IGNORED

Harmony Cartridge/Everdrive for the 7800

Pinballs

23 hours ago, batari said:

Would anyone be interested in a low-cost, limited run flashcart or would you rather wait for Concerto or other flashcarts being developed right now?

Definitely interested in one "right now"! Yes and Please. If there's a list of people you need before you embark on this limited run, please put me on it. I'd also be in the market for Concerto and other flashcarts thereafter as well. :) 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, batari said:

I do still have the parts to make about a dozen more Concertos, but haven't made any more in years because I wasn't sure the hardware would not change. For a while I was taking a new direction with Concerto and the firmware would not have been compatible. I did not want to sell any more knowing that things may change. I had already promised existing Concerto owners that they could upgrade when the new version comes out. (though, this promise only makes sense if the hardware does actually change.)

However, now I am planning to try to breathe new life into the existing Concerto design by revisiting the firmware. If I can get the firmware to be reliable, then those existing Concerto boards I have would be salable again and existing Concerto could update their firmware to the new version, and new Concertos could be based on the existing hardware (the specs would be unchanged, but current Concerto is not very production-friendly the IC count could be reduced.)

As for the new direction I was taking (but it's not working out as I planned): This is a more basic 7800 flashcart, a low-cost design, one that doesn't play all 7800 games, but should handle a decent percentage of the library. I mentioned this in another thread, and I might have said this is the new Concerto. But, the architecture is different enough that this shouldn't be called a Concerto. (thinking of "Concertino" which is a diminutive version of a concerto.)

Good news about "Concertino" is it could be ready for release by mid-summer. The unfortunate part is I have run into supply constraints and would have to release in limited runs. Would anyone be interested in a low-cost, limited run flashcart or would you rather wait for Concerto or other flashcarts being developed right now?

If there is a list, please put me on it. Want one!

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 1:06 PM, batari said:

I do still have the parts to make about a dozen more Concertos, but haven't made any more in years because I wasn't sure the hardware would not change. For a while I was taking a new direction with Concerto and the firmware would not have been compatible. I did not want to sell any more knowing that things may change. I had already promised existing Concerto owners that they could upgrade when the new version comes out. (though, this promise only makes sense if the hardware does actually change.)

However, now I am planning to try to breathe new life into the existing Concerto design by revisiting the firmware. If I can get the firmware to be reliable, then those existing Concerto boards I have would be salable again and existing Concerto could update their firmware to the new version, and new Concertos could be based on the existing hardware (the specs would be unchanged, but current Concerto is not very production-friendly the IC count could be reduced.)

Highly interested in getting my hands on a Concerto from you.  If you do make more with this new breath of life into the existing design (or not).  I am definitely interested in either (or both) scenarios.

On 5/30/2020 at 1:06 PM, batari said:

As for the new direction I was taking (but it's not working out as I planned): This is a more basic 7800 flashcart, a low-cost design, one that doesn't play all 7800 games, but should handle a decent percentage of the library. I mentioned this in another thread, and I might have said this is the new Concerto. But, the architecture is different enough that this shouldn't be called a Concerto. (thinking of "Concertino" which is a diminutive version of a concerto.)

Good news about "Concertino" is it could be ready for release by mid-summer. The unfortunate part is I have run into supply constraints and would have to release in limited runs. Would anyone be interested in a low-cost, limited run flashcart or would you rather wait for Concerto or other flashcarts being developed right now?

When Concertino comes to fruition, I am interested in obtaining one of them as well.

Thank you for keeping at the development.  It is appreciated.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 10:06 AM, batari said:

I do still have the parts to make about a dozen more Concertos, but haven't made any more in years because I wasn't sure the hardware would not change.

Very interested! Please put me on the list for purchasing a Concerto!

On 5/30/2020 at 10:06 AM, batari said:

Good news about "Concertino" is it could be ready for release by mid-summer.

Also very interested, please put me on the list for the Concertino!

I've been playing more and more A7800 games on ZeroPage Homebrew and it would be EXTREMELY useful not having to play them on an emulator. Real hardware is much more fun!

- James

• Like 3

POKEY $450 would be really nice but I understand if you can't. SRAM compatibility is a must for me personally. Activision's bankswitching on Rampage and Double Dragon has been sorted in the past so I'm sure if someone else got to go, you will surely be able to figure it out :)I would greatly prefer to buy a full on Concerto over a Concerto Lite.

On 6/1/2020 at 1:20 AM, Shawn said:

POKEY $450 would be really nice but I understand if you can't. SRAM compatibility is a must for me personally. Activision's bankswitching on Rampage and Double Dragon has been sorted in the past so I'm sure if someone else got to go, you will surely be able to figure it out :)I would greatly prefer to buy a full on Concerto over a Concerto Lite.

That bankswitching worked on the previous Concerto cart, so I think he already has it sorted. The added POKEY address didn't though, so that would be key.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...