IGNORED

2019 Harmony Games Round 1-Aardvark

Dan Iacovelli

Time to announce the first Game of the 2019 Harmony Games Tournament
which Aardvark which won for Best Work in Progress in the 2018 Atari Awards

the Game and instructions can be found here

This round start today(3/11) at noon Central and Ends on April 2nd at 2pm central
Scoring is the same like before:

Point scoring: top 10: 10 (for first) to 2(for tenth) 1 for everybody after 10
you can post scores here (or if your registered at avconline.freeforums.net (haromny games topic) )
leader board will be posted here and on AVC Online Forum
(you can play using Harmony, actual cart or emulator.)
Good Luck!!

• Like 5

Why are all the scores posted with (current?) backgrounds? Is that a rule?

It's done that way to prove that the score was achieved since the contest started (March 11th) and not a previously achieved score. Since Dan is running this contest and he mentioned it in the chat during Wednesday Night's Atari chat, I used the chatroom as the background on the first go. Second attempt, I used the post here at AtariAge. :)

Highscore.com requires something similar for their verification of scores (must show gamers tag within the photo).

It's done that way to prove that the score was achieved since the contest started (March 11th) and not a previously achieved score. Since Dan is running this contest and he mentioned it in the chat during Wednesday Night's Atari chat, I used the chatroom as the background on the first go. Second attempt, I used the post here at AtariAge. :)

Highscore.com requires something similar for their verification of scores (must show gamers tag within the photo).

well I did not know that just figured that they forget to minimize the windows behind.

• Like 1

Just finished an impromptu ZeroPage stream playing Aardvark with Tanya! I had to stop after a while because my wrist was sore so I made it a goal to make it to 500k (I had 7 lives at that point).

James O: 507480

Tanya O: 6450

I'll update my post with the link to the YouTube archive tomorrow. :-) You can check it out on Twitch in the mean time if you like.

post-37205-0-55029800-1553669378_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Many many many times! :-) I commented that my training will definitely help in the final release, I honed my pattern and strategy down perfectly.

Also I found a very odd bug during my extensive play session last night but I'll post it in Aardvark thread.

Looks like you would have rolled the 5 level demo version. That definitely won't happen with the final release. But your hefty training with the demo should help.

Final Scores for round 1:
James O (ZPH) 507,480

Mika 136,570

Bob Mackey 54,040
Arenafoot 35,680
Tanya O(ZPH) 6,450
Dan Iacovelli 6,150

Any scores submitted from now till April 11th 11:59:59am will be accepted but will only get 1 point in leader board(which will be posted on the main thread of the Harmony games(thats the one where I announced the game)

Edited by Dan Iacovelli
  • Like 1