IGNORED

Atari Lynx Programmer Pi Hat Orders

Igor

36 minutes ago, omf said:

just found this thread, and am interested in acquireing it,  there doesnt seem to be any PCBs available.  is that something that will be produced again?  if this is not correct where can the PCBs for these be purchased?

Karri has them, but at the moment stopped the shipping. I need some new PCBs too.

Songbird bought a stock of PCBs to produce new carts, maybe he can sell some PCBs. Try to PM him (if you are in the US this can be convenient for the lower shipping cost).

The only other option is to buy yourself a big number of cart from a producer (the project is open surce) and sell part of them to us for the next years. But probably you don't want to make such an investment.

I've stopped shipping the programmer boards out too, there is just no point right now with all the restrictions. Domestic mail that usually takes 2-3 days is taking 3 or more weeks to arrive. I imagine international would be even worse. Buy like Karri, I will be ready to ship more boards once the restrictions are lifted. Thanks for your interest!

9 minutes ago, Igor said:

Domestic mail that usually takes 2-3 days is taking 3 or more weeks to arrive.

Wow, so bad down under? Here in Germany, there is at max. one day delay as compared to before-Corona.

Yeah it's become quite terrible. Lots of domestic flights are cancelled (I think 90%) so that doesn't help and resources have been diverted to supplying food for the elderly, etc.

5 minutes ago, Igor said:

Yeah it's become quite terrible. Lots of domestic flights are cancelled (I think 90%) so that doesn't help and resources have been diverted to supplying food for the elderly, etc.

Oh, yes, forgot about the sheer size of Australia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2019 at 6:15 PM, Igor said:

I've been working on an updated design of Karri's programmer board and discussed making more of these with him, he's given me the go-ahead. This version is a "Pi Hat" design. It slots in on top of a Raspberry Pi 2 GPIO connector and has standoffs to secure it in place. The board uses a proper Lynx cartridge connector, not pogo pins. In addition there are a couple of indicator LEDs to show activity/error status.

Hi!  I've been reading insights from all of you for years; thanks for that!  I've also been working on a Lynx game for months, so I finally have a reason to comment here.  Is there an updated ETA on the production Pi-Hat cart writer?  I'm wanting to purchase one as soon as they're in the store, along with a case, ten (or more) boards, and ten (or more) cartridge shells.  Thank you so much for all of the solutions developers here have contributed, especially this cart writer! 

Edited by Chocolatchips
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Chocolatchips said:

Hi!  I've been reading insights from all of you for years; thanks for that!  I've also been working on a Lynx game for months, so I finally have a reason to comment here.  Is there an updated ETA on the production Pi-Hat cart writer?  I'm wanting to purchase one as soon as they're in the store, along with a case, ten (or more) boards, and ten (or more) cartridge shells.  Thank you so much for all of the solutions developers here have contributed, especially this cart writer! 

No real ETA right now because of the whole COVID19 situation. Postage has been severely affected, I'm in Australia so I could build this for you and send it but who knows when it will arrive. Send me a message and we can discuss it. I've certainly got enough components to fulfil all of the current pre-orders and anything new that comes up.

Have you joined the programming contest for this year? https://itch.io/jam/lynx2020

On 5/21/2020 at 12:36 AM, Igor said:

No real ETA right now because of the whole COVID19 situation. Postage has been severely affected, I'm in Australia so I could build this for you and send it but who knows when it will arrive. Send me a message and we can discuss it. I've certainly got enough components to fulfil all of the current pre-orders and anything new that comes up.

Have you joined the programming contest for this year? https://itch.io/jam/lynx2020

Thanks for responding.  Yes, that's understandable.  There's no rush; I still have a great deal of work to do, anyway.  I would just like to get in line so that I don't miss the opportunity for the outstanding solution you're providing.  I'll send a private message. 

I'm aware of the contest, but my current work doesn't fit the criteria.  I also don't want to rush.  Thanks for pointing it out, though!  I hope the contest yields results similar to the 30th Anniversary! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to thanks Karri and Igor for their great work. I recently stumbled on an old hard drive that had many development files from 16 years ago.

Thanks to the Pi-Hat I could flash the pong clone I was working on at the time, it was great to test it for the first time on a real Lynx!

IMG_20200702_180554_.thumb.jpg.139e32df9aee58cf36cb95fbdc880da3.jpgIMG_20200702_171431_.thumb.jpg.60281e282b6691019630be2930d573b9.jpg

Edited by D-lag
  • Like 6

On 7/2/2020 at 12:24 PM, D-lag said:

I just wanted to thanks Karri and Igor for their great work. I recently stumbled on an old hard drive that had many development files from 16 years ago.

Thanks to the Pi-Hat I could flash the pong clone I was working on at the time, it was great to test it for the first time on a real Lynx!

IMG_20200702_180554_.thumb.jpg.139e32df9aee58cf36cb95fbdc880da3.jpgIMG_20200702_171431_.thumb.jpg.60281e282b6691019630be2930d573b9.jpg

Is that one of Igor's case? Or one you made up? It looks different then the one he posted in the first post.

It looks beautiful in yellow! Yes that is the older version of the case. I thought I published the latest edition but I guess I didn't, will add that to my to-do list. I've still got @karri's purple silk case sitting here waiting for postage times to improve. Looks like it's much better now so I might start building the rest of these boards again soon.

55 minutes ago, Igor said:

It looks beautiful in yellow! Yes that is the older version of the case. I thought I published the latest edition but I guess I didn't, will add that to my to-do list. I've still got @karri's purple silk case sitting here waiting for postage times to improve. Looks like it's much better now so I might start building the rest of these boards again soon.

Purple Silk... I LOVE IT.

Time to go sailing and enjoying outdoors. I have been back to work for 2 weeks now and most restrictions are history. We will probably live with a smallish COVID ripple forever. So no traveling to/from Sweden, US, Russia until they get rid of the pandemic. But Norway, Denmark, Estonia and most of EU is open for business again.

Daily infections in Finland today.
1005230837_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0809-50-58.thumb.png.0c6ae92cbbf39848d3a08b302d8fae14.png

1 hour ago, Igor said:

here waiting for postage times to improve. Looks like it's much better now so I might start building the rest of these boards again soon.

Is it still that worse down under? Ordered last week something from Mouser which was sent from Texas and arrived within Germany in 3 days.

8 minutes ago, karri said:

Purple Silk... I LOVE IT.

Time to go sailing and enjoying outdoors. I have been back to work for 2 weeks now and most restrictions are history. We will probably live with a smallish COVID ripple forever. So no traveling to/from Sweden, US, Russia until they get rid of the pandemic. But Norway, Denmark, Estonia and most of EU is open for business again.

Daily infections in Finland today.
1005230837_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0809-50-58.thumb.png.0c6ae92cbbf39848d3a08b302d8fae14.png

Looks like Finland also had lock-down and suggests using masks (never saw Finland be mentioned news here in Germany).

Edited by 42bs

1 hour ago, 42bs said:

Looks like Finland also had lock-down and suggests using masks (never saw Finland be mentioned news here in Germany).

yes. We had total lockdown starting on 17th of March. The area where I live was sealed off from the rest of Finland. So you could not get in or out from the Uusimaa-region. They had police blocks on all main roads at the border between Uusimaa and rest of Finland. After 3 months and one week they opened up again. I stayed home for the whole time. Except for walking in the woods for one or two hours per day. The company where I work at ordered everyone to work from home using Teams and remote tools for pretty much everything. Now after the lockdown we found out that it did not affect our operations or sales much.

1 minute ago, karri said:

Now after the lockdown we found out that it did not affect our operations or sales much.

Same here. Swapped from one day/week homeoffice BC (before corona) to one day/2 weeks office ? w/o any problem.

Even area-lockdown, wow, that is tough, but with Finlands topographic easier to achieve then here. 

14 hours ago, karri said:

The official limit for re-opening is 8 new cases in two weeks per 100 000.

That is low. Here they say, from 50 up per 100,000 there will be again a regional lock-down unless it is a local outbreak (like in old people's home or hospital).

@42bs yes postage is still bad, I've mailed a parcel to France this week and the estimate was minimum 4 weeks. One of our states is going into complete lock down due to a second wave of infections so that will disrupt a fair amount of domestic postage I think. The state I live in has had 1 new case in the last 2 weeks so it's relatively safe here and most restrictions are lifted now. Things are slowly getting back to normal.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I've built another batch of these boards and will be getting in contact with people about sending them out. I've got enough parts for another small batch so I think I'll be able to close out all of the current orders in the next couple of weeks.

• Like 3