Sign in to follow this  
slab0meat

Devil May Cry 5

Anyone playing?

I haven't played one in a long time (bought it early on for the PS3), and bought 5 a few days ago.

Very similar stuff to the old ones, and I'm having trouble doing some of the combos. But so far, so good.

I picked it up the other day but am pretty mixed on it so far. I'm thinking I'm probably about halfway through the game at the moment. Might say more after I've finished it and other people chime in first.

Is this a remake of the original game or a new sequel? I haven't played a DMC game since the 2nd one, and I don't think I finished that one. I did play through the first game (I believe on the ps2?) and thought it was amazing for it's time. Seemed like the second one was more of the same, or didn't keep my attention, after that I pretty much ignored the franchise. I bought a version on the Xbox 360 but never played it.

Not played a DMC game in full since DMC III.

Who's behind this one, developer wise as Capcom farmed 4 out if my memory serves

Capcom is behind it. They farmed out the reboot, DMC: Devil May Cry, to Ninja Theory. Capcom themselves made 4.

Better for it?.

From the eight hours or so I've put into it so far, not really. But I'll reserve total judgement until I finish my playthrough.

• Like 1

I only manage to play it in smaller spurts due to kids and being tired at night lately.

I'm enjoying it, but I wouldn't say it's anything GREAT.

If you like the old ones, you'll probably enjoy this one.