IGNORED

My "White Whale": a YPbPr Component Mod for INTELLIVISION

HeadcolorsTV

The title pretty much says it all. Has no one attempted/succeed at this? Google searches are fruitless. I feel like, out of several billions of people alive today, I may be the ONE person looking to output my Intellivision via Component. ??‍♂️ I'm weird like that, I guess.

It's cheaper than an rgb to hdmi converter. Which existing rgb mod are you referring to? Emerson is working on one in the other thread, not sure what his plans are with it.

I should probably clarify: I'm using a Sony Wega CRT. For this, HDMI/VGA mods are pretty much useless to me.

And yes, I did catch Emerson's mod thread. Iirc, he was only developing it for personal use. The existing mod I was referring to is the Kono mod.

Yes, Emerson mentioned he does not intend to sell kits but did talk about end users and is doing a lot of testing. Maybe a pcb of his design and parts will be available.

And I was just trying to say that the rgb to YPbPr converter is not all that expensive. And they might become rare as YPbPr inputs on modern TVs are disappearing.

• 1 month later...

The title pretty much says it all. Has no one attempted/succeed at this? Google searches are fruitless. I feel like, out of several billions of people alive today, I may be the ONE person looking to output my Intellivision via Component. ‍♂️ I'm weird like that, I guess.

If I were in your shoes I would find a RGB mod first then sit something in series with it.
Any console with RGB can be modded to Ypbpr and vice versa.
Its alot easier if that console has a negative rail but it can be done on a single supply.
I like using a single 5v supply because you can pretty much count on any console having it so the design wouldn't change.
You specifically need: a clock source, BH7236AF, two op amps with high slew rate, RGB inputs, TTL sync active low. Then a ton of resistors and capacitors.
If you dont have a clock or TTL sync that complicates things but can be solved with more stuff,
I can build what you would need but you would be on your own as far as installing/testing.
I have made basically the circuit listed above many times and it looks great.
I however always assume there is a "right" way to do things and that I am never currently doing it.
The good part of that circuit is you get RGBs, Ypbpr, Y/C, and Composite all in one small package.
TLDR worry about getting RGB out first then the rest can be done easily.