IGNORED

Is the following item out there?

While you can convert other system controllers to Intv, it's a bit more complex and not ideal. The Intv uses a matrix for its input, as opposed to other systems that used dedicated pins for directions and buttons.

Not to mention the lack of a key pad eliminates any game that uses it to select options when starting a game or during gameplay.

And the Intv used a 16way disc. While the best a genesis controller can do is 8way. Which is fine for a good portion of the games. But not ideal for some, and I believe a couple might not really be playable with only 8.

Intellivision uses four pins for up, down, left, right; like any other system. A fifth pin is used for most diagonals. Each side button does use two pins but that can be taken care of with a couple of diodes. Some games do use the keypad for the third action button, e.g. defender, space hawk, astrosmash. Otherwise a y-adapter would give you access to the original keypad.

Edited by mr_me

Have a look at this thread: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/213882-sega-adapter-for-intellivision/

You might ping grips03, as he said in the thread he was working on such a thing.

I sold that one and then made several more for sale here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/264012-sega-to-intellivision-controller-adapter

I lost so much money making these, that I hesitate to make any more.