IGNORED

Just bought unknown gaming machine.

I do'nt see any mention of a video game type on it. My best guess would be games on VCD, kinda like Philips CD-i.

It might even be CD-i compatible as yes, some Chinese makers have been including CD-i compatibility in their machines (some spotted being able to play CD-i as late as 2012!).

Another possibility is, if you have a disc provided with it, that as you supposed, it come with a Famicom emulator that play ROMS from a disk. I've seen a few of those as well.

The Famicom emulator is the most likely, but games on VCD or CD-i would be much more cool :P

Edit : after looking a bit, it is probably a "Super Game VCD 3000" compatible system, and the disc indeed contain NES/Famicom ROMS :

Edited by CatPix

I do'nt see any mention of a video game type on it. My best guess would be games on VCD, kinda like Philips CD-i.

It might even be CD-i compatible as yes, some Chinese makers have been including CD-i compatibility in their machines (some spotted being able to play CD-i as late as 2012!).

Another possibility is, if you have a disc provided with it, that as you supposed, it come with a Famicom emulator that play ROMS from a disk. I've seen a few of those as well.

The Famicom emulator is the most likely, but games on VCD or CD-i would be much more cool :P

Edit : after looking a bit, it is probably a "Super Game VCD 3000" compatible system, and the disc indeed contain NES/Famicom ROMS :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMOESm656bk

Are any of these CD-I clones of decent quality and/or easily obtainable?

There was a list on the World of CD-i site, but it's down for now. They are apparently decent, but I don't think they come with controllers (and may not even feature controller ports for some of them).

On the other hand, they are interesting since the most recent come with a larger memory chip that is Flash and not battery backed.

Also, the Chinese manufacturers might not even list CD-i in the list of compatible stuff so it's very hit and miss, and more miss than hit.

• Like 2

I'm digging you got me curious. So far I got this through google translation.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fi&u=https://www.huuto.net/kohteet/pelikonsoli-karaoke-cd-soitin-mikrofoni-vahvistin-mp3-soitin/492375649&prev=search

I don't think it's for gaming, just other forums of music and video entertainment.

That is excat same machine I bought 10€.

Edited by utri007

This one doesn't have a remote, wich is needed with game menus in article. Though article machine doesn't seems to have buttons like this have.

It doesn't have game disk either, I ques I need to dig it from internet. But maybe I should wait until I get it, it migh be something else.

There was a list on the World of CD-i site, but it's down for now. They are apparently decent, but I don't think they come with controllers (and may not even feature controller ports for some of them).

On the other hand, they are interesting since the most recent come with a larger memory chip that is Flash and not battery backed.

Also, the Chinese manufacturers might not even list CD-i in the list of compatible stuff so it's very hit and miss, and more miss than hit.

What was the site ? Have you ever heard of "way back machine " ?

http://archive.org/web/web.php

This site rocks if your trying to find older info or a site that has been down for YEARS or even a few months. It takes a full snapshot of websites and has been doing it for a LONG time.

This is one my favorite sites when I am looking up info on retro sites/products...

Edited by TheCoolDave
  • Like 2

Here's NES World's article on VCD players with Famicom emulators built in: http://www.nesworld.com/pirate-asahi301.php

Even when my machine look totally different, it seems to be same machine.

Game controllers has these kind of connectors, anyone know about these?

Actual mother board is really small

post-62378-0-15273500-1551997947_thumb.jpg

post-62378-0-21375700-1551998050_thumb.jpg

post-62378-0-29819800-1551998052_thumb.jpg

Edited by utri007

It could be wired to Neogeo standard or sinilar, that supports up to 6 buttons. Actually the gamepad doesn't seem to have shoulder buttons...

It's not compatible with Famicom, but a much simpler wiring where each pin is one button.

Famicom and SNES use a serial interface instead with less pins. The Famicom connector can allow 2 players if I remember correctly.

Edited by Newsdee