IGNORED

Atari 800 White Screen of Nothing

Falter

Hey guys,

So I'm trying to figure out this early 800 I have and so far nada. You power on, and with the composite out you get a solid white screen - the TV output just gives you a little less static.

Nothing really seems to change matters, cartridge in, cartridge out. I even have a spare OS cart but nothing there either. I've removed and reseated every chip in the thing. I've checked the RAM chips in another computer that uses them. I've even taken a DMM and, with the cards plugged in one at a time, confirmed continuity between the topmost part of the card 'teeth' and the bottom where the socket pin is soldered in. Kind of dizzying work and I *may* have missed one, but all that I tested came back ok.

I'm wondering if I should just buy a known good motherboard from Ebay or something just to test with, or a complete system... just to see if the cards are any good.

When I first got a power supply for it it was doing something similar and if you pressed on the OS ROM card with a bit of force it'd work. I figured maybe the socket needed cleaning to so I did more cleaning but after that it was white screen of death forever.

Would be grateful for any suggestions/advice.

Thank you.. I did a purchase on ebay and will see but if yours is still available I may come back to you. Appreciate the offer!

I have a drop in replacement sitting on my bench 5470F329-2F92-4AD5-A6DE-E68D9D8BBFA3.jpeg

Tested with SuperSalt and running great. It was a 800 I bought off Ebay.

Arrived in pieces, as did the 810.

Caps are good and I cleaned it Well with Qtips and rubbing alcohol. ( as usual )