your own piece of mind.

I can ship a multiple order and save on shipping costs if a few of you got together, just contact me and we can work on it if its something you want to look into.

Remember, a book is for life :grin:

Pardon my ignorance if this was covered by past topics, but Is this one all 2600? Or what is the % makeup if it covers other platforms (arcade, 5200).

I take it computers/XL/XE+ is slated for vol 2 or did any 400/800 make it into vol 1.

Pardon my ignorance if this was covered by past topics, but Is this one all 2600? Or what is the % makeup if it covers other platforms (arcade, 5200).

I take it computers/XL/XE+ is slated for vol 2 or did any 400/800 make it into vol 1.

Hi Nezgar, thanks for the question.

Volume One starts at Pong (72) and covers almost everything up until 1983, so the 400/800 and 1200XL computers are in there. Over 292 pages the book gives you as much visual "Atari" as possible, as well as some historical overview of each product, advertising of the time, prototypes and much more. Volume 2 begins with the 7800 (84) and then all the way to 1996 with all the other 8-Bit, 16-Bit, 32-Bit computers included (and the 64-Bit Jaguar of course!).

Karl

• Like 1

Got my copies today!! Now to find time to read it instead of drooling over all the pictures. I want volume 2. *pout*

Great news Karl, I really hope you enjoy it. Volume 2 looks great and I am already getting a proof from the printer next month so I can ensure its ready to go to print as soon as possible.

Karl