IGNORED

Atari Lynx Programmer Pi Hat Orders

Igor

9 hours ago, Nop90 said:

I'll try to do it.

EDIT: the protocol seems very easy (easier and faster than the other chip), will try to modify the existing protocol to work on this EEPROM chip. The good thing is that the protocol is exacly the same for all the 24AAXXX chips (up to 512 bits, the 24AA1025 has a little difference).

I really appreciate it. If the protocol is the same then it does not really matter which chip I use. So I may go for a small batch with a 64k chip. The extra memory could come in handy in my music creation application to store rhythms and melodies while you are working on the patterns.

How do you all unpanelize/depanelize the PCB's for programmable game cards? Is there a way to do this safely (without SMD damage) without a specialized tool? I've separated mouse-bite arrays before using regular cutters, but that doesn't seem as promising for these V-groove arrays

Edited by bsittler
Added missing sentence

The 2020 production boards are here! I'll be getting in touch with people who expressed interest in ordering them.

If you want to order another one, get in contact with me or leave a message on here.

IMG_0365.thumb.jpeg.7a200a77b5ba46075a221f2a293ad49c.jpeg

2 hours ago, Igor said:

The 2020 production boards are here! I'll be getting in touch with people who expressed interest in ordering them.

If you want to order another one, get in contact with me or leave a message on here.

IMG_0365.thumb.jpeg.7a200a77b5ba46075a221f2a293ad49c.jpeg

Great news!  Sending you a PM as I would like to order one.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi everyone! If you've been waiting for a reply from me, I've been in hospital for the past week with wife and our newborn. I'll get around to answering messages when things have settled a little bit in a week or so. I'm hoping they discharge us tomorrow so we can go home.

One of my 3D printers also broke, this is the one I typically use to print the Pi-Hat cases, have replacement parts on the way, but I'll try to make the same cases on my other printer meanwhile.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had to add a new condition to being put on the order list unfortunately due to the behaviour of a number of people -

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY A 10EUR NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT TO HAVE YOUR NAME ADDED TO THE ORDER LIST. This deposit will be applied as a discount on your final invoice. This has been enacted due to how many people have expressed interest in ordering and either have not replied or cancelled when their order was ready to ship out. Please don't ruin it more for others.

All of the current orders will not be affected, but going forward this will be a requirement as I'm sick of wasting time contacting people only to find out that they either don't have the skill to use the PiHat or simply do not bother to reply back to me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 1:28 AM, Fadest said:

Did someone made some test with the Pi Hat on a Raspberry Pi 4 ?

I just bought one, made a fresh install, configures the new Pihat and it is quite 2 times longer than my old Pi 3.

512kb ROM on Pi3 : 244 seconds

512kb ROM on Pi4 : around 480 seconds

I've just tested on both and I'm getting around 450s on both, which is not what my previous tests have shown, so I'll need to look into this more...

It's either that or SPI driver settings on the Pi (I've got a new Raspbian install).

I tried combining some writes so that the SPI buffers are used more effectively, unfortunately that doesn't work and I get bad data. I'll need to dig into it more.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bobandted said:

Is it still possible to get the curved lip 3D printed cartridges?

Yep, send me a message and we can arrange something. I have a bunch that are ready to be shipped (grey colour).

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've got some newly made SMT Lynx Cart connectors now and there are 3 Pi 'HAT's left. The design is a little different due to the new cart connector, but the rest of the PCB and components are the same. I'll not be making any more after these are gone as we are shifting focus to the JoeyLynx instead. The JoeyLynx is a USB-C device that can read Lynx cartridges, it appears as an external drive and the ROM is just a file on it called ROM.LNX. It can also write ROMs to supported flash carts.