IGNORED

Atari Lynx Programmer Pi Hat Orders

Igor

So....here's the very first pi-hat assembled and ready to go. Testing all passed.

I'm still waiting for M2 screws that hold the cart connector in place (and boxes to send everything in).

This weekend I'll start building all the preorders and reaching out to people for payment probably a week after.

post-54616-0-83067800-1555494275_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

So the question is - who would like additional shells and what colours?

I'll get some, and I'll probably go for every colour you offer... lol There's nothing like variation...

But colours I'd like to see is definately "atari blue", "atari grey", "jaguar red", if it is at all possible. It's traditional retrocolours that we all love I think. Apart from the original lynx colour.

• Like 1

So the question is - who would like additional shells and what colours?

I would probably take 10, to go with Karri's 10 cart PCB boards.

Don't really care about colors, but if you look closely your Lynx, I guess that same grey or same orange would fit well in it

• Like 2

If possible, I want one. Please include me for a pi hat programmer on your order list too

Thank you.

Pre-order pricing is finished for now. I can put you on the list for after all the pre-orders are sent out. The price will be 10EUR more compared to pre-orders.

I would like to order 20 grey cart shells if possible. Already have the boards...

Cool, I'll order some dark grey filament then.

• Like 1

Pre-order pricing is finished for now. I can put you on the list for after all the pre-orders are sent out. The price will be 10EUR more compared to pre-orders.

Cool, I'll order some dark grey filament then.

Yes please, put me on the new list.

Thank You for all

• Like 1

Starting to assemble these boards and testing with 512k ROMs. In case anyone is interested this is what the output of the readcart and programcart looks like when testing a board...

# ./testboard.sh 
WRITING ROM
Chip manufacturer ID is bf, flash ID is b7
Flashing Lynx cart from ninjag3.lnx
Block size is 2048
Writing block 256 / 256 [ 100.00% ] Elapsed time is 358 seconds
Write complete, time taken was 360 seconds
Initialising SPI @ 10Mhz
Setting up programmer board
Turbo mode enabled
Cart size 512k with 2048b block size
Determining chip ID
Chip manufacturer ID is bf, flash ID is b7
Reading Lynx cart data to file cart.lyx
NOT Writing LNX header
Reading block 256 / 256 [ 100.00% ] Elapsed time is 30 seconds
Read complete, time taken was 30 seconds
CART MD5     :  c9ed2a3bdefd6d5fdf67302d87b5cfb2
CART EXPECTED:  c9ed2a3bdefd6d5fdf67302d87b5cfb2
TEST PASS

• Like 1

The first 5 are built and fully assembled now. Just waiting for boxes to arrive to ship them in.

I'll start contacting everyone on the pre-order list to finalise payments as I assemble more boards.

post-54616-0-99801900-1555987618_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I've managed to build another 10 but I've had a delay in 3D printing so I'll wait to contact more people until I've been able to catch up on printing all the cartridge shells.

By request I added a utility to work with LNX and LYX files. It's not full featured yet (there's no way to set header fields yet) but it's 80% there. Here's it's usage info...

Usage: romutil -2lyx|-2lnx|-i <romfile> [<romfile2>]
	-2lyx	Convert LNX ROM romfile to LYX ROM romfile2
	-2lnx	Convert LYX ROM romfile to LNX ROM romfile2 adding default header
	-cmp	Compare two ROMs, input can be LNX or LYX files
	-h	Show this summary and exit
	-i	Show LNX ROM header information

All the boards I've put together and tested so far had no problems with writing data to flash using the -turbo switch, however Karri said in the past he's come across some chips that can have failures with normal speed writing (not even turbo) so I'm going to add another option when writing cartridges to double verify each write.

• Like 1

By request I added a utility to work with LNX and LYX files. It's not full featured yet (there's no way to set header fields yet) but it's 80% there. Here's it's usage info...

Usage: romutil -2lyx|-2lnx|-i <romfile> [<romfile2>]
	-2lyx	Convert LNX ROM romfile to LYX ROM romfile2
	-2lnx	Convert LYX ROM romfile to LNX ROM romfile2 adding default header
	-cmp	Compare two ROMs, input can be LNX or LYX files
	-h	Show this summary and exit
	-i	Show LNX ROM header information

All the boards I've put together and tested so far had no problems with writing data to flash using the -turbo switch, however Karri said in the past he's come across some chips that can have failures with normal speed writing (not even turbo) so I'm going to add another option when writing cartridges to double verify each write.

Stupid question, but when you use -cmp they both have to be in the same format correct? It wont just ignore the LNX header and just look at the data?

The best way for it to properly get the CRC is for the files to be in LYX format without the headers just because the header data isn't static meaning you can change the header info and change the CRC.

I asked LX.net to be my guinea pig for these colours and he approves of them, so now everyone else can get them too :grin:

The grey is not as dark in real life, it's a few shades lighter than the original grey colour.

post-54616-0-77969700-1556688308_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I confirm that I want 10 shells with the programmer, a mix of blue orange and gray is ok.

I see that today you shipped the first two orders, What's the estimated time for completing the preorder list? (I'm near the bottom :( )

I've got about 14 more built already and I'm printing the shells as fast as I can. I can build another 10 in a weekend, the slow down is mostly the 3d printing. I hope to have it all shipped out by June.

Hello. Quick update. I've got 3 more boards and shells all ready to ship out. 9 more boards are in their boxes, awaiting printing of shells - I'll be sending invoices out for these shortly. Printing of shells isn't the quickest process, I can only really do around 6 a day so please be patient. I'm trying to do the 3 new colours in alteration, one a day - grey, orange, blue. There are around 17 shells already printed and ready to pack too.

post-54616-0-88653100-1557025365_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Karri! I hope to see some new 'killer' games like Wyvern Tales this year, On Duty may be that game, hopefully a few more will come out of the woods too!