IGNORED

825 Ribbons

Mechanicjay

Hi All,

I have 2 non-functional 825 printers, which I'm about to combine into one working unit, however, I don't have a ribbon.

I've been searching around, but I can't find a source for these, apparently loose-in-a-bag mobius strip ribbons?

Anyone have a source, or measurements for a possible substitution?

Thanks,

Jason

Hi All,

I have 2 non-functional 825 printers, which I'm about to combine into one working unit, however, I don't have a ribbon.

I've been searching around, but I can't find a source for these, apparently loose-in-a-bag mobius strip ribbons?

Anyone have a source, or measurements for a possible substitution?

Thanks,

Jason

Have you tried best electronics? I am fairly sure they had some

I buy all my ribbons from Ribbons Unlimited. They have everything. I did a blog post about using them for 820 ribbons and 1025 ribbons. I don't think they list the 825 specifically but email them what you are looking for. They are quite responsive and a pleasure to work with. They worked with me on finding the 820 ribbon. Be sure and post what you find. I plan on getting an 825 printer sometime and will go through this again for that.

1025-Ribbon-and-Paper-258x300.jpg

Edited by scitari
  • Like 2

Regarding 825's... Expect many at this time and their age to have dried out capacitors on their power section, replacements are readily available from digikey, jamesco and mouser. Those old Centronic's 737 system boards were only supposed to be expected to be used for 3-5 years maximum, I don't think anyone ever envisioned they'd still be in use nearly 40 years later :-)

• Like 3

Regarding 825's... Expect many at this time and their age to have dried out capacitors on their power section, replacements are readily available from digikey, jamesco and mouser. Those old Centronic's 737 system boards were only supposed to be expected to be used for 3-5 years maximum, I don't think anyone ever envisioned they'd still be in use nearly 40 years later :-)

Surprisingly, the new cable I just got solved the issue I was having, so that's kind of amazing. It all just works.

Have a couple inquiries out for new ribbons nothing yet. 10 days till VCF....tick tock

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I solved the ribbon issue and the printer was running and active for VCF.

I bought a ribbon for an Epson LQ-590. The ribbon cartridge is about the same size as the ribbon holder area on the 825 and the ribbon height looked right. I cracked open the ribbon cart for the Espon, and carefully transferred the ribbon over the 825...done. Perfect. Total cost $0.25 at a surplus shop :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1