IGNORED

Atari Lynx Programmer Pi Hat Orders

Igor

Alpine Games was still being sold for not so long ago. Circulating dumps like these in mame pack is bad news unless the dump was put there by the developers.

I don't care much for emulators, and somehow I doubt those who do would buy physical games anyway. ppl today are too used to getting everything digitally.

But you can check it out here: http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/?mess=alpineg&list=lynx

It's apparantly part of MAME's romset, but not supported.

There are other "recent" games in there aswell, if you look.

Hey All - I'm about half way to sending out the pre-orders. After that I will try and send out all the rest of the boards too, depending on timing though I might need to take a break. Thanks for all your support so far!

Another batch of boards made today. Will send these out of the next week. Will try to make another batch on the weekend.

Who's received their's already? Any issues/comments?

post-54616-0-44025100-1558418941_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Turbo! Nop90 - you'll b getting the next batch, I only have to make 5 more to complete all the pre-orders, then I need to get more parts to do the rest.

• Like 1

Awesome! What was the reason for the delay? I like that base support you have, I've been thinking of 3D printing something similar so that I can add some support on the base of my RPi2. I find that with every board that I test, the Pi bends so much taking the programmer hat off, it's going to snap some day!

Hope so, as long as people don't use them to make duplicates of existing carts (which I don't see the point in doing since all the ROMs are out there already).

• Like 1

Awesome! What was the reason for the delay? I like that base support you have, I've been thinking of 3D printing something similar so that I can add some support on the base of my RPi2. I find that with every board that I test, the Pi bends so much taking the programmer hat off, it's going to snap some day!

No good reason for the delay, customs are just slow. Reading and writing my first cart's today. Everything is working great. Fantastic work.

• Like 1

Great! I've been meaning to get around to updating more of the software side of things but between making more boards and 3D printing (it takes a long time to clean up each cart) I've not had time. Once all the pre-orders are complete I'll be adding a few more enhancements to the software. The plan is to make full use of the LED indicators to show activity/error/completion. Any suggestions for improvements are more than welcome.

• Like 1

I've tried out the pi-hat with a Raspberry Pi Zero W this weekend, after soldering in the 40 pin GPIO connector on the Pi. It works! There's a catch though, it's about 4 times slower on the Pi Zero vs on my Pi 2 B. So if you want to put up with the slow programming speed, use a Pi Zero, otherwise I would not recommend it.

post-54616-0-41505800-1558856439_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I switched to Pi 3B+ directly from PiZero. The difference is stunning.

But my latest "factory" is a StoneAge Lynx containing a Pi 3B+. And the original cart socket is used for flashing carts. So this does have a different PiHat that the ones seen before.

StoneAgeRetroPie.jpg

• Like 2

Has anyone managed to put Loderunner on a flash cart? Is it possible it uses some weird and exotic block size that's currently not supported? Or am I missing something?

cheers,

FliP

That ROM is an object file built using BLL I believe. It needs to be converted to a LYX or LNX file first. I tried to get the BLL toolkit (http://monlynx.de/lynx/bll.html) but the zip is not available for download any more. The Lynx SD can load this ROM so it should be a matter of adding an object loader to get it to work. Have a look in Program.c, LynxSD_ProgramHomebrew() - https://github.com/ikromin/atarilynx/blob/master/lynxsd-menu/src/c/LynxSD.c

• Like 1