IGNORED

ABBUC Software Contest 2019

freetz

On 10/16/2019 at 10:55 PM, freetz said:

Since the ABBUC annual convention is getting close, I just would like to remind those members with membership numbers 149, 237, 357 and 398 to please get in touch with me via PN or e-mail so that they can re-cast their votes due to the missing "Block on Legs" entry. Thanks!

thanks "Block On Legs" needs all those votes too (to him they taste like gems)  ?

The updated v1.1 is pretty much ready to go, now with 20 levels and much better movement. Have created some more structured levels too:

202427250_BOLLvl18.png.c210a8077f6ad0d8fded9f1dea51f014.png1720863939_BOLLvl19.png.80b0464b597864a7dcad7681c30a1615.png1018853570_BOLLvl19a.png.67c9f52a1106a9f77e82be91ceb9f530.png1238633188_BOLLvl20.png.aa278875dcd34bf7a0108d820afa6a27.png902235222_BOLLvl20a.png.72199b848299a678eaaa937a4023e19c.png

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

• Like 5

As tomorrow's ABBUC annual convention nears, it is time to say goodbye (in my capacity as organizer of the software contest). For reasons explained on last year's convention, I won't be available for this position anymore and my to-be-elected successor will handle things from here on. A big thank you to all contributers over the last three contests and everyone who helped making the contest better thorugh constructive criticism. This is what will keep the Atari and its community alive for a long long time.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, freetz said:

As tomorrow's ABBUC annual convention nears, it is time to say goodbye (in my capacity as organizer of the software contest). For reasons explained on last year's convention, I won't be available for this position anymore and my to-be-elected successor will handle things from here on. A big thank you to all contributers over the last three contests and everyone who helped making the contest better thorugh constructive criticism. This is what will keep the Atari and its community alive for a long long time.

Danke für die Arbeit!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know I did this for the ATR images of 2019, have not looked at the older images, but think I also did remove adress and bank account data there...

Besides, here are the results (a little bit more readable than above):

1   Dungeon Hunt 2      351 points
2   Castle Defender       343 points
3   multi 10                  315 points
4   Train 3                    304 points
5   ATR Maker Deluxe    254 points
6   ATFILE 1.1              247 points
7   Full House Poker      245 points
8   601F                       239 points
9   Warriors                  230 points
10   B.O.L.: First Steps 214 points

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, CharlieChaplin said:

I know I did this for the ATR images of 2019, have not looked at the older images, but think I also did remove adress and bank account data there...

Gorgh meant the PDF manual downloadable from ABBUC site (asc.abbuc.de), not the ATR images.

Thanks to all participants :)

I've published the results, screenshots, gameplay videos on AtariOnline.pl

Edited by +Adam+
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Irgendwer said:

256€ for the first place in an 8-bit software contest. What a coincidence!

Glad my proposal found its way into the rules...

...as I guess overall contentment of the participants is now higher...

Yeah, makes much more sense imho. Everybody wins :)

Overal nice entries, lots of good will and effort. Lets make next year compo even better !

Congratulations to everyone !

• Like 3

On 10/25/2019 at 12:27 PM, freetz said:

Thank you very much Frederik !  I really appreciate all your hard work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

I'd just like to say a big thank you to all the members of the ABBUC Board (past and present) for organising the software competition, and to all the ABBUC members that voted or tried out ATR Maker Deluxe. This was the first software competition I have entered, and I found it very exciting. Naturally I am very pleased to have come fifth on my first attempt!

I have uploaded the original (version 1.0) sources (and disk images) to https://github.com/e474/ATRMaker - at the moment I am part way through converting ATR Maker Deluxe from screen writes to using the S: device editor, and adding additional features, so I don't have any updated sources to share. I did identify a couple of bugs (random/garbage characters sometimes appear on the lowest text line, and you can only enter a maximum of 7 characters for a file name - 8 causes the program to crash!), I will upload a fixed version in the next couple of days, but I would like to make the original version available for anyone who has not had access to it.

Thanks again, and I would welcome any feedback on ATR Maker Deluxe!

• Like 5

Congratulations to everyone, and I encourage everyone to put something together for next year and keep this alive. Obviously I was disappointed to come last but my original intention was just to get something in to support the contest, the final version of Block on Legs is a much more playable than the abbuc one - I just ran out of time. I'm forcing myself to keep playing and tweaking the levels to make them a bit easier but as there are now 20 it's a bit of a pain in the butt. Hope to release the game soon!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

For BAHA Software, I can say that winning the 4th place was the best way to conclude our beloved TRAIN series.

Now you can download the game from our website. And yes, there is a dual-track tape version too.

We would like to thank ABBUC for organizing the contest and wish good luck for the future years.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hello Everybody,

at the annual meeting of the ABBUC I was elected as the new leader of the software ressort. My first job was to announce the results of the 2019 software copmetition.
Here you can read the official result of the 2019 ABBUC software competion:

http://www.abbuc.de/atari/software-ressort

The attendees will soon get an email from me, I need to have the bank details.

Also you can send me these informations here on Atariage via PN.

As you can see on the table, everyone gets some money :-).

Gruss, Holger

• Like 5

On 11/1/2019 at 2:05 PM, holgibo said:

Hello Everybody,

at the annual meeting of the ABBUC I was elected as the new leader of the software ressort. My first job was to announce the results of the 2019 software copmetition.
Here you can read the official result of the 2019 ABBUC software competion:

http://www.abbuc.de/atari/software-ressort

The attendees will soon get an email from me, I need to have the bank details.

Also you can send me these informations here on Atariage via PN.

As you can see on the table, everyone gets some money :-).

Gruss, Holger

Danke Holger.

as the table shows I don’t see any reason not to take part... even it’s just 50 euro which you could

spend for some retro stuff. ;)

• 1 year later...