IGNORED

We Love Atari (Volume One)

:-o Wow :-o . My copy just arrived and I couldn't be happier. I've only thumbed through it a bit, nothing thorough, but I'm blown away by how much is covered in this book.

• The ads, renderings and pictures all look great!
  • The Quick Reference on the Contents page is a nice touch.

I honestly can't wait for Volume 2

Thank you Karl.
post-21941-0-86721700-1553623036.jpg
  • Like 2

very interested in Volume 2 of this book. 800xl was my first computer, so volume 1 is not that appealing to me... anyway, good job with this book, it looks fabulous!

Thanks mchorvat, appreciate the feedback. I agree though, my own Atari "childhood" is from 1985 (with a few years before hand playing Arcade games). I'm also looking forward to getting Volume 2 out for everybody, I've had a lot of requests for it. But I have a soft spot for the 70's Atari too, especially the advertising and the early arcade games.

• Like 1

:-o Wow :-o . My copy just arrived and I couldn't be happier. I've only thumbed through it a bit, nothing thorough, but I'm blown away by how much is covered in this book.

• The ads, renderings and pictures all look great!
  • The Quick Reference on the Contents page is a nice touch.

I honestly can't wait for Volume 2

Thank you Karl.

Thanks Steve :-D

I'l so glad your happy with it - it took forever to put together and get the balance right, and what I have learned from the process of making Volume One has only made Volume Two even better, something you will love too.

• Like 2

Volume 2 News:

I am over 50% of my goal to print Volume 2, so hopefully it won't be much longer. If I get at least 90% of my costs back, I'll probably go ahead anyway such has been the demand for it :-)

Shipping Update #3

All Order #'s up to 10042 have all shipped, along with your free poster and sticker.

Thank you guys again for the support and the kind feedback.

Hello!

I had a great response to Volume One so far, but equally, I know a lot of you wanted Volume Two, which is from 1984-1996, the period most relevant to a lot of us on these boards.

Well, I am glad to inform you that we are literally 32 copies away from the first print run of Volume 2, so if you want to support the next book, please spread the word.

More information and some previews available here http://www.zafinnbooks.com

Please don't hesitate to contact me through AA or the website above. And thank you for all of you who asked me to hold a copy of Volume Two for you, I will contact you as soon as its available.

Thanks again for all the support so far.

Karl

• Like 1

Volume 2 News:

Now over 60% of my goal to print Volume 2, so hopefully it won't be much longer. If I get at least 90% of my costs back, I'll probably go ahead anyway such has been the demand for it :-)

Shipping Update #4

All Order #'s up to 10047 have all shipped, along with your free poster and sticker.

Thank you guys again for the support and the kind feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Volume 2 News:

Volume 2 news: Only 25 copies left of Volume One (First Edition), as soon as they are sold I will have covered costs enough to start the print run for Volume 2. They will come with a special limited 55mm Atari ST badge and vinyl sticker... and yes, all first editions of Volume 2 come with a one-off Atari poster. Question, should we go with an 8-Bit theme or a 16-bit them for the poster (or dare I say it, 64-Bit!)?

Shipping Update #5

Shipping update: all orders upto #10051 have shipped as of today (with your free poster and sticker).

• 2 weeks later...

We Love Atari Volume One Update:

Volume 2 News:

Volume 2 news: Only 16 copies left of Volume One (First Edition), as soon as they are sold I will have covered costs enough to start the print run for Volume 2. They will come with a special limited 55mm Atari ST badge and vinyl sticker... A few of you asked to see the badges... here you go!

Badges1

All first editions of Volume 2 come with a one-off Atari poster. Question, should we go with an 8-Bit theme or a 16-bit them for the poster (or dare I say it, 64-Bit!)?

Shipping Update #6

Shipping update: all orders upto #10056 have shipped as of today (with your free poster and sticker).

• 2 weeks later...

Got a mention in Retro Gamer magazine (Issue #194, May 2019) - You can view a sampler here https://issuu.com/fu...cs/ret194.issuu

Less than 10 copies remain of Volume one (First Editions). If you have asked me to "hold" a copy I will be sending e-mails soon to confirm your intent, otherwise I will have to release these back for sale in the next few weeks.

Thanks guys.

Hi everyone,

Shipping Update #7

Shipping update: all orders upto #10069 have shipped out (with your free poster and sticker).

Volume Two Update:

Posters have been ordered and I have a special vinyl Falcon030 sticker to throw in with the first 50 copies of Volume 2 when they are printed. I'm just making some final proofing corrections (you can never proof enough™), and making sure I am ready to say "go" to my printer when the last few copies are finally sold. All going well, Volume 2 will be ready for sale in July/August.

Cheers, and thanks to all my fellow Atari nuts!

Hello, just a quick note that I have bowed down to social media and did the Twitter thing... got a lot of requests to do it, so I did it ;-)

https://twitter.com/zafinnbooks

Still have no idea what I am doing, but my eldest son does, so I'll keep asking him ;-)

Less than 10 copies of We Love Atari Volume One officially left...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Atarians :-)

Quick update for you on Volume 2. Proofing is on-going right now, and as soon as I sign off on the final document I'll let you know. I will be releasing the last 5 copies of Volume One today, these were copies held for people who couldn't commit at this time, so they have let me release them for sale.

If you did purchase a copy, how about getting a free vinyl bumper sticker? Go here https://twitter.com/zafinnbooks/status/1138064466065657856 for details....

Take care out there!

Edited by Zafinn Books

Hi all my fellow Atarians ;-)

Just a quick update for those of you interested in Volume Two of We Love Atari (84-96):

I have released the last 5 copies of Volume One (First Editions) which were being held for some people, but they can't commit to at this time. I am letting them go for sale now so I can pay for the next print run.

Volume Two is on target for a release by August (or earlier!).

I have been asked will there be a re-print of Volume One - While I can't be 100% sure right now, I might bite the bullet and do a smaller run in Q4 for anybody who missed it the first time around. Keep an eye on the website and Twitter for any announcements.

https://twitter.com/zafinnbooks/status/1138831766192607232

I appreciate all the support (and feedabck) I've had from AA members here and I'm glad we share such a great passion for the company we love so much (not so sure about my wife though!)...

• Like 1

Shame you don't sell digital versions of the book. 73 USD after shipping is a bit high for me.

I know, but International shipping via Registered mail is expensive these days my friend. As per the website, I can ship standard mail at your own risk for €57 (~$64). It's the same for me over this side of the Atlantic, shipping rates are crazy now :-(

I mentioned before that if a few AA members wanted to club together I could ship a multiple order which would save some $$$ on shipping, but you'd need to distribute to each other at your end.

I'm working hard to see if I can reduce the costs of Volume Two without reducing quality or page count, but I can't guarantee anything at this point.

Pigeons aren't strong enough to ship the book either (we tried, but they seemed to stuggle with nearly 1KG tied to their little legs...)*

* No pigeons were ever harmed or used... obviously!

Edited by Zafinn Books

I understand but it's also me leaning towards digital these days. You ever try carrying around the Atari - Business Is Fun book? Crack a few vertebrae you do it for too long. :-D

Edited by H.E.R.O.
  • Like 2

On 6/26/2019 at 9:55 PM, Machine said:

Any plans on Reprinting Volume 1? I want to order Vol. 1 & 2 together. If you find Volume One hiding somewhere, let me know and I will get both!

Hi Machine, thanks for the question.  I'm right bang in the middle of getting Volume Two ready, but I have had a lot of requests for Volume One just as I sold out!  Typical!  Anyway, I "hope" I can do a re-print of Volume One, if I sell all my Volume Two copies, that won't be an issue ?

Keep an eye here and on Twitter for more info.

Thank you.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

News from Zafinn Books:

In case you missed the (hidden) news on my Twitter page, Volume One will be reprinted within the next 3-4 weeks.  It is going to be a very limited re-print, with some set aside for "duo" orders (ie, Volume 1 and 2 together), and some available for anybody who may have missed it first time around.  These will be available on a first come first served basis, and no pre-orders will be taken.  I will post news here, on the website and the Twitter feed when it is available for sale.

It will be printed on the same gloss (coated) paper used in Volume Two and use the same binding etc.  Obviously, any of those nasty errors we found in the first print run have been corrected (thank you for the feedback!).

More news soon.

• Like 2

Re: Volume One Re-Print

I've had a flurry of e-mails asking me to "hold" copies of Volume One.  I have replied to all of them, but just to confirm I can't/won't hold books.  I did this before and only a few people actually got back to me, and when I was sold out, people were upset.  So, please wait for the announcement here, or on the website and my Twitter feed (link below).

And even though some of the e-mails were complellingly passionate ? there should be enough copies to satisfy everybody.

Thanks for your support and obvious passion!

Hi Not asking to hold anything but just wanted to say i will buy both when your ready to open orders I'm picky about what books i buy they can be pricey but I want to support a small publisher And the images of the content looks great

• Like 1