IGNORED

Atari Lynx Programmer Pi Hat Orders

Igor

5 hours ago, Igor said:

Very cool! I've got an update on the case situation for the PiHat, I just need to find some time in my schedule to put up new photos and purchasing info. Here are some pics though...

IMG_6555.thumb.jpg.1aea9d79d32490a3a3294097d6281c8b.jpg

Can't you make the srew hole on top a bit wider, so the that the screw-heads fit cleanly to the surface?

On 12/20/2019 at 4:05 PM, 42bs said:

Can't you make the srew hole on top a bit wider, so the that the screw-heads fit cleanly to the surface?

I tried this but prints don't come out very nice that way. Printing bridged areas is not so simple.

15 minutes ago, Igor said:

The screws I'm using are flat, they are not countersunk. Really don't see an issue with the design...

Not an issue. But it hurts a little bit the estatic feeling. But, in the end, one should be able to use a small sinker.

• 1 month later...

Got the email, will respond. For @42bs - I've been working on the countersunk version and it's looking nice now. Had some issues with my y-axis belt on the 3D printer though, so had a bit of a delay in getting that fixed (not fun when the ambient temperature in the garage is 32C+)

• Like 1

Ok so the final design of the Raspberry Pi case is done. The screws are countersunk and the printing is nice and crisp. The only concession I had to make is that if you want to replace the SD card, you have to take the case apart - not a big deal I think.

I'm starting to get in contact and ship out orders to everyone on the waiting list too. I've got enough components for a batch of around 10 at the moment.

IMG_7325.thumb.jpeg.1ccfaec8312c59017ee1af0273e95f5c.jpeg

IMG_7324.thumb.jpeg.6491681b617258a45b26d464b32bc0fd.jpeg

IMG_7323.thumb.jpeg.aefde238d8600195d2eac077a3e6478a.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies to anyone I've contacted and haven't followed up with. I've been of ill health last couple of weeks and the medications have had some unpleasant side effects. I'm getting back to normal now and will be back in touch and building boards again shortly.

• 1 month later...

just found this thread, and am interested in acquireing it,  there doesnt seem to be any PCBs available.  is that something that will be produced again?  if this is not correct where can the PCBs for these be purchased?