IGNORED

ColecoVision diagnostics shield

ChildOfCv

On 7/11/2021 at 9:08 AM, -^CrossBow^- said:

So I still think it is an excellent diagnostic kit to have on hand but I might remove the connectors and just solder wiring straight to the PCBs to see if it helps in that regard. I'm assuming that if left unused over time, the pins start to oxidize a bit and that would skew the readings of course.

Just some followup on this since I am partially building another board at the moment.  The connectors are Molex(R) and gold-plated, so it probably isn't a connector problem.  The ribbon cables were hard to find, and I finally got a batch from somewhere (can't remember if Amazon or eBay).  Anyway, I would easily blame them for the problems.

https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/276/1/0878340611_PCB_HEADERS-152817.pdf

Okay, updated the program to change its messages for the bad cartridge tests.

Also, if you only had the single video test, you now have one for NTSC and one for PAL.  The NTSC one should also now have good timings, so no more weird tearing.

As usual, plug into Windows, find out which COM port it is, and run diag_flash COMx where x is the port number.

diag_flash.zip

Edited by ChildOfCv
  • Thanks 1