42 minutes ago, necrocia said:

Hey thanks Nop90, I'll add that as an argument that can be passed in.

Karri - Pi4, nice! I'd like to see some timing information for programming a cart...

I will implement that also. But the real need is theater light/sound control, dual HDMI outputs where you can beam out the 2nd screen with perfect music sync while using screen 1 for control.

There may also be a new DiscoHat v 2 with some new features I have been dreaming of.

This is my 3rd hobby https://www.discohat.com

This year I will be on stage as "Richard I of England" or just "Richard the Lionheart" for friends.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, necrocia said:

Hey thanks Nop90, I'll add that as an argument that can be passed in.

Better make it the default behaviour: since the code clears the whole EEPROM before writing data, there is really no need to repeat writing the last block content until the end of the eeprom.

• Like 1

I am using a lot of LED snakes for effects. You can program them individually using the SPI interface. Here with a friendy RED panic button. Lighted, of course. The blue buttons are also in different spots on stage so you can launch events while you are acting (doorbell, light switch, answer phone etc.) If something fails you can trigger the events from the touch screen or the Tardis console.

Tardis.thumb.jpg.d2b8729741f4475306c6816e6b6eb00f.jpg

The LED's can be controlled from the RGB panel. It applies to snakes and full RGB walls as well.

panel.thumb.jpg.4521bbc850c3d9571a3b39d217ba0acb.jpg

Here is a closeup of the control with a small LED fixture.

DMXonRPi3.thumb.jpg.23bdea939ec0c89194e7db9fe22c5228.jpg

Plus RPi controlling a snake. I have also controlled a LED snake with the Lynx using the address block lines and AUDIN ;)

snake.thumb.png.cc6aa7aade7c52f33e1564a4797accd4.png

The original "Shaken, not stirred" cart had 3 LED's for blinking blue/white while driving and turning red during fights.

If you wander where TARDIS comes from it is Truly Amazing Remote Disco Interface System that can also be controlled with a sonic screwdriver in addition to the obvious switches and buttons.

• Like 1